Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-13-2016, 07:11 AM   #1
Xtreme987
Metroplex
Titans Return price hike ?

Just a question if you think there will be another price hike once Titans Return line starts up ?

While I don't see myself getting too many figures from the line anyway, I certainly hope not. There already expensive enough.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:58 AM   #2
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions
Re: Titans Return price hike ?

I can see deluxes going to $19.99 but I'm guessing voyagers will stay at $29.99.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:08 AM   #3
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

last time I checked the only one that has to raise prices was TRU wall mart has the deluxe at 19.92 and Voyagers at 34.92 so I would say that everything is going to be going up again as Star wars black series went up same with Marvel Legends and those are both Hasbro lines so I would say that they will jack them up sooner AND later lol
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
protoform_ironhide
Commander

The more they jack up, the less I pick up, as simple as that.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:10 PM   #5
justprime
Animated

Between the poor qc issues,plastic quality, avalibility and price hike there moving a great toy line into mediocre. ..slowly killing it off and feeding third party intrests....way to go hasbean
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:26 PM   #6
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

They're higher on the preview cards in USD. The dollar was better when the CW deluxe prices were set as well. I would anticipate a price increase, but they're also supposed to be bigger than current deluxes.

CW was, according to their investor panel, a big grower for the collector market. So arguing they are 'slowly killing it off' when the collector market is expanding is an interesting turn of phrase.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #7
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

good news for Canadian collectors is that the dollar is higher than its been in 6 months, its over 78 cents now and is expected to rise with an unexpected assist from putin stepping in and getting the middle east to cut oil production in half which raised the price of oil and our dollar with it so i dont expect a significant price increase since our dollar is on the rise.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:36 PM   #8
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Hoping they don't go up again, of course, but wouldn't be surprised at all if they did. Just because our dollar is showing some signs of recovery, that doesn't mean they will freeze the price nor would they consider a price reduction. When you gauge how the masses will react, sure, at first there's some hesitance. But eventually everyone's clench on their wallets and purses relax a little bit when the news is not so new anymore and becomes the normal expectation; at this point, the new standard of living/spending has settled in. Over time it becomes less about "how much is this" and more about "how much is this worth in comparison to this". The ratio remains roughly the same when comparing one item's value to another; and if the buyer's own income scales up competitively to keep up with the pace of inflation, that same ratio is still being maintained.

Just because you got a raise and make more now then you did, say, a decade ago, that doesn't necessarily mean you're ahead in wealth if you're still spending your money on comparatively the same shit as before.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:44 PM   #9
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I swear I read a report from BotCon reporting that TR toys remained the same (USD) pricepoint as CW.

Either/or. Remains to be seen. TRU sales anyway. ^^

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote