Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-20-2021, 06:36 PM   #11
MonstaBot
Sword of Fury=:p
Re: Got the 3 coneheads and DONE with TF Hobby!

Shweeet! Congrats on finishing this hard to find trio! I'm also inclined to agree with many here that once I get the coneheads and few other choice pieces I'll be done. I now have almost every main character I want (Or representations of) and kinda burnt out on the numerous variations of the same characters flooding my collection. The Transformers is a great toyline with a long varied history, but Hasbro keeps rehashing the same characters and ideas. To survive the brand needs an infusion of fresh new ideas and characters to keep us on board and attract new fans. Even then I would be hesitant as although designs have improved, prices keep jumping up and quality keeps dropping. I too might switch collecting focus to other toylines from my childhood...

Last edited by MonstaBot; 05-20-2021 at 06:45 PM.
MonstaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 07:02 PM   #12
Darkroar
Generation 2
Darkroar's Ebay Auctions

There was a similar thread a while back about costs, etc.

What's amazing is we are talking about how overpriced regular figures are, let alone the jump Masterpieces went through a while back.

I cut back quite a bit a few years back and started selling some stuff. I can afford to get what I want, but I've been moving towards having my space less cluttered and being less materialistic. I also feel that it the cost isn't justified by the value in most cases. Also, how many versions of a given character do you need?

Currently I'm mostly getting Kingdom Beast Wars stuff with a few other things thrown in.

As much as I like some of the current figures there are also a lot that I'm mixed or worse on. There was a time when I would never have passed on a Galvatron, but this Kingdom Galvatron is probably a pass for me. The more I look at the figure the less I like it.

It's for the best there are figures like that since I want to downsize anyway.
Darkroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 07:59 PM   #13
wesperino
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkroar View Post
There was a similar thread a while back about costs, etc.

What's amazing is we are talking about how overpriced regular figures are, let alone the jump Masterpieces went through a while back.

I cut back quite a bit a few years back and started selling some stuff. I can afford to get what I want, but I've been moving towards having my space less cluttered and being less materialistic. I also feel that it the cost isn't justified by the value in most cases. Also, how many versions of a given character do you need?

Currently I'm mostly getting Kingdom Beast Wars stuff with a few other things thrown in.

As much as I like some of the current figures there are also a lot that I'm mixed or worse on. There was a time when I would never have passed on a Galvatron, but this Kingdom Galvatron is probably a pass for me. The more I look at the figure the less I like it.

It's for the best there are figures like that since I want to downsize anyway.
I’m not feeling this galvatron. I read somewhere that there might be a galvatron v2. Maybe improved and better color and no damage paint. I’m cherry picking here on out. Few more ss86 figures and I’ll have my collection complete more or less. I started dipping into classified joes and I’m loving these figures. New obsession and even harder to get than TF’s. Hopefully distribution picks up with the movie coming out.

I’m looking to downsize my collecting too as it’s just been too much.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:22 PM   #14
Malechai
Machine War

congrats. would love to get dirge and ramjet (like everyone else). I'm really hoping they do a re-release.
Malechai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:37 PM   #15
Prime Sinister
Animated

After Galvatron and Rodimus, it will be just the Leader Dinobots for me.
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:49 PM   #16
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

I mostly foresee grabbing some of these later WFC releases (to get back all the toys I had as a kid) and the SS86 figures (because movie bias).

Already been cherry-picking for some time, but the costs are absurd, yes. Hmmm... do I want a new video game, or a lump of plastic that'll eventually start its own dust collection?
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:01 PM   #17
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Before I buy a new figure, I ask myself "Could this potentially be the last figure of this particular character that I buy?" It used to be that whenever a character that I had any kind of attachment to would get a Classics/Generations release I'd pick it up because the usual assumption was that this would be the modern incarnation of that character, but now most of the main G1 cast has been double- or triple-dipped which means that a) there's a good chance that I already have a figure of whatever character is coming out and b) if I skip a given character, there's a good chance that it'll come up again in the rotation before long.

It's no longer enough just to have a version of a character; if I'm going to spend money it has to be good enough that I'll never want another representation of that character again. If there are any obvious flaws in a figure I'll skip it and wait for the next version, since there almost certainly will be one.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:28 AM   #18
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

I haven't bought a retail figure in years, i want a very specific collection of mps and that's it. I don't know if I'll ever be completely done, but i do take breaks for months or years at a time

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:48 AM   #19
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Where can the Coneheads be found if not from Amazon as an exclusive or from a scalper on EBay?
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:24 AM   #20
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Well besides odd figure here and there I've been done for a few years now.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote