Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-23-2021, 01:03 PM   #111
VicRav
Machine War
Re: I just transformed...

I transformed Kingdom Inferno. I was having trouble getting the wheels to roll on the ground. Discovered the hose attachments need to be aligned in the right position to make sure they don't raise vehicle off the ground. He is a fun update of the character and looks good next my old beaten up g1 version.
VicRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 09:24 AM   #112
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Messed around with a lot of bots this weekend:

- transformed all bots in UW-02 Menasor
- dusted off my old UW-EX GrandScourge, transformed him and assembled the combiner w/ UWMenasor limbs
- messed around with (a couple of the old G1 junkers recently acquired) with my kid, some G1 Stunticons, G2 Combaticons - she likes driving them around as cars
- watching TV, frigged around w/ Kingdom Ractonite again - should really get another boner
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:39 PM   #113
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Spring cleaning means I dusted off my First Edition Optimus Prime, amongst others. Only messed with him though.

Been years of this guy sitting in alt. mode, but he transforms as splendidly as he did when I first grabbed him. I missed things like him that were 90% there for screen-accuracy but still incredible toys to mess with. Just glad the WFC trilogy has been bringing that in as the main focus.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:16 PM   #114
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Prime View Post
Kingdom Inferno - I have waited a long time to get a version of this guy. The MP was just to pricey for me. I already had generations Grapple which I really like even though his crane is attached to his arm, but his engineering is just so good. But I didn't want gen Inferno because of the shared molding. Once we heard there was going to be an ER Grapple we all knew Inferno was on his way, but man did it take a long time for K Inferno to come out. Finally after waiting years to have an Inferno, and dang this mold / engineering is great. I'm pumped to have him on display and his transformation is a lot of fun.
Man I do like the ERK Inferno/Grapple mold but they look tiny in vehicle mode compared to their generations counterparts, close in length a little narrower in width and half the height. Where’s the beef? These are trucks, they make Huffer look huge!

Recently transformed ER DoubleDealer and his power masters. Nice and intuitive no troubles here. Sometimes I swap his missile for the Botropolis one when he’s in Autobot mode.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:02 AM   #115
Twitcher
Mini-Con

I just transformed Kingdom Megatron into T-Rex mode. All those neck flaps just don’t seem right, but that “flesh” feels so cool after all these years of the traditional hard plastic.

When I’m off work, I’ll see if any fossilizers can look good slapped on him. It’s a shame the beast wars characters don’t really have much in the way of 5mm holes to support a lot of options.
Twitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:57 PM   #116
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

Dark of the Moon deluxe Barricade.

I haven't transformed him in years, and I finally figured out how to move his legs inside of his body properly without it taking forever to do so. I always got so frustrated doing that part. I did not bother getting SS Barricade cause I still really like him. He is one of the first TF's I bought when I got back into TF toys. I've been collecting for almost 10 years now.

I had just turned 11 when G1 season 1 began and when G1 season 3 started I was so pumped to see what would happen after the movie, but was so let down with Galvatron acting crazy all the time and how Rodimus Prime didn't want to lead. I just stopped watching altogether, but I would still watch the animated movie throughout my life. I didn't watch any other TF shows after G1. I tuned into a Beast Wars episode once and thought what the freak is this. Didn't understand what I was watching then.

When i first heard a live action movie was going to be made I got really pump. I remember watching the first one in the theatre and wasn't sure about all the new characters not being like the G1 guys, but when Optimus talked for the first time and realized it was Peter Cullen himself, I was so happy. If there is one voice that had to be there, it was his. After that all the new stuff didn't matter. I didn't get any of the toys until late 2011. My wife saw me eyeing a 2 pack with DOTM voyager battle hooks OP and Cometor. I thought it looked cool, but didn't think my wife would like me spending money on it (money was tight back then). But to my surprise she went back and bought it for my birthday and I was so excited to see she got it for me. I was blown away with the engineering and articulation. That OP took me about 45 minutes to transform. I still have him and enjoy him just as much as I did then. After that I bought DOTM deluxe BB, DOTM voyager Ironhide, and DOTM deluxe Barricade. I thought my toy buying was over after that.

But then TF Prime happened. I remember seeing on the TV listings the name of the show and I thought I might give it a look. I liked that it had the word Prime in it. The first episode I watched was the one where Arcee & Jack fought Airachnid. When the show first started I thought I was watching the wrong show, it looked like a CG horror show. But there was something so mysterious and dark about it, so I kept watching. Shortly after I saw the robots, and was blown away by the graphics, voice actors, and storytelling. It was what I always wanted in a TF show. I eventually ended up going to TRU and bought some of the toys, which lead to more and more and... well you can guess where this is heading.

So, this was all a really long was of saying, DOTM deluxe Barricade is a cool toy!

Last edited by Harry Prime; 05-17-2021 at 10:00 PM.
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:08 PM   #117
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Just transformed Siege Optimus, I dig it after passing on it the first time around, got it from a fellow boardie. So you know if if you can’t buy from a big chain store shop local on the boards here. Now who has a classics BTS-01 trailer? 😉
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:12 PM   #118
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Xtb menasor, combined to vehicle, and back

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:46 AM   #119
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Forgot to post here, but last weekend finally opened up my ER Snapdragon, and also dug up Siege Apeface to go with him

SD to jet then kaiju, for a couple of days
AF from "mostly folded up jet for storage" back to bot
SD back to bot

Damn these guys look good together, a secret joy of mine since I had G1 SD as a kid (neighbour kid had an AF)

Bit surprised to see that AF appears to be taller, but prob just all his back kibble
And me A-stancing SD to avoid too much paint chipping on his clear plastic painted heels

Kinda want that 3rd party jaw enhancement for SD now (could go bigger IMO though)
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:10 AM   #120
steamwhistle
Crossover

...X-Transbots Klaatu

out of the box, from spaceship to robot.
Cute bot... just wish he was 5-8% smaller. He looks monstrous next to a skinny MP like Sunstreaker.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote