Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-07-2014, 12:32 AM   #5641
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

MP-21 Bumblebee per-order is up on Nippon Yasan.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures-...bumblebee.html

My pre-order is placed.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:17 AM   #5642
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions

How does it make you feel about the sightings board when a new sighting is posted and a fellow boardie, based on that sighting, goes and buys every figure that were all looking for?

I get having 2 of the same tf but to buy them all, it's pretty obvious there is an intention to resell...

I stop by a lot of tru's but it seems posting finds always helps out the same guys...those who don't seem to have a whole lot going on in life outside of collecting tfs and need help the least as they are already spending the most time hunting...

Thoughts?
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:21 PM   #5643
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack Off View Post
How does it make you feel about the sightings board when a new sighting is posted and a fellow boardie, based on that sighting, goes and buys every figure that were all looking for?

Thoughts?
obviously if you are looking for it and don't have it yet then you are not happy you missed the opportunity, its a pretty natural human response. However if the quantity of figures sighted is pretty low I also wouldn't expect them to be there very long.

But keep in mind not everyone is looking for the same figure.

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #5644
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures-...bumblebee.html

My pre-order is placed.
How do you find Nippon Yasan? I've never ordered from them.

Quote:

I get having 2 of the same tf but to buy them all, it's pretty obvious there is an intention to resell...

I stop by a lot of tru's but it seems posting finds always helps out the same guys...those who don't seem to have a whole lot going on in life outside of collecting tfs and need help the least as they are already spending the most time hunting...

Thoughts?
I think that Hasbro is releasing their figures in good quantities these days? I've only been seriously collecting for just over a year now and sure when they first start appearing people can snap them up pretty quick. But if you wait long enough you'll see them start to pile up on the shelves. Even Soundwave got like 80 figures at BOWMAC. Of course that was probably the manager being proactive.

Also I figure the sighting boards will help people communicate and help each other out if they can. If you know you want a figure and you know it'll be hard for you to get out to a TRU then that's when you ask those around here for help picking one up for you.

Unfortunately, you'll always have people who will lurk and take advantage of the kindness of strangers. But that's just life in general.

And on a side note, not all the people buying several are in it for resell. My Uncle likes to help me and my cousin out and usually buys some for his friends kids and so forth.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #5645
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:

Thoughts?
You gotta remember unless you've got a coordinated effort with fellow boardies that contribute in helping each other out you/we are all at the mercy of those fucker lurkers that come on here to serve their own purpose. I've personally given up on depending on sightings since I don't have the means to just drop everything and head out to Langley or Bowmac on a moment's whim. Ultimately it's up to you to do the same by not posting sightings but there's more than just us after those prized finds. I guess it's all about faith in your fellow boardies which I have a lot of when it comes to buying stuff off them but sightings, I feel, is every one for themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures-transformers/6794-transformers-masterpiece-mp21-bumblebee.html

My pre-order is placed.
Also curious how you find dealing with them, Darth. I have Wheeljack currently on pre-order through HLJ and was holding out until 'Bee shows up there to order but is there any benefit with these guys? (i.e., speed, duty fees, communication, etc.)

P.S., Why oh why God, can't my post-babies wife look like post-baby Jessica Alba in the new Sin City 2 teaser trailer???

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 03-07-2014 at 12:52 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #5646
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
How do you find Nippon Yasan? I've never ordered from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Also curious how you find dealing with them, Darth. I have Wheeljack currently on pre-order through HLJ and was holding out until 'Bee shows up there to order but is there any benefit with these guys? (i.e., speed, duty fees, communication, etc.)
Boardie MULTIPLEX posted Nippon Yasan's sales deal on MP-19. A few other boardies also vouched for their shopping experience with them. They have good price (lower than HLJ) and many shipping options. Their communication is pretty good as their have online chat support during their biz hours. I emailed them about my mistake in choosing the wrong shipping option because it was my first time shopping with them and they changed my shipping to SAL right away. Their also show you all shipping cost estimates (which is the same as HLJ's estimates based on similar product size). You also have the option to "pay now" or "pay later". I currently have MP-20 and 21 pre-ordered with them.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #5647
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
P.S., Why oh why God, can't my post-babies wife look like post-baby Jessica Alba in the new Sin City 2 teaser trailer???
I'd bet with the right cloths, lighting, and camera lense, even a fat-fcuk like me can look skinny. Also, probably because Alba can hire a personal trainer and nutritionist and workout for several hours every day for months while the nanny cares for the kid. It's nice to be rich

Quote:
I don't know, but a lot of the new/popular figures get snatched up pretty quick. And I doubt it's always just one person.

If there's less than 5 of a figure, you blink and they're gone. I mean think about the numbers. Three cases of say deluxes and voyagers show up, how many of each figure is it? Around six of each individual deluxe and voyager. How many collectors are around the lower mainland? Hundreds. And some work really close to places like TRU.

I've been part of the feeding frenzy, and my experience has been multiple collectors showing up and getting their one or two, not one dude walking out with a shopping cart full.

I frequent the Landsdown TRU and as I eat lunch at the food court there, I have a great view of the TRU entrance. In the time it takes me to eat my lunch, I always see several people who IMHO are collectors go in and out of the store. And these are on days when there are no sightings. On days where there are sightings the traffic picks up considerably. And they're not the same faces.

And, what's the alternative? Stop posting? Isolate ourselves? It kind of defeats the purpose of community here. I've been helped out many-many times from sighting's posts. I also like to think when I post a sighting it helps someone else out. Why stop trying to help because of some lurkers and scalpers?

During the frenzy, sometimes you're the one who gets there on time and snatches the last one. Other times, you're the one that just misses out. That's the nature of collecting.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:19 PM   #5648
miasboytoy
Animated

Quote:

Thoughts?
he could be picking them for friends. he has got me things on my wish list before at cost, since i dont have time to drive around all the time due to work. im sure many other will say the same for panda. he is a good guy to deal with!
miasboytoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #5649
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I'd bet with the right cloths, lighting, and camera lense, even a fat-fcuk like me can look skinny. Also, probably because Alba can hire a personal trainer and nutritionist and workout for several hours every day for months while the nanny cares for the kid. It's nice to be rich
I rather prefer meat than bones.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #5650
Corvicron
Beasty

Quote:

Thoughts?
There are lots of people who collect tfs that don't post. It hasn't been untill recently that I've posted. I would watch the boards for sightings and take advantage but not here to stand up and be accounted for. Its easy to forget that for every person who posts there is probably 2 that don't, that are looking for the same things.
Corvicron is offline   Reply With Quote