Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #5841
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

LOL! Well it's so far the only AoE figure I'm interested in and I'm getting rid of most of my Bayverse figures, so there's that. I'm still collecting OPs if they're cool. He looks pretty cool. But I am interested in what Takara does with him. And maybe they'd do a 'Battle Mask' version. Maybe I shouldn't rush out to get him after all lol...
Old 04-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #5842
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

TF4 Optimus' "Evasion" mode kinda bugs me. Don't get me wrong I squeed with fanboy ecstasy when it was revealed Prime would be kickin' old school, but, wouldn't that make him smaller in robot mode? The whole (stupid) initial idea was to go with the long nose to account for his height and mass but now that doesn't matter anymore? Is Bay finally catering to geewuners perhaps? Maybe yes. Should I STFU and stop whining about shit that doesn't really exist or matter anyways? Probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
Oh, haha oh well. I just figured since it was still in your signature it might be still available.
Well, technically he is still available. You know how Craigslist deals can easily go sideways with a no show or the old bait and switch? So I'm waiting until I have payment inhand to officially declare Roddy "sold".

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 04-04-2014 at 04:58 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:17 PM   #5843
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
TF4 Optimus' "Evasion" mode kinda bugs me. Don't get me wrong I squeed with fanboy ecstasy when it was revealed Prime would be kickin' old school, but, wouldn't that make him smaller in robot mode? The whole (stupid) initial idea was to go with the long nose to account for his height and mass but now that doesn't matter anymore? Is Bay finally catering to geewuners perhaps? Maybe yes. Should I STFU and stop whining about shit that doesn't really exist or matter anyways? Probably.
lol, I care not for the depiction in the movie. I'm sure he won't be in that form for long anyway. The toy looks pretty cool, with a few quibbles. Mostly the blue upper arms (which were silver in the official images) and weird elbows in combination with the non-articulated wrists. And the general look of blandness due to the lack of detailing paint apps. So that's why a Takara release interests me.

Quote:
Well, technically he is still available. You know how Craigslist deals can easily go sideways with a no show or the old bait and switch? So I'm waiting until I have payment inhand to officially declare Roddy "sold".
Of course, but hopefully that won't happen! I'm considering it sold because it's a slim chance the deal will fall through and someone will want to part out the trailer to me.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #5844
carissa
Energon

I usually ignore all the movie news, so I had to go google what the Evasion mode actually looks like. And it is FUGLY! I<3 G1 & Prime looks all the way.
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #5845
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

I hated the Bayverse look to begin with too, but ROTF Leader OP became one of my favorite figures. I'm pretty tolerant of different styles... It helps that homages are my thing. Anything inspired by the original piques my interest. G1 to Animated to ROTF, they all have a certain appeal. Except Beast Wars. TRUKK NOT MUNKY!!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #5846
ChrisW
Thread Killer

Quote:
The toy looks pretty cool, with a few quibbles. Mostly the blue upper arms (which were silver in the official images) and weird elbows in combination with the non-articulated wrists.
I thought the TFW2005 feedback thread showed he had bicep swivels and wrist swivels that gave him normally articulated arms with properly-oriented elbows...

Checking the thread again, it looks like this is indeed the case as shown in post 66 and in post 184. Post 204 shows one arm correctly transformed and the other with one wrist left unswiveled.

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #5847
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
I hated the Bayverse look to begin with too, but ROTF Leader OP became one of my favorite figures.
Hats off to you and your patience. I tried to give Amazon Jetwing Prime a chance because he looked so gorgeous in robot more (I admit Bayverse Prime has grown on me) but I just couldn't get past the "I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime." when I converted him. After an hour (which was the average time it took for me to convert him) it got pretty tired. Miss those G1 trailer stripe-inspired wings and the combining fuel tank gun. That was a great toy but MP-10 makes up for it in spades.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #5848
Metrotitan
Robot in Disguise

Dude, just take the battery out! :P
Old 04-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #5849
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
I thought the TFW2005 feedback thread showed he had bicep swivels and wrist swivels that gave him normally articulated arms with properly-oriented elbows...

Checking the thread again, it looks like this is indeed the case as shown in post 66 and in post 184. Post 204 shows one arm correctly transformed and the other with one wrist left unswiveled.
Really? That's awesome! Unfortunately TFW2005 is blocked at my location so I'll have to check those links later. That is exciting news, though, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Hats off to you and your patience. I tried to give Amazon Jetwing Prime a chance because he looked so gorgeous in robot more (I admit Bayverse Prime has grown on me) but I just couldn't get past the "I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime. I am Optimus Prime." when I converted him. After an hour (which was the average time it took for me to convert him) it got pretty tired. Miss those G1 trailer stripe-inspired wings and the combining fuel tank gun. That was a great toy but MP-10 makes up for it in spades.
Hah, well I must've taken the batteries out as soon as I took him out of the box because mine is mute. It's better that way.

You're right though, MP-10 is still the ultimate OP
Old 04-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #5850
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I didn't mind Bayverse Prime's design. In fact if it wasn't for the first Bay movie I hadn't realized I still have such strong interest in TF. And ROTF gave us some really awesome toys that I still keep. But after Hasbro decided to dumb down the whole line (which also dictates Takara's design budget), I will just stick to MP unless it's a figure that I like. So far none of the AOE figures interests me. Besides, I need money to get MP-12 and MP-14 reissues (gonna pay double for them now had I decided to buy from Japan when they were first issued)