Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Question Our childhood bedroom continuity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984forever View Post
Prime's arm broke in summer of '85, so Prowl lead my Autobots until Rodimus came along in '86.
So as my thread title probably didn't explain well enough (yep, another topic inspired by a not so far away post on TFW), what sort of hierarchies & continuities did we have with our toys as kids, and this can even apply now that we're older.

For example, I didn't have a Megatron or anything when I was younger, so G2 Ramjet was essentially my deception leader, and Flywheels & Blitwing were his generals. They spent a good amount of time bitching with each other, so Scrapper was probably more of the level headed one. Speaking of which, the constructicons that I had were pretty much the flunkies, and Slag/Grimlock/Scorch took turns being mind controlled or whatever for the sake of evening the odds. Inferno probably did too, pre getting his feet broken off anyway.

Things were a little more standard on the Autobot side however, as Optimus Prime led the way, being backed up by Jazz (while I still had him), Sideswipe & Inferno, with Scorch as his personal guard who also acted as a general for the minibots. I actually had no idea who Scorch was at this point, so I called him Blazer & apparently got most of his character & stuff right by happenstance.

Once I got Rodimus & Hero Megatron, I was sort of at an age where I didn't "play" as much, so they didn't change things too much. My Beast Wars era was kinda the same, as I didn't put as much thought into who was on what side or anything. I mostly just liked the figures for what they were, and that's probably why they're not all broken.

... so yeah, who were your leaders, who were your turncoats, and who ultimately paid the price for their insolence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus
Re: Our childhood bedroom continuity

^^ Great story, I wish I could remember the early 80s with that much clarity. I'm sure my TFs as well as my Star Wars and Joes, Micronauts would have a lot of history.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

I pretended Grimlock and Kickback were bitter enemies. They were the only Dinobot and Insecticon I owned in the 80s. In fact I concocted a story that they both got transported back to prehistoric times and they scoured the Jurassic landscape for sources of energon. I pretended Kickback's insect mode was huge so he'd be a formidable foe for Grimmy.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
big dawg
Energon

don't mean to sound rude, but why do you post the exact same thread's here that you post on TFW?
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
Sideswipe
Break it down!

<----- cause some peeps aren't on tfw.

I dont remember battles so much as individual bots or cons i had over time. Ravage, Runamuck (the black one anyways), first aid, wildrider and the purple yellow sparkabot were all in my childhood. couple constructicons too along with prime my parents insist.

Poor prime didnt fair well though, my little brother tried flushing him down the toilet.

Maybe that's why I dont remember prime so well....

Last edited by Sideswipe; 10-03-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:59 PM   #6
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

For me I had my Transformers, Visionaries, Lego and He-Man figures all in the same continuity. Epic battles were had

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:05 AM   #7
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
I pretended Grimlock and Kickback were bitter enemies. They were the only Dinobot and Insecticon I owned in the 80s. In fact I concocted a story that they both got transported back to prehistoric times and they scoured the Jurassic landscape for sources of energon. I pretended Kickback's insect mode was huge so he'd be a formidable foe for Grimmy.
Definitely a solid backstory. I think my green Bonecrusher did some time travel of his own (as he was kind of a clone of my yellow one), but I don't remember working with a history that intruicit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobotz24 View Post
For me I had my Transformers, Visionaries, Lego and He-Man figures all in the same continuity. Epic battles were had
Oh Lego, so many years of everything everything & more.

I usually kept it separate from most others, but pretty much every hobby or interest that I had was done by it at some point, many of which intersected. I even remember reusing characters & things that I'd built for different stories (repaints ftw!), and I've actually still got some stuff together in a box. Not much, as most of it got smashed, but not everything was destroyed in the great war.

Also to Big Dawg, it's pretty much like Sideswipe said, as not everyone frequents both forums. You & I do, but even with some of the same people, I've often found that the "same topic" can take a different route when opened somewhere else, especially given that many of the posts won't be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #8
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Soundwave was leader of the Decepticons, and I guess Jetfire or Whirl lead the Autobots.

I don't remember much in terms of storyline that I had, although I could tell you some lego stories...weird that I don't remember more about my transformers...

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #9
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dawg View Post
don't mean to sound rude, but why do you post the exact same thread's here that you post on TFW?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post
<----- cause some peeps aren't on tfw.
Exactly. Although I am on TFW I generally only view the front page info and sales threads. I don't pour over the other forums. So a thread like this is more then welcome here.

On topic, I recall (which is not much) keeping the battle lines fairly true to the cartoon. However my TF's did spend a lot of time out on my driveway, which consisted of rocks on top of dirt. I made a full city of roads out of those rocks and the TF's primarily stayed in bot mode whipping around rock city. Lots of paint chips (Gasp!) all over my G1's. Good ole case of hindsight. But what kid thinks of toys as investments, besides, no kid should.

Last edited by razin; 10-04-2011 at 09:14 AM.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #10
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I like it.

Growing up we never had many of the "big" characters so we had to make due. Apparently we were unable to think out of the box (so to speak) and none of the figures that we had took the leadership mantle. We just pretended that Optimus and Megatron were giving orders, just off screen...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bedroom, childhood, continuity, hierarchy, leaders