Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
Megamould
Dipstick Tapedeck
Rotten robot?

Okay so here's the story...
I recently picked up an MOSC Energon Demolishor from an Ebay seller. It shows up quickly, the card is in kind of rough around the edges and the bubble seems to be starting to peel off the card here and there. I knew about this before hand, and it didn't seem to be resealed in any way. I post some positive feedback for the seller and a few days later I go to open him up. Here's where the problem starts.

I take the bubble off the card and remove the insert from the bubble, and a couple pieces of his arm fall out. Already I'm going "what the hell?". I undo the twist ties and take him out. As I do this, Demolishor breaks into nearly a dozen pieces...

Entire chest piece came off, broken where the screws go.

Arms crumbled to pieces. The worst stuff seemed to be the clear green plastic. On the parts that didn't fall off you can see stress marks inside the plastic.

Splitting everywhere. The outer edges of the right arm look like they've been roughed up with a file or something.

In my years of collecting Transformers I've never seen a figure deteriorated this badly, certainly not an MOSC figure that isn't even that old. Strange part is, the lower torso is fine. Nothing broken there. Anyone have any idea what could cause this, or seen anything like this before? Did I just get a dud? I don't think the seller knew, although I think I should bring this rotten bot to his attention. In the end I just Krazy glued together what I could, which wasn't much. Another one for the junk pile!
Megamould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Rotten robot?

I'm guessing this one got caught in the machine and the poor guy in China or Thailand or wherever didn't want to get fired so he packaged it. Or this could be from a bad batch of plastic that slipped through at the factory before they swapped sources.

The only other TFs I've heard of that have "cosmic rust" are those afflicted with the Gold Plastic Syndrome, where it crumbles with age. To my knowledge, this figure never had that problem.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:34 PM   #3
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I think the seller is fucking around with you...there is WAY to much damage for a factory crap job.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
pulsedragon20
I win

i think the seller is screwing you over, never seen anything that bad before. OR someone put back a defective/broken toy in the package and sealed it up like new and returned it to a store as "new".

What you should have done is open and test the toy first before giving feedback...even if it's new. You can still complain on the seller's feedback page by "reviewing"/"follow-up". If worst comes to worst, just tell eBay
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
Megamould
Dipstick Tapedeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I think the seller is fucking around with you...there is WAY to much damage for a factory crap job.
That's the first thing I thought. The guy has 100% feedback with 700 positives.. which I suppose doesn't mean anything. The only thing stopping me from writing an angry Email is that it didn't seem resealed at all, twist ties didn't seem redone. everything inside was mint, except for the upper torso. When I went to transform him he broke into everything you see in the first pic. I don't know how you could get a figure that busted up back into the package. Maybe some shitty glue.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #6
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

There's a possiblity that the figure got crushed while in package. Maybe that's why the packaging was rough around the edges so to speak, but definityly don't think it's a factory thing. I think it's possible to squish the plastic packageing and have it pop back and look as if nothing's happened to it.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
prime13
mendōkusei...

see? this is why I dont buy from Ebay.
prime13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
chans formers
raff ow roud

iv'e never actually seen something like this before....especially for something that was supposed to be mosc.it looks like somebody got mad at it while having a ballpeen hammer nearbyhonestly though,i think the seller's trying to pull the tf hoodie over your eyes. is there any way you could get your coinage back?
Old 07-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #9
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
There's a possiblity that the figure got crushed while in package. Maybe that's why the packaging was rough around the edges so to speak, but definityly don't think it's a factory thing. I think it's possible to squish the plastic packageing and have it pop back and look as if nothing's happened to it.
I suppose it could have cold have been squished while in the package. It is shipped in Vehical mode right. is there only damage to one side?
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
Megamould
Dipstick Tapedeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
I'm guessing this one got caught in the machine and the poor guy in China or Thailand or wherever didn't want to get fired so he packaged it. Or this could be from a bad batch of plastic that slipped through at the factory before they swapped sources.

The only other TFs I've heard of that have "cosmic rust" are those afflicted with the Gold Plastic Syndrome, where it crumbles with age. To my knowledge, this figure never had that problem.
Once I chilled out abit cosmic rust is the first thing I thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
i think the seller is screwing you over, never seen anything that bad before. OR someone put back a defective/broken toy in the package and sealed it up like new and returned it to a store as "new".

What you should have done is open and test the toy first before giving feedback...even if it's new. You can still complain on the seller's feedback page by "reviewing"/"follow-up". If worst comes to worst, just tell eBay
Normally I would open it up first, but it seemed sealed so I didn't bother. I suppose I can add this to my "I'll never do that again" list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
The bubble didn't seem damaged at all, just the outer edges of the card. Right now I'm thinking factory defect, as I can see cracks inside some of the clear parts where there is no split on the outside. There's no scratches or wear anywhere else on him. It is a mystery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime13 View Post
see? this is why I dont buy from Ebay.
This my first bad Ebay experience. Disappointing!