Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-22-2020, 04:14 PM   #10861
protoform_ironhide
Commander
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
I tend to order through EB Games or A3U. Everything else seems unreliable these days
I have never order from EB Games before, how does it work? Do you just walk into the store and ask to preorder specific figure? Like I just go in and ask to preorder a SnapDragon? I recently just got a Nintendo Switch for my daughter, so potentially it could be our new favourite store if things work out.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 04:19 PM   #10862
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
I have never order from EB Games before, how does it work? Do you just walk into the store and ask to preorder specific figure? Like I just go in and ask to preorder a SnapDragon? I recently just got a Nintendo Switch for my daughter, so potentially it could be our new favourite store if things work out.
Yes as long as the item hasn't been released or close to being released (like a month in advance) you should be able to pre-order in store. Just order early and you should be fine.

Also you can put in pre-order over the phone as long as the item doesn't require a deposit.

Having the SKU helps immensely as sometimes they're named funny or hard to find in their system.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:20 PM   #10863
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Yes as long as the item hasn't been released or close to being released (like a month in advance) you should be able to pre-order in store. Just order early and you should be fine.

Also you can put in pre-order over the phone as long as the item doesn't require a deposit.

Having the SKU helps immensely as sometimes they're named funny or hard to find in their system.
SKU sounds like a tough one..... I don't even know where to find the SKU for SnapDragon and Double Dealer...

I know they offer membership, so I guess you get discount for preorder with membership too right?
Old 08-22-2020, 04:22 PM   #10864
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
I know they offer membership, so I guess you get discount for preorder with membership too right?
There's a free membership you prob need to pre-order. If you want the discount then you need to buy that level of membership.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:25 PM   #10865
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
There's a free membership you prob need to pre-order. If you want the discount then you need to buy that level of membership.
Oh, I see. I guess I need to stop by EB Games although I try not to go to mall since this covid thing happened. Anyways, is it worth to buy one of those membership with discount in your opinion? I am not really a gamer, so I rarely go to EBgames...
Old 08-22-2020, 04:34 PM   #10866
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Oh, I see. I guess I need to stop by EB Games although I try not to go to mall since this covid thing happened. Anyways, is it worth to buy one of those membership with discount in your opinion? I am not really a gamer, so I rarely go to EBgames...
I buy other stuff like Marvel Legends from them. If you spend over $150 a year then can be worth it. Also if you spend a certain amount they renew it for free.

That being said they do offer the membership for half price. So like $7 or $8. I'd keep an eye out for that deal. Then you only need to spend $70 to $80 to recoup the membership.

Paid membership also means they hold your order for 7 days I think instead of like 3 days.

If you're going to buy the occasional switch game for your daughter too then prob worth it?
Old 08-22-2020, 04:59 PM   #10867
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

EBGames has been great for me but it's hard to anticipate which items they will stock. Battlemasters were not carried at all, I think.

I would love to use A3U more but often run into the same problem, their preorders are frequently sold out before I even know about them. Signing up for their newsletter might help.

Amazon has so far only cancelled one of my items although wave 2 deluxes are indefinitely delayed.

I did start preordering from BBTS again and figured out that their deluxes actually come to just under Canadian MSRP after exchange, but that is of course before shipping and customs fees so probably only worth it if they can't be found elsewhere.

It's a weird time for TF collecting. So many great figures and options for where to get them but it's so unpredictable if they'll be reliable, especially with the pandemic making our already spotty retail distribution even worse.

I'd love to be able to order directly from Hasbro Pulse, but their shipping is always ridiculously expensive.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 08-22-2020, 07:46 PM   #10868
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Anybody order anything from SirToys lately? Just wondering if there are shipping delays or issues.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:08 AM   #10869
pandaprime
aficionado!

if Walmart offered a larger quantity of their "exclusive" G1 re-issues online that would help reduce scalping and also help fans who want one actually get one. Also I think it would help increase profit and revenue for them wouldn't it? Why isn't Walmart doing this? Why are they using their online store wrong?

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:57 PM   #10870
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Now after seeing a video review of Super Megatron I’m kinda regretting not jumping on the preorder. I feel like I’m going to regret it if I miss out like I did with Cloud Rodimus. Anyone know of places still offering Super Megatron? Canadian or Japanese sites would be preferable but I know options are limited for this one.