Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 08-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
joshimus
Metroplex
WIP DOTM Deluxe Laserbeak

I've started working on painting him last night and have been trying to decide the best colour apps to go with. He's mostly dark so a black LB with some red and touch of silver seemed "meh" to me. Originally I painted his jets silver but tonight I quickly did a drybrush of black. It looks messy but it makes me prefer that part being dark, so kind of a test trial. His wings I originally painted black and drybrushed red but his wings were pretty dark so I decided to comprimise and eventually repaint his wings a heavy dark red instead. Black but just enough of a touch of red to it. Well try to anyway.

So some of the mods I did was his thighs as you may notice I shaved off parts as well as unscrewed the thighs and rotated the legs for more birdlike posture. I also took off the copter cockpit (simple single screw) so that in bird mode he has less a gut. I also did that because of all the alt modes Laserbeak takes, none happens to be this toy mode...so screw it. Like Ravage, it's the beast we care about anyway.
I used Highbrows machine guns for Laserbeak because the ones he comes with are too overkill and his in the movie were sleek and compact for perfect killing.
I also revered the jaw to make his tusk things point up.

All in all, going well but he's pretty much my first DOTM custom. I did nearly every character since movie 1 but I just dont dig the new toys enough to repaint and mod them. Just wanted Laserbeak done to go with Ravage and Frenzy.

So yeah, not finished and probably wont have time till later this week but here is the wip.
Before painting:

Original version with red wings:

latest:

Last edited by joshimus; 08-09-2011 at 12:04 AM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote