Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-16-2019, 12:32 PM   #51
riderman
Beast Machine
Re: TRU.CA Sightings Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
So they're basically turning into Walmart when it comes to price matching. Walmart won't price match TRU or Amazon either.
In the past Walmart price matched Amazon. Now they will not because of third market sellers. I never knew Walmart didn't price match TRU?? Maybe they don't price match percentage like 50% off items!
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:50 PM   #52
riderman
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
But YMMV as training is brutal at Walmart. Yesterday, I was told they don't price match TRU. I told the CSR that they do and she had to call someone else to verify it. Then they said they only price match physical flyers. Then they said that if the specific item is not shown in the picture that they won't price match it. Showing the specific figure (siege deluxe) online didn't matter to them.
Price matching at Walmart is different depending on the Walmart. Some Walmarts are very strict and ONLY price match what's on the online flyer or even worst on a paper physical flyer because they don't trust a picture that could be modified with paint shop!! That's why I try to have both physical or online flyers when I price match in stores. Paperback is always accepted but sometimes depending on the certain Walmart they will not price match a deal. One time I wanted more that 3 they only allowed me 2 for price matching!!
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:43 PM   #53
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

POTP Predaking is currently available for a darn good price of $134.98:

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../91D84319.html
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:26 PM   #54
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

About time they started clearing him out

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:18 PM   #55
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderman View Post
In the past Walmart price matched Amazon. Now they will not because of third market sellers. I never knew Walmart didn't price match TRU?? Maybe they don't price match percentage like 50% off items!
That's exactly what it is. They don't price match the website and the flyer needs to have the exact item displayed with the price (which it never does). Bs imo.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:20 PM   #56
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
That's exactly what it is. They don't price match the website and the flyer needs to have the exact item displayed with the price (which it never does). Bs imo.
Depends who you get. I price match TRU all the time assuming the item is on the website
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:05 AM   #57
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Depends who you get. I price match TRU all the time assuming the item is on the website
My experience has always been that WalMart will pricematch TRU if you can show them the exact figure at a discount price on TRU’s website, *and* show them the written dates of the sale. They don’t get that for the website to show the discounted price the sale has to be current (and yes I’d get if they had to refresh the page to do that).

So my best advice for success is:

(If figure is on TRU’s website)
Have physical flyer in hand. Pull up tru page to figure showing sale price (not % off).
Show cashier tru web page saying “Hi, Toys R Us has these figures on sale right now and I’d like to pricematch. As you can see they are on sale this week for $23.98 instead of the regular price of $29.99”. At this point it is 50/50 that they will say “ok” and do the pricematch - OR they will need to see dates of the sale. That’s when to have the flyer (or at least the online flyer) ready to show them the dates of the sale and that’s today indeed falls within.

(If TRU does not have the exact figure on the website yet)
Much harder to do and requires buying and later returning a figure you don’t want. Basically they understand that if you’re getting a pricematch on figure A, and figure B is the same thing just a different character, they will usually apply the same pricematch to the second figure Ok. So grab a poor Flywheels alongside with your brand new wave figure and follow the above steps to first pricematch Flywheels. If success then you push the new wave figure along and say “and this is the same line and size, just a different guy”. They scan the new wave figure, see he scans the same as Flywheels, and in my experience have generally then done the pricematch.

Then later return the unopened Flywheels with your receipt (for the price matched price, no scamming here). Just don’t forget and come across your unopened and unwanted Flywheels 5 months later in your collection room (been there).

Last edited by Goaliebot; 10-18-2019 at 08:07 AM.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:18 PM   #58
Janitor
Classic

SMOKESCREEN HAS BEEN ADDED TO TRU.CA!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../B994603E.html
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:05 PM   #59
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post

Geez, thanks! Ordered! Don’t even bother to check store stock ($6 shipping worth every pennies for not having to hunt around)

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:41 PM   #60
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post

That's great news.

I already have mine and absolutely love the colours on this mold and recommend it, so for anyone that wanted him and EBgame's stock that appears to be non-existant, it'll be good for them.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote