Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-20-2016, 09:17 AM   #1
Oberon Prime
Beasty
MP-30 Ratchet... Shipping/Release Speculation and Enthusiasm Thread

Hello All,

Just got Payment Request from AmiAmi this morning. A little earlier in the month this time than the last several. Thus my getting around to posting this after the fact.

So glad to get several months worth of break before MP-32.

Given how much I loved MP-27 Ironhide I am super excited for this one. Which is odd given my usual disdain for remolds/repaints. He will be my first double dip on an MP mold.

But I figure hey they are Ironhide and Ratchet they should be remolds it's tradition. Tradition it seems can excuse almost anything.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:24 AM   #2
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician
Re: MP-30 Ratchet... Shipping/Release Speculation and Enthusiasm Thread

So you tell me that you only have one Datsun and one Lamborghini ? If so then you must not be going for a complete cast of season one and two like most of us here. Me I am glad this is happening and trust me there will be a whole slew of new stuff to come before the MP 32 Primal.

I cannot wait as usual I went with HLJ so I should see this bad boy by next Friday. EMS is a beautiful thing lol
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:26 AM   #3
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Unfortunately I didn't pre-order this or Ironhide but luckily got a good deal as I ordered him from Kool Toyz so I won't have to worry about tracking and all that fun stuff this time around. Now if they hurry up with Stomp I will be happy with my MP Dino shelf with him and Ratchet filling it out
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:32 AM   #4
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
So you tell me that you only have one Datsun and one Lamborghini ? If so then you must not be going for a complete cast of season one and two like most of us here.
That is mostly correct, though in part after the fact justification for certain gaps. When I started with MPs I had no notion I'd be collecting a line. At first I only had the Hasbro versions of MP-01 and much later MP-10 because they were Optimii and that was and remains a focus for me. I was lucky and also got a Hasbro MP-13 since he was and remains my favourite Decepticon.

I only grabbed a Prowl and then later a Sideswipe as they were my favourite characters from their respecitve molds and I felt that Optimus needed some soldiers to order around the shelf. It would have stopped there since getting MP's through BBTS was way too expensive for my taste.

Then I found out about HLJ and other Japanese e-tailers and early bird preorders and next thing I had MP-20 through MP-22 and it was so easy and affordable. Now if its an Autobot and appeared in the original G1 Series or Movie then its an auto purchase.

My MP Decepticons are and will remain just a small core of favourites but I've never been into the Cons the way I was the Autobots.

In truth I'd now prefer to have the other Datsuns and Lambo, however to go back now and get Alert, Streak and Smokescreen unless Takara reissues and I can get in on another round of early bird preorders is prohibitively expensive. I will just continue to go without and justify the absence with the excuse I am not going for cast completion but just my favourites though as the numbered releases climb ever higher with me only skipping the dubious/non-G1 releases such as MP-23 Exhaust, MP-24 Star Saber, and MP-26 Road Rage this becomes less and less convincing a rationale for the absence of 14, 18, and 19.

Quote:
Me I am glad this is happening and trust me there will be a whole slew of new stuff to come before the MP 32 Primal.
In terms of main numbered official MP releases only MP-31 Delta Magnus which for me is a skip release much like 23, 24 and 26 were. Sure their will be ever more 3rd party releases but the only 3rd Party on my MP Shelf is XTB Apollyon. And I am very loath to flesh out the ranks of the Autobots in the same way when it seems all but given that Takara will eventually do official versions of all of them. That being said I am eager to add a Sunstreaker, Hound and Inferno so much like I impulsively justified Apollyon as a placeholder for Megatron if I see a good deal at TFCon who knows. Mostly since I currently only collect MP (or perhaps MPish )I am glad to be able to go on a spending Hiatus between now and TFCon in July.

Quote:
I cannot wait as usual I went with HLJ so I should see this bad boy by next Friday. EMS is a beautiful thing lol
I usually do SAL Registered but I'm thinking since Ratchet is the last in awhile that paying the extra $8 to ship him via EMS is somewhat tempting. Damn you for making me check the price on that
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Last edited by Oberon Prime; 04-20-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:15 AM   #5
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
So you tell me that you only have one Datsun and one Lamborghini ?
That's what I do too.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:58 AM   #6
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Me personally I want to have every core character from the G1 series season 1 & 2 I am fine with collecting over time.

I do however have a lot of the repaints and that is because they are easier to find than you would think on the secondary market you just need to know when to strike.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #7
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

At this point I'm only missing MP Red Alert and MP Smokescreen from the main cast. I'd like to have them, but not at cutthroat prices. Even the "anime version" Red Alert is pricy -- has any site offered a preorder discount? I guess there's always a chance Hasbro will come through on these guys.

As for Ratchet: bring him on!
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:55 PM   #8
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Got my AA pay request too. Got customs raped on laserwave so a little scared since I ordered 2xratchets
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:05 PM   #9
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
At this point I'm only missing MP Red Alert and MP Smokescreen from the main cast. I'd like to have them, but not at cutthroat prices. Even the "anime version" Red Alert is pricy -- has any site offered a preorder discount? I guess there's always a chance Hasbro will come through on these guys.

As for Ratchet: bring him on!
I'm missing both of mp14 and 19 as well. There is no preorder discount since mp14+ Ttmall exclusive. Smokescreen is $70US shipped on eBay. I ordered one, should have jumped on it when ebay had those $15 off 75 coupons earlier this year. Hopefully mp14+ will be $70us as well which is a bit more acceptable.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:26 PM   #10
Rev
Addict

Really looking forward to getting this guy. Having Ratchet beside Ironhide will be awesome.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote