Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #11
evil_ivotron
decepticon ruler
Re: Canada Post - RANT! Thieves!?

Don't be cheap with shipping. Always track and get insurance. Never, will you ever have a problem like that again.

thanks Crobot for the awesome sig...
"every heroic Autobot deserves a concrete tomb"
evil_ivotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #12
Predaking4Ever
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_ivotron View Post
Don't be cheap with shipping. Always track and get insurance. Never, will you ever have a problem like that again.
Mine was not a problem of cheap shipping, it was Canada Post themselves, they have a policy of leaving packages in what they call 'safe areas', my orders all had tracking numbers.
Predaking4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #13
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
Bubble wrap envelope or a normal envelope with the item wrapped in bubble wrap?
It was a regular envelope with bubble wrap inside. The sender had to pay extra as he was told it would not fit thru the feeder, yet thru it went anyways.

I have secured another arm which will be shipped differently.

Canada Post called me this morning, even though there is nothing they can do for the item they did discipline the mail carrier. I guess it is policy if a letter is being delivered with obvious damage to it they have to affix a label saying damaged. The carrier when asked said she saw the damage but was too busy to bother with it.

Either way its a lesson learned. Honestly until I started collecting last October I was fairly ignorant to the mailing/shipping world, I have always been a brick&mortar shopper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaking4Ever View Post
Mine was not a problem of cheap shipping, it was Canada Post themselves, they have a policy of leaving packages in what they call 'safe areas', my orders all had tracking numbers.
I guess I'm somewhat lucky when it comes to that as I am in a newer neighbourhood so we have the superboxes at the end of the street. If the item fits in the parcel section they will lock it in there, if it doesnt fit it goes back to the post office for me to pickup.

Last edited by razin; 10-28-2010 at 12:19 PM.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #14
Predaking4Ever
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by razin View Post
I guess I'm somewhat lucky when it comes to that as I am in a newer neighbourhood so we have the superboxes at the end of the street. If the item fits in the parcel section they will lock it in there, if it doesnt fit it goes back to the post office for me to pickup.
Same here, but this box I am referring to had over 1000 dollars in Masterpiece Takara Prime's in it along with a bunch of TFC reissues and stuff. It was too big for the parcel part of the super box.
Predaking4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:50 PM   #15
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaking4Ever View Post
Same here, but this box I am referring to had over 1000 dollars in Masterpiece Takara Prime's in it along with a bunch of TFC reissues and stuff. It was too big for the parcel part of the super box.

Must have different policies in diff areas? Cuz if it doesnt fit in the parcel part at our superbox it doesnt get left at my door, it goes to the nearest pickup office where it would obviously remain secure. The only time I've had a situation like yours is with UPS, they will almost always leave it in a "safe place". I had a GPS delivered and they left it behind a shovel, the box was still very visible when I pulled up......so I don't consider that safe.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #16
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Caveat Emptor, dude.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #17
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Always use the padded envelopes.

I've never had a problem with those, but I've heard of many people having problems when they just use a standard envelope with some padding added.

The ones that have a plastic like covering are best, but those can be a little more pricey.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #18
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I don't think tracking would have helped, I think this was a case of the envelope feeder/sorter machines chomping through the bulge part where the arm was.

Small parts are probably better sent using the thick envelopes with bubble wrap built in because I don't think those go through the regular sorter machines.

But in the end; damn that sucks and I feel for you!
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #19
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I don't think tracking would have helped, I think this was a case of the envelope feeder/sorter machines chomping through the bulge part where the arm was.

Small parts are probably better sent using the thick envelopes with bubble wrap built in because I don't think those go through the regular sorter machines.

But in the end; damn that sucks and I feel for you!
Yeah, any small parts I send, are sent in those padded envelopes. The thick paper ones are like 5 or $6 for a pack of 10 so they're pretty cheap considering the protection they offer small parts. The plasticy ones are better but are more expensive as well. I've never had a problem with anything I've sent in the a padded envelope. I also usually bag the item in a small plastic bag (something along the lines of the bags the instructions come in with any TF), this is just in case the outer envelope is pierced, there's still another bag inside that is holding the parts. A little bit of prevention goes a long way when it comes to mailing/shipping and that prevention doesnt always mean that you have to spend extra money for tracking when it would otherwise cost a couple of dollars to ship a small item.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #20
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Had something similar happen when I tried to hook up a friend on here with some extra missiles. There is the "evil postal worker stole my bling" theory, but I'm starting to fall into the "lazy-ass postal workers using overly pressurized sorting machines" theory. I had the missiles taped down, folded over twice in a letter and shipped out, and they were gone by the time they reached him. The damned machines squeeze the living hell outta the letters, so I think anything not locked down by gravitational voids gets ejected, tossed onto the floor and then pocketed by the evil postal workers. From here on out, I'ma shippin' my bling in boxes only.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote