Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-15-2019, 12:32 AM   #31
alternatorfan
g1 baby
Re: Most Disappointing Figures of 2018

My siege megatron doesnt seem to transform properly into vehicle mode so that is my kinda disappointment.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:52 AM   #32
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
My siege megatron doesnt seem to transform properly into vehicle mode so that is my kinda disappointment.
What's the problem?

I do know that getting the legs to snap in correctly can be a pain... same with the top part...

The worse of Megatron, his head on a flopping panel that doesn't snap on anything and just flaps there...
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:09 AM   #33
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
Biggest dissapointed has to be when I impulsed-bought Cyberverse Windblade during a sale. Her robot mode looks good in packaging but the plastic quality is horrendous, the hips on mine are ragdoll loose, her knees are way too tight compared to the transformation joint beneath it (that doesn't lock into place properly), the feet don't lock in satisfyingly in jet mode, the idiotic decision to prevent her head from moving even thought it's a separate piece (yet it wobbles?!), the left arm on mine keeps popping off at the bicep swivel when ever I try to use it and the gimmick is so stupidly designed... there's a giant SPIKE of sharp plastic just where you'd want to holder her to activate the gimmick with one hand! HORRIBLE design oversight!

WHY is it so hard to make a decent Windblade?! Iron Factory made a perfectly adorable one for like 20 USD! Windsaber is still my best Windblade!

<
Oh wow, that one slipped my mind as it's so bad that I wanted to forget it altogether...

Same here, impulse buy as I saw it for the first time... then realized that she had no weapon, then the transformation is pretty bad, then the ubber loose joints and terrible connection points... the mechanism that barely works.

So I completely agree on that figure, she stays in jet mode and in the background...

But for decent Windblade, I actually love the RID one, especially the masked version.. very "Macross" type in every way (all modes), including one of the best full Gerwalk mode for any Transformer figure, her scabbard is a fantastic gun. If they could make the "backpack" be integrated and have a rotating or such joint for the hands, she'd be pretty perfect.

Old 01-15-2019, 02:25 AM   #34
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Oh wow, that one slipped my mind as it's so bad that I wanted to forget it altogether...

Same here, impulse buy as I saw it for the first time... then realized that she had no weapon, then the transformation is pretty bad, then the ubber loose joints and terrible connection points... the mechanism that barely works.

So I completely agree on that figure, she stays in jet mode and in the background...

But for decent Windblade, I actually love the RID one, especially the masked version.. very "Macross" type in every way (all modes), including one of the best full Gerwalk mode for any Transformer figure, her scabbard is a fantastic gun. If they could make the "backpack" be integrated and have a rotating or such joint for the hands, she'd be pretty perfect.

I regret not getting RiD Windblade now... Also I wish they had done an Artic Camo verson of her too, like they did Optimus...

Also, I just took a screwdriver to Cyberverse Windblade, out of curiousity, and took off her wingpack. It's almost her entire alt mode... The part with the spinning fans are just held into place by the wingpack so you can at least give yourself a LITTLE bit of clearance and it reduces the weight of the backpack.

It's crazy how TIGHT her shoulders are though, but it's red on red so I think the black plastic is the culprit for the loose hips (and waist). I don't even mind the smple transformation, I just wish she could just be posed without falling appart!!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:29 AM   #35
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
What's the problem?

I do know that getting the legs to snap in correctly can be a pain... same with the top part...

The worse of Megatron, his head on a flopping panel that doesn't snap on anything and just flaps there...
The head thing too.
But yeah my megatron when the arms are folded in tank position they dont align properly and to me feels like im forcing them together imo so i dont like it for the price im paying.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:58 AM   #36
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
The head thing too.
But yeah my megatron when the arms are folded in tank position they dont align properly and to me feels like im forcing them together imo so i dont like it for the price im paying.
This might be a silly question, but are you making sure to flip up the top pieces on the shoulders? I forgot to do that the first couple times and the result was a problem very much like what you are describing.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:24 AM   #37
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
The head thing too.
Just transformed mine to try and see where your issues might be, and can't get anything to misaligned once I get everything in place...
Possibilities..?

Are you leaving the Plasma cannon (the old range of the gun that's Meg's arm cannon) in the right location and simply rotating it or are you moving it to another socket?

Are you flipping the small bits on the top of the shoulders?

Here's some pictures of mine, if it can help you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04685.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	42545   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04686.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	42546   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04687.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	42547   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04688.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	42548   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04689.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	42549  

Name:	DSC04690.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	42550   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04691.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	42551   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04692.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	42552   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04693.jpg
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	42553  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:38 AM   #38
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
I regret not getting RiD Windblade now...
She's the only figure that I went and got multiples.. (masked version)

I did modify the one you see here in gerwalk mode.. I clipped the tabs that would "connect" the cockpit to the shoulders as they are 100% useless and in the way, and I flipped the wings around... and I did snip the tip of the protruding part on the sword to fit the gun's handle in the hand better/all the way down.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC04694.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	42554   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04695.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	42555   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04696.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	42556   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04697.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	42557   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04698.jpg
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	42558  

Old 01-15-2019, 08:44 PM   #39
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
She's the only figure that I went and got multiples.. (masked version)

I did modify the one you see here in gerwalk mode.. I clipped the tabs that would "connect" the cockpit to the shoulders as they are 100% useless and in the way, and I flipped the wings around... and I did snip the tip of the protruding part on the sword to fit the gun's handle in the hand better/all the way down.

Looking cool!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:17 PM   #40
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Im an idiot. I recant my dissapointment with siege megs.
I didnt flip up the things on his shoulders up.
Grrr....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	15476084882461435813445.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	42601