Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #21
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker
Re: Target Coming to Canada!

As for the 'another US-Company' idea... all the major retailers in Canada were already US-owned. WM, BB/FS, The Bay/Zellers, TRU, etc.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #22
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Yeah but Zellers is the bottom of the barrel. Most of the time their pricing for everything is not even competitive at all and price matching is like a fucking interrogation.

So you can print off a page of a website for price matching a video game and have an employee call up a store and scrutinize the page printed or just buy it from FS or BB (most likely) and save yourself the hassle.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #23
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
Zellers does not seem to understand the concept of clearancing items to make room for new products.
About 5-6 years ago, I bought a Transmetal Scavenger from the Zellers in Grande Prairie. The box was beaten to all hell. The toy was full price. I asked for a discount due to the beaten status, nah.

The toy was released in 1998. At the earliest, I bought this toy in 2002. It may have been 2004. There were no other Beast Wars on the shelves at that point.

I won't be missing Zellers. =)
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #24
pud333
Animated

One thing I forgot to mention was just to add on to how people feel about Zellers. It's dark, dirty, a complete mess in the toy isles. I rarely go to Zellers now so all in all, I guess I won't miss it much.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #25
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

good, hopefully they will take over stratford's

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #26
Aernaroth
Metroplex

I reserve judgement until I see how this turns out. The Canadian targets may not be the same as american ones, after all.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #27
prime
Generation 2

Maybe it's a local thing, but the Zellers in my area is actually pretty good. Sure the sales are sporadic, but they often have TF's that neither the local Wally or TRU have, and when they do have one of their 9.99 deluxe/15.99 Voyager/BoGo sales, the SPC discount knocks the prices down to clearance levels. Price matching is also very easy, pretty much no questions asked if you have a flyer.

At the very least, hopefully they'll keep the SPC discount & price matching policies; other than that I can't see Target as a particularly good thing.
prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #28
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

well one thing a lot of you arent thinking about is chances are the stores will change names but the staff will stay the same as big companies usually just take over existing staff. so if it was dirty and messy etc. i bet it will still be unless they drop the hammer and fire people etc.

really hope it gets better and we get more and better toy selections. but not hlding my breath

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #29
klez
Machine War

I'd hope if zellers get replaced by target there will be a management and policy change so we'll have a cleaner, more organized, and well stocked store. Zellers are not bad per say but god they're really the bottom of the barrel in terms of floor upkeep. Selections probably won't change, but it goes a long way if zellers actually has people tidy the shelves up and make it a better place to shop.
klez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #30
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

local Zellers here in Bathurst Still has 10 year old SPICE GIRLS action figures for $9.99 there are about 2 dozen burning fallens, and they actually RAISED the price of the G.I.Joe modern Era figures to 12.99, while "clearencing" rise of cobra only $2 to a still high price of $6.99

It's always dirty, the isles are never organized, nothing is ever together. I welcome Target
wheeljaxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buyout, hbc, target, zellers