Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-29-2022, 11:53 PM   #61
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: Haslab Victory Saber qc issues

So my only issue seems to be smudging on the gold, is it worth writing to Hasbro about?

Oh, and the shoulder on VS, can anyone confirm how "clicky" they should be if I'm raising the arm up and then down? One shoulder clicks so loud you can hear it across the room. The other one is a more muffled click, I feel the click moving the joint, but you don't really hear it. I'm assuming one of those two is "wrong" and I should investigate further, but which one?

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 11:23 AM   #62
justprime
Animated

It seems for the group funding from a corp that didnt need our money fronted to them, the high price that was paid for this piece , the year to wait to see if orders were filled and all of the qc issues hell yea it fking well should be an issue Hasbros not a novice when it comes to packaging and should know better also the plating is probably sub grade or vary thin to mar that easily so yea people have the right to bark when you get a substandard quality for such a toy and the wait etc funding for a premium toy..... and hasbro should be ashamed by all these issues
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 11:35 AM   #63
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
It seems for the group funding from a corp that didnt need our money fronted to them, the high price that was paid for this piece , the year to wait to see if orders were filled and all of the qc issues hell yea it fking well should be an issue Hasbros not a novice when it comes to packaging and should know better also the plating is probably sub grade or vary thin to mar that easily so yea people have the right to bark when you get a substandard quality for such a toy and the wait etc funding for a premium toy..... and hasbro should be ashamed by all these issues
Nah, they feel no shame. Look at all the price hikes in the last couple years and the decrease in quality control along with horrible distribution. This debacle with Victory Saber is just icing on the cake.

I have a scratch on the chrome for my Victory Leo, and while that's no where near some of the qc issues that others have had, it's still not right that the figure was sent with that. If you were to buy something that's this expensive from Bandai, the kind of care they would put into packaging would be unmatched. Even 3rd Party puts more effort into safely packaging their figures.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 12-30-2022 at 11:47 AM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 02:20 AM   #64
Skorpulator
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Nah, they feel no shame. Look at all the price hikes in the last couple years and the decrease in quality control along with horrible distribution. This debacle with Victory Saber is just icing on the cake.

I have a scratch on the chrome for my Victory Leo, and while that's no where near some of the qc issues that others have had, it's still not right that the figure was sent with that. If you were to buy something that's this expensive from Bandai, the kind of care they would put into packaging would be unmatched. Even 3rd Party puts more effort into safely packaging their figures.
Because Bandai SOC and 3rd parties don't have price points to meet. They design and then they price accordingly.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 04:55 AM   #65
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
Because Bandai SOC and 3rd parties don't have price points to meet. They design and then they price accordingly.
Bandai is a massive company. You're referring to a small portion of the company when it comes to SOC. Bandai makes a lot of mainline figures such as Gundam Universe and Anime Heroes and those lines have much better qc in comparison to Hasbro's mainlines (even though Anime Heroes is kind of meh). They also have price points to meet.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 12:05 PM   #66
Skorpulator
Armada

Not for high end toys. Period.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 03:11 AM   #67
Grimlocked
Generation 2

Did anyone else's Star Saber's right antennae come in warped/bent, slightly? I can't tell if it's stressed or just a mold qc issue.
Grimlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 05:27 PM   #68
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlocked View Post
Did anyone else's Star Saber's right antennae come in warped/bent, slightly? I can't tell if it's stressed or just a mold qc issue.
How does it look? The (Star Saber's) right antenna on mine is a bit looser swiveling than the left, but they look okay otherwise.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 06:19 PM   #69
KRSkull
Generation 2

so do we have to send the old toy back at all if we want replacement parts? The one problem on mine looks like it'll be a simple enough fix with a Dremel or something, just drill down into the plastic to make a new channel for the tab to sit in, but i don't want to get in shit and void any replacement system of i modify it for now
KRSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 07:47 PM   #70
Grimlocked
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon10K View Post
How does it look? The (Star Saber's) right antenna on mine is a bit looser swiveling than the left, but they look okay otherwise.
At about halfway of the right (Technically SS's left) antenna, it's bent a little. I *think* it may be a molding issue since it can't be pushed back in place - stressed plastic usually goes back with ease and becomes weaker.

So, it's not a loose antenna.
Grimlocked is offline   Reply With Quote