Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-07-2015, 05:55 PM   #11
thebobkat
Canadian Slag
Re: Fans Toys FT-09 Tesla (Masterpiece Perceptor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
From what im reading on TFW and from others if you go back and re watch TF the movie and look very close there is many clips where Percepter has both the lighter and darker blues and you really cant go wrong with other arm/leg set .
Yeah, either looks fine to me too. Just wanted to see if I liked the other blue better or not. Worst case I'll just keep it as is if I can't get a replacement for my replacement lol.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:05 PM   #12
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
Yeah, either looks fine to me too. Just wanted to see if I liked the other blue better or not. Worst case I'll just keep it as is if I can't get a replacement for my replacement lol.
lol where did you buy him ?
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:57 PM   #13
timcrook
Cybertron

If you have to research multiple episodes to see if the colours match, its close enough
Old 07-08-2015, 07:59 PM   #14
JohnathanKong
Generation 2

Quote:
I might have had a bad batch of plastic on mine...I tried to swap out a leg part and the screw immediately caused stressmarks and cracked the top of the outer screwhole on the leg. Had to revert back to the original parts.
I just got mine today and I replaced the limbs as well. I don't know if I tightened it too tight, but I see stress marks around the screws. I messaged the seller to see if I can get replacement.

Also, I noticed that the left knee ratchet is REALLY loud and stiff compared to the right one. I noticed this after the limb replacements, but I've watched some videos and it seems that this is the case but no one mentions it. Does any one else have the same oddity?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	29130  
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:11 PM   #15
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanKong View Post
I just got mine today and I replaced the limbs as well. I don't know if I tightened it too tight, but I see stress marks around the screws. I messaged the seller to see if I can get replacement.
That front loop/hole is exactly where mine cracked. It doesn't seem to be a problem on the stock blue parts.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:26 PM   #16
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Wow not liking what I'm reading about this figure. Grateful that I passed on it. Hope everyone doesn't have these issues
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:45 PM   #17
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanKong View Post

Also, I noticed that the left knee ratchet is REALLY loud and stiff compared to the right one. I noticed this after the limb replacements, but I've watched some videos and it seems that this is the case but no one mentions it. Does any one else have the same oddity?
This sadly has happen to me too, I pre threaded the screws and i know i did not over tighten. Even though my arms and legs are nice and tight when you pay over 100.00 we should not have to live with stress marks like this. I talk to eric and hes going to look into this
Old 07-08-2015, 08:48 PM   #18
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Wow not liking what I'm reading about this figure. Grateful that I passed on it. Hope everyone doesn't have these issues
The figure itself stock is quite good. If you don't need to swap out the provided pale blue arms and legs you won't see any major issues.

It's quite weighty, as it has die cast feet and hips and is solid for the most part. The elbow joints are a bit lacking in that there's no ratcheting...if feel like they're a tad loose because of it.

Alt mode seems a bit meh but really not that different from the G1 transformation. They could have been a bit more creative but not a big deal as I plan to keep him in bot mode.

It's a solid figure, just not anything out of this world. I don't regret getting it, but I do think it was a tad overpriced. An option to have his IDW monacle/visor would have been nice, but then again FT was definitely going much more for the G1 look.

Quote:
This sadly has happen to me too, I pre threaded the screws and i know i did not over tighten. Even though my arms and legs are nice and tight when you pay over 100.00 we should not have to live with stress marks like this. I talk to eric and hes going to look into this
It doesn't seem to be an issue with the stock arms/thighs, so to me it seems that the plastic integrity is lacking on the pale blue replacement parts. I think they need to recast them in better plastic and provide replacements to people who bought them.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:49 PM   #19
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
That front loop/hole is exactly where mine cracked. It doesn't seem to be a problem on the stock blue parts.
Yea the stock arms/legs are of a thicker plastic why on earth would Fan toys use a thinner plastic is beyond me
Old 07-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #20
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Yea the stock arms/legs are of a thicker plastic why on earth would Fan toys use a thinner plastic is beyond me
I'm not sure that it's thinner per se, but the plastic integrity is definitely sub par. Maybe it had something to do with the colour they casted it in (i.e. if it's not just a dye and it's a slightly different chemical composition to get that colour).