Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #1161
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Re: ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
Hey I just saw an ad for a website called DASH. The ad seemed to imply a similar website to Shelflife. It took too long to load on my ipod so I didnt really check it out.

I'm sure you guys are aware of it if it's similar enough to your setup. But just thought I'd make mention of it anyway.
Yep, they'll be plenty of imitation of the foundations laid this year by us, Trampt, Crave and others. No one is doing products down to the item level but us though, allowing for the auto-matching of buyers and sellers that we finished last week. All the more reason for us to keep pushing ahead of the curve...thanks for the hollar regardless...good to know you care!

James

Last edited by faustx; 09-08-2012 at 09:22 PM.
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #1162
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

I got a flag on my kre-o catalog this morning at like 6:30 lol . It's kind of irking me that I get flags for stuff like this one. "time for an update, you don't have sdcc matrix prime or any of the new stuff." The person needs to open their eyes. All the new sets have been on there for about 2 weeks and sdcc prime has been for months I just need a pic. Not even so much this flag but most are so "snarky" "bitchy" in the way people give them. Maybe cause I'm at work this early and woke up with a terrible headache it ticked me off more, I don't know.

Lol need to invent some anti-bitchiness code into flags or give us curators a button that lets us e-slap the person that sent it or a button that tells them to open their eyes lol.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366

Last edited by Sureshot22; 10-10-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #1163
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I've got a flag question myself:

I got a flag on the Wave 8 Modern Parademon saying they could not find the other version (Super Powers). I just rejected the flag as the listing was there.

Is there a way to explain why you are rejecting it?

On the other side, is there a way to comment or give a "Thanks" for updates that are necessary?

Also Sureshot22 is too slow updating the Kre-O stuff. I flagged his stuff early this morning and it still isn't fixed. :P

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #1164
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
I got a flag on my kre-o catalog this morning at like 6:30 lol . It's kind of irking me that I get flags for stuff like this one. "time for an update, you don't have sdcc matrix prime or any of the new stuff." The person needs to open their eyes. All the new sets have been on there for about 2 weeks and sdcc prime has been for months I just need a pic. Not even so much this flag but most are so "snarky" "bitchy" in the way people give them. Maybe cause I'm at work this early and woke up with a terrible headache it ticked me off more, I don't know.

Lol need to invent some anti-bitchiness code into flags or give us curators a button that lets us e-slap the person that sent it or a button that tells them to open their eyes lol.
Hey Rob,

With the number of catalogs I've completed, I get these all the time.

Easiest way to handle them is with a grain of salt. I just extract the good info and ignore the rest. You know how web folk are

James

Old 10-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #1165
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
I've got a flag question myself:

I got a flag on the Wave 8 Modern Parademon saying they could not find the other version (Super Powers). I just rejected the flag as the listing was there.

Is there a way to explain why you are rejecting it?

On the other side, is there a way to comment or give a "Thanks" for updates that are necessary?

Also Sureshot22 is too slow updating the Kre-O stuff. I flagged his stuff early this morning and it still isn't fixed. :P
Yeah, we've talked this over 6 ways from Sunday. The problem with providing feedback is that it will result in a fight as often as it will lead to a simple thanks.

Instead, we're working on the ability for users to directly update Catalogs, Products and Items, and to have the curators be able to accept, partially accept, or reject the contributions. This should accelerate build out of catalogs without resulting in wildly inaccurate data.

James

Old 10-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #1166
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

/\/\ had me scared for a min there as a iwas reading that there james. whew that we can reject or whatever and they cant just change what they want. that would be a nightmare lol.

and it prob was you Matt. lol ya jerk.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #1167
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
/\/\ had me scared for a min there as a iwas reading that there james. whew that we can reject or whatever and they cant just change what they want. that would be a nightmare lol.
Yeah, as a curator, you'll always be able to accept or veto changes and suggestions that the community make.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #1168
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustx View Post
Yeah, we've talked this over 6 ways from Sunday. The problem with providing feedback is that it will result in a fight as often as it will lead to a simple thanks.

Instead, we're working on the ability for users to directly update Catalogs, Products and Items, and to have the curators be able to accept, partially accept, or reject the contributions. This should accelerate build out of catalogs without resulting in wildly inaccurate data.

James
That's gonna be an excellent idea if it works. Would definitely be a plus for both Curators and users alike
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #1169
vohkuhl
Cybertron

Someone update the Generations line!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #1170
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Hey all,

Big news! $750 COLLECTOR WARS contest now live on ShelfLife.

Get yourself a MP Soundwave!

Check it out here:

http://www.shelflifex.com/collector-wars-contest

or here:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=43554

James

Tags
collecting, shelflife