Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #11
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Re: Our childhood bedroom continuity

Hah well, one could argue that my guys weren't thinking outside of the box either, what with not coming up with your form of off screen communication & whatnot. They mostly just did their own thing in doors, and saved the outside fun for away missions of sorts. Guess this is why I've lost everything that came with my Constructicons other than the Devi chest, heh.

Also to Bruticus, a topic about "Lego Stories" seems more than doable in one of Off Topic areas, so you should totally make one land if it doesn't already live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #12
big dawg
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Also to Big Dawg, it's pretty much like Sideswipe said, as not everyone frequents both forums. You & I do, but even with some of the same people, I've often found that the "same topic" can take a different route when opened somewhere else, especially given that many of the posts won't be the same.

Fair enough. I'm alot more active on the TFW noards than on here, and from the little I peruse the sightings forums I noticed alot of crossover from here to TFW, but I have no problem. It's just when I looked at the number of responses the thread got on TFW vs the 2 replies it got on here I thought I would ask.

TO add to the discussion, Prime was always my bot leader but I never had a megatron, so I always had to cobble up some story about how Ultra magnus got swayed to the dark side, or jetfire was really a double agent (triple agent?).
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #13
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

This may sound like a silly question, but what were their leadership styles like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #14
big dawg
Energon

well prime was cullen- strong, noble, the ultimate best fighter that would arrive in the nick of time to get his troops out of a bind.

Magnus, well he was the coward leader that had more power than he knew what to do with. He was always one of the biggest bots I had so again, great power with no responsibility. That and prime could still whup his ass lol. usually it came down to them fighting without the armor as prime vs white prime.

Jetfire, well he was a good guy that spied on the autobots and went back to the cons once he knew their weakness. The best part though was that jetfire was always the first casualty as my mom broke his arm off when I first got him ("now son, you are only 5 and obviously couldn't understand the complex transformation *SNAP*" and then he was armless). It made for good fight scenes as his arm stayed on pretty well with friction, but looked awesome when prime rolled in and blew it off to send a message (still have the jetfire with broken arm lol).

Later I got powermaster prime and sixshot and they were my leaders, with metroplex standing in for optimus when he was incapacitated. Still have all those guys in my display to this day. I should really have prime blow off jetfire's arm tonight for old times sake
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #15
Janitor
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobotz24 View Post
For me I had my Transformers, Visionaries, Lego and He-Man figures all in the same continuity. Epic battles were had
Same deal for me, I'm sure I mixed in Ninja Turtles, Lego, Visionaries, Go-Bots...

However later on, my brother and I became OCD (okay, maybe it was my influence as the older one) and kept the playing seperate: if we were playing with Legos it was strictly Legos, if TFs was the flavour of the week then we kept it strictly TFs. At one point we even busted out my mom's mah-jong set for a week lol
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #16
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I mixed Go-Bots and Transformers together, and I did have the one blue Visionaries bird who I can never remember the name of. Plus a Tomy Tri-Bot named Mob-L (who I named Tankor, since I could never remember his name and he had tank treads). And Voltron.

I'd set up the old S.T.A.R.S. base, used Powermaster Optimus Prime as the leader of the Autobots, and the biggest Decepticon as their leader, which happened to be the combined Devastator.

Whenever Optimus Prime would die, he'd pass on Hi-Q as the Matrix to Metroplex, who was the tallest Autobot I had. And sometimes I'd have Metroplex's cog malfunction, so he'd fight while half in city mode like on the cartoon.

As for leadership styles, Prime was Prime. Everyone else seemed to be kinda bland soldiers. I didn't invest much attachment into them except for Tankor and Metroplex. Hell, even Devastator wasn't really like on the cartoon.

For some reason, I treated the toys as 1:1 scale with each other, so Metroplex wasn't really useful as a base except for Micromasters.

Anyways, the Autobots far outnumbered the Decepticons, so they'd usually lose their land dispute battles over the bed, or the dresser, or the floor, etc. Sometimes I'd have certain Autobots defect and increase the Decepticon forces.

Very rarely did I use other things like Legos or other toys with Transformers figures, except for maybe as collateral damage or Lego embankments. Well, except when I specifically made something to represent a figure I didn't have.

Like when I built a somewhat transforming Scorponok out of Construx that was about 3 to 4 times the size of the actual figure. Hell, I didn't know how big it was when I was a kid. And the pieces could only get so small and stay in the same shape. Man, that thing was awesome. Or at least I remember it being awesome. And isn't that really all that matters?

Last edited by Shepp; 10-04-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #17
MaP_Prime
Machine War

I don't remember anything specifics, except for this one thing. Most of my early TFs were from teh G2 era and I remeber being very excited at the idea of getting all of the G2 Aieralbots one summer after getting Slingshot for Christmas and then Silverbolt for my birthday. I made up this story that a bunch of my Autobots had been shot up really badly in a battle with the decepticons, and had to be rebuilt.

So I made a couple of repair tables out of legos and had three of my junked G1 toys sitting on them for a few weeks as they were tended to by their comrades. I think I had to rebuild Wheeljack, Slag, and Inferno into Aieralbots. And wouldn't you know just as I managed to save up enough of my allowance money to buy a new Airealbot one of the mortally wounded Autobots would find themselves with a new body. I think I had Slag rebuilt into Fireflight, Inferno became Airaid and Wheeljack became Skydive.

Beyond that I remember having so many Micromasters that I managed to split them up into Autobot and DEcepticon sides and acting out episodes or making up my own adventures. Oh, and Devastator would often terrorize my sisters Polly Pockets and her pets until Optmius Prime showed up to save them.

She gave up dealing with me when my battles between Superion and Devastator trashed her doll house on several occasions. :P

Ah memories....

Tags
bedroom, childhood, continuity, hierarchy, leaders