Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-17-2018, 10:04 PM   #1
Skylynx0034
Generation 1
My Brief TFcon Thoughts

TFcon Toronto was pretty fun, as always. Got a good deal of stuff from CW/TR/POTP. The amount of 3P stuff just gets bigger and bigger with every year. To think that Hasbro once tried to put a stop to it.

Sucks about Nick Roche getting robbed. He and James Roberts apparently don’t have any TF-related plans after the reboot. Roberts says Megatron’s future in the Functionist universe is entirely up to us. Also had some very interesting ideas for Quickswitch that never came to fruition: he was*going to be a crippled bot inside a powerful battlesuit capable of six modes, basically the ultimate stage in Pretender tech. There were also plans at one point for a Punch/Counterpunch miniseries. Perhaps the upcoming reboot will see these ideas out?

Aaron Archer was hawking his own artwork in the Artist’s Alley. Says he did a five hour long interview for The Toys That Made Us. Might be neat to see all of that someday. Still doesn’t “get” Sky Lynx.

Hal Rayle and David Wise were pretty cool dudes, but some clueless moron asked them seven damned questions in a row. These panels need better moderation.

Garry Chalk was as friendly as ever, but he admitted to me that getting too old for this stuff.*[font=inherit]Said he’s given up completely on bigger events like DragonCon because it’s too exhausting. David Kaye was a class act as always. He held court with a number of fans in the hotel bar Saturday night.
Oh, and I got a lot of stuff I was looking for, although not everything. Ain't that always the case?
So yes, TFcon 2018 was a very good time overall.
Skylynx0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:10 AM   #2
Oasis
Panel Queen
Send a message via Skype™ to Oasis
Re: My Brief TFcon Thoughts

Quote:
Hal Rayle and David Wise were pretty cool dudes, but some clueless moron asked them seven damned questions in a row. These panels need better moderation.
I used to make them limit it to two questions per time up. People complained that I was being too draconian.

Last edited by Oasis; 07-18-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:20 PM   #3
Skylynx0034
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
I used to make them limit it to two questions per time up. People complained that I was being too draconian.
I'd say you were being too generous. One question per person is standard at many cons, including Ottawa Comic Con. Why should one person be allowed to hog so much time like that without any consideration for all the other fans who have this rare opportunity to interact with a voice actor?
Skylynx0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:26 PM   #4
cr3d1t
Beast Machine

I went to the James Roberts/Nick Roche and Aaron Archer panels and I did find that more than a few people were asking up to four, five questions. That was way too much. It felt awkward that they didn't clue in and move on while there was a lineup behind them.

One question per person sounds fine. You'd still need someone like an MC to keep things moving and within limits, though, and without coming off as mean.

Have the person asking the question wear a crown and cape and then have Galavatron shoot (*) them if they ask more than one question.

(*) with silly string.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:28 PM   #5
Stormrave
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Sometimes you have to be.

Embrace your destiny as Decepticon Empress and allow the peons a max of two questions per person, per turn.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:44 PM   #6
Gumby
Beasty

Yeah, one or two questions per time up is more than fair. At least they have the option to get back in line which is more than some bigger cons allow.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #7
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Yeah I was in line to ask a question but gave up because of how many questions were being asked per person. A variety of questions from a variety of people helps keeps things interesting and is nice for everyone--the panel guest and the audience, so 1-2 per person makes sense to me.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:53 PM   #8
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Yeah, one or two questions per time up is more than fair. At least they have the option to get back in line which is more than some bigger cons allow.
That would be the best route. let them ask one, allow them to return in line, and if there is time, they can ask their second question. That way everyone who wishes to get a chance gets that chance.

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!
Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote