Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 01-31-2013, 03:50 AM   #1
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno
TFcon 2013 Charity Project (Group B): Enter the Vehicons!

As some of you may know, a TFcon 2013 charity custom "Group A" has already formed, with its members committing to updating one of the most famous of the G1 combiners - Predaking.

Sadly, that kind of a project only has room for five people by its very nature. So several of us who contributed to last year's Beast Wars project but didn't get a chance to get in on this year's decided to band together and come up with another theme.... something that would be fit to go up against a legion of Predacons.

And so, it was hit upon to do a set grouping themed around the natural predator of all Cybertronian beastformers... the Beast Machines Vehicons! And like the Beast Wars set last year, we too are definitely open to others joining in on contributing to this grouping.

RULES: We're not putting a size or mold stipulation on this set, really - general concept is to do Cybertronian-styled Vehicons where possible. So with that in mind, basically anything goes!

CHARACTERS: The aim for the set is to update all of the show Vehicons, at the very least. Beyond that, mind, if people want to get in on the theme there's definitely room to do some of the toy characters, like Mirage/Scavenger/Blastcharge/etc. Heck - if someone wants to take a shot at making Mol, and has figured out how to not make him suck, we're all ears!

CHARACTERS CLAIMED/NEEDED:
Tankor - General Tekno
Strika - Stapler
Obsidian - Mumps
Jetstorm - Malwave
Thrust - Rodimus Prime1

SECONDARY CAST OPTIONS (Still taking people interested!)
Blastcharge
Mirage
Mechatron
Scavenger
Spy Streak - Pyjama Prime

All figures will have to be ready in time for TFcon, so if you're not going to be attending, you're still welcome to participate, but arrangements will have to be made to get the toy there. The current plan is to put these into the charity auction itself, rather than eBaying the set like in previous years.

If you're interested in participating, shoot me a PM or post in the thread with what character you'd like to do/what mold idea you have.

EDIT: 2/2/2013 - Since we have a full slate doing the main cast, I've listed who the secondary cast options are, for anyone interested in still getting in on this!

Last edited by General Tekno; 02-02-2013 at 06:53 PM.
General Tekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
Stapler
Nexus Maximus
Re: TFCon 2013 Charity Project (Group B): Enter the Vehicons!

Really looking forward to seeing how the vehicons turn out. Those predacons don't know what they're in for!

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
chans formers
raff ow roud

feral hunting instincts shall always top repurposed sparks shoved into new bodies.will megatron never learn?

i can't wait to see what you guys churn out on this side!!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:56 AM   #4
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
feral hunting instincts shall always top repurposed sparks shoved into new bodies.will megatron never learn?

i can't wait to see what you guys churn out on this side!!
Hunting instincts are useless against numbers and firepower.

Besides, the Predacons lack one thing the Maximals had in BM - a religious fanatic being manipulated by a rogue Vehicon into even greater fanaticism.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style
Re: TFcon 2013 Charity Project (Group B): Enter the Vehicons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
As some of you may know, a TFcon 2013 charity custom "Group A" has already formed, with its members committing to updating one of the most famous of the G1 combiners - Predaking.

Sadly, that kind of a project only has room for five people by its very nature. So several of us who contributed to last year's Beast Wars project but didn't get a chance to get in on this year's decided to band together and come up with another theme.... something that would be fit to go up against a legion of Predacons.

And so, it was hit upon to do a set grouping themed around the natural predator of all Cybertronian beastformers... the Beast Machines Vehicons! And like the Beast Wars set last year, we too are definitely open to others joining in on contributing to this grouping.

RULES: We're not putting a size or mold stipulation on this set, really - general concept is to do Cybertronian-styled Vehicons where possible. So with that in mind, basically anything goes!

CHARACTERS: The aim for the set is to update all of the show Vehicons, at the very least. Beyond that, mind, if people want to get in on the theme there's definitely room to do some of the toy characters, like Mirage/Scavenger/Blastcharge/etc. Heck - if someone wants to take a shot at making Mol, and has figured out how to not make him suck, we're all ears!

CHARACTERS CLAIMED/NEEDED:
Tankor - General Tekno
Strika - Stapler
Obsidian - Mumps
Jetstorm - Malwave
Thrust - ?????

All figures will have to be ready in time for TFcon, so if you're not going to be attending, you're still welcome to participate, but arrangements will have to be made to get the toy there. The current plan is to put these into the charity auction itself, rather than eBaying the set like in previous years.

If you're interested in participating, shoot me a PM or post in the thread with what character you'd like to do/what mold idea you have.

Sent you a PM. Looking at taking on Thrust

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Well I was up to 2:00 last night working on Vehicon Thrust for the Charity Event.

Seeing how we are updating them to FOC era I figured I would change Gen Thrust a little, to a kind of a trike hybrid.

Sideswipe stance is so different and as cool looking as Vehicon Thrusts first was , I had thought about using Arcee but a little to Easy.

Anyway heres a sneek peek of what I done up to now. Let me know what you think ?

Cheers

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #7
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!

Wow. This is definitely REALLY original. Would never have thought of this in 1000 years!

I kinda want to see how this turns out, conceptually. I imagine he might be a little large, but if Beast Machines as a toyline is known for anything other than inaccurate toys it's completely all over the place scale.

Will check with the others but I want to see how this turns out - really brilliant concept. A cool reimagining indeed.

Last edited by General Tekno; 02-02-2013 at 05:12 PM.
General Tekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

That is just brilliant! Such a great concept should never be held back by scale, IMO. Go for it!

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
chans formers
raff ow roud

@rodimusprime1,that's both brilliant and bad @$$!!

looks very promising!!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #10
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beast machines, charity, custom, tfcon, vehicons