Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-05-2012, 02:41 AM   #51
g loonie
Generation 2
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

I'm more of casual collector and just stumbled onto this site during the MP-OP/MP-TC craze when TRU had the 30% off sale. As i was checking for updates i was pretty impressed with the community that had developed and wanted to stay involved even after supplies of both had been snapped up. I was starting to feel bad b/c i don't have a car so i could only give updates on TRU broadway and their selection has been pretty shite as of late. Glad to know this thread exists to chat with other members in the community about other topics (un)related to TF's.
g loonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:41 AM   #52
vohkuhl
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgertron View Post
Vohkuhl, most of my figures are in storage boxes due to space constraints, but I do rotate a few out every few months! I find I play with the smaller, fiddly figures the most

-BT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
yeh me too!
That's funny, cause as of late, I've been playing with my Legends from the Generations Gift Set. I do play with randoms that I'm prepping (the not so fun part) for repaint . Still working on developing my skills before I do an official posting.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:48 AM   #53
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

I personally like to rearrange the figures in my display case every couple of months. As for the ones on my shelves, the Arms Micron ones, I repose and fiddle with the Microns for new combinations. That way they don't get too dusty. I have loose figures next to my computer that I fiddle around just for the lulz.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:18 AM   #54
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgertron View Post
most of my figures are in storage boxes due to space constraints, but I do rotate a few out every few months! I find I play with the smaller, fiddly figures the most

-BT
Me too, I love the detailed Masterpiece and Alternators for display but I play with the Legends/Legion class the most. They're just easier to fiddle with and I don't have to spend half an hour reviewing instructions or a video review to transform it.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #55
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

So for those of you who regularly cross boarder shop, do you think you will continue to post WA State sightings in the BC sighting thread?

As for various online sighting, I think we could move it here.

Also we can move some of our local buy/sell/trade topic here so we are not filling the sighting thread with those "I am looking for _____" message?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #56
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

^ Depends on how the other members feel. I still think cross-border sightings and 'I am looking for/have _____' is relevant to the sightings thread as it may help someone who might not check here.

The scalper in question was some dude on craigslist selling 5+ Thundercrackers for 80 or 100 each or something, and a couple Primes for 150 I believe... and he showed up in the thread and started trolling, pretty much. Then it got taken down and here we are. I'm glad most people approve of this thread anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vohkuhl View Post
I was curious, since I purchase/pre-order most of my TF's online now due to the dry spell in BC.

I get the itch to buy random TF's that are not the main focus to my collection. To prevent that itch, I play with TF's more often than I usually would lately... How often do you play/pose/transform your collection?
I don't do major rearranging very often, but I'm constantly tweaking my display whenever I feel like changing something or I have a new figure to make space for. And when I have new ones I'm usually transforming them every day before I put them on the shelf. It's mostly the Neo-G1 and MP/Alts that get messed around with, although Animated and Unicron Trilogy get some love too. Movie and G1 stuff tend to sit there longer.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #57
Yobuster
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
So for those of you who regularly cross boarder shop, do you think you will continue to post WA State sightings in the BC sighting thread?

As for various online sighting, I think we could move it here.

Also we can move some of our local buy/sell/trade topic here so we are not filling the sighting thread with those "I am looking for _____" message?

Yeah sightings for WA state totally helps. It'll help my decisions to drive down south to hunt or not.

Man i'm just off the boards for a few days and so much change already. Personally i prefer the banter in the sightings thread since that's basically the only thread i check.

Good to chit chat and get sightings at the same time but then again i can see it the other way too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
^ Depends on how the other members feel. I still think cross-border sightings and 'I am looking for/have _____' is relevant to the sightings thread as it may help someone who might not check here.

The scalper in question was some dude on craigslist selling 5+ Thundercrackers for 80 or 100 each or something, and a couple Primes for 150 I believe... and he showed up in the thread and started trolling, pretty much. Then it got taken down and here we are. I'm glad most people approve of this thread anyway.

ah ok so the troll postings was removed, i was wondering how i missed it. Then again i've not been on these boards for a few days.

Feedback @ http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...light=yobuster
Yobuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #58
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Wish I had the space to display more of my TF's. Just like the rest I can only display a handful at a time and the rest remain in storage.

Lately I have been contemplating if I should sell off my combiners (Hercules, Bruticus w/ FP limbs etc) and just focus on MP's, Alts, BT's and Alternity... really on the fence right now. The 3rd party combiners are just too awesome to pass on... I think I need to find a second job again
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #59
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Spec View Post
Wish I had the space to display more of my TF's. Just like the rest I can only display a handful at a time and the rest remain in storage.

Lately I have been contemplating if I should sell off my combiners (Hercules, Bruticus w/ FP limbs etc) and just focus on MP's, Alts, BT's and Alternity... really on the fence right now. The 3rd party combiners are just too awesome to pass on... I think I need to find a second job again
I hear that, bro. I can't keep up with the new stuff! Also, I decided to not cheap out on presents this year so I haven't been able to buy any new figures. I WAS hoping to get a part time for the holidays but that reaaaally didn't work out. Lol.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #60
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroShake View Post
I hear that, bro. I can't keep up with the new stuff! Also, I decided to not cheap out on presents this year so I haven't been able to buy any new figures. I WAS hoping to get a part time for the holidays but that reaaaally didn't work out. Lol.
Its good not too cheap out on presents X-mas shopping complete for me n the Fams. Still have $$$ to buy me some cool 3rd Party stuff this month or maybe a Wii U... decisions

As I was typing this the LMFAO song came on AOTS. It was in sync with your sig hahahahaha!!!
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote