Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
Oasis
Panel Queen
Send a message via Skype™ to Oasis
So where do you meet TF fans?

I have recently been made single.

At this time I'm not particularly inclined to start dating again, but when I thought about it I knew that for me looking for a fellow TF fan it's a buyer's market (I'm a girl and I'm cute), but it also raised the question of where do TF fans search for their prospective significant others? Have you ever picked someone up at a Con? A forum? Some kind of online dating service?
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Re: So where do you meet TF fans?

I could probably get you like 50 dates at TransformersCon.

I personally know a couple of TransFans that just got married from meeting through TFW2005 and BotCon.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:49 AM   #3
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

The topic name and the actual question are 2 different things :P

I can find TF fans by just looking at people or striking up conversations at department stores, at my comic book shop, or on the forums. Finding someone to date with TF interests.....I can't say I know the answer to that one but I suppose its much harder finding a female interested in transformers.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

This thread is useless without pics!

Just kidding, I have no idea

Maybe on Sept 21st at an IMAX near you
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:58 AM   #5
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

If you find out let me know, I wouldn't mind dating someone who if not shares my interest then at least understands and tolerates it.

Sometimes it can become a lonely existence for we who are so focused and determined to enjoy our hobbies and life in general that we have difficulty in maintaining the happiness levels... Then again, it's also difficult to break away from our small seemingly insignificant lives in order to build a more meaningful one with a significant other. And do please ignore me if I come off as overly critical or something, I tend to ramble on at times when I really should just keep my mouth shut.

But I do believe it is distinctly possible, there's tons of Transfans out there who've had good marriage stories and are raising little transfans even now.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:32 AM   #6
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
I have recently been made single.

At this time I'm not particularly inclined to start dating again, but when I thought about it I knew that for me looking for a fellow TF fan it's a buyer's market (I'm a girl and I'm cute), but it also raised the question of where do TF fans search for their prospective significant others? Have you ever picked someone up at a Con? A forum? Some kind of online dating service?
Too bad you live in the staes. or is that a good thing...? Any Targets around you? LOL j/k
Royal Oak..that sounds familiar...

AH! HOME OF BRUCE CAMPBELL AND SAM RAIMI!!
Nyghtwynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #7
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Well, you could try and meet people at conventions. However, meeting someone at a convention isn't really all that different from meeting them somewhere else, and although there's a much greater chance they'll share interests with you, there's also a much greater chance they live far away, which could complicate things. You could "meet" someone on the boards or the web or facebook and then communicate with them for a while, but again, distance may place a factor, and its not as good as a face-to-face meeting IMO. However, you could also find out if there are clubs or groups (either for transformers, or for wider interests, such as anime, toy collecting, etc) in your local area. Try your local college as well. I also recommend striking up conversations at comic shops, and when you're on "the hunt" for toys (sidenote: imagine telling your kids you met their dad fighting over a transformer at Toys R Us), and you might meet someone you like that way.

Do they also have to be a transformers fan? Because I think that limits your search significantly. Get introduced to the friends of your friends, go out to social events, hell, just talk to the guy next to you in line at the store or on the elevator. There's a lot of great guys out there, I'm sure you'll find one.

Anyway, that's my piece.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #8
MangaSpawn64
Generation 2

Move to Quebec city, I'll take the bed space in between you and my gf

Seriously, where are teh pics
MangaSpawn64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #9
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

Personally, I would probably not choose to be with a Transformer fan, I would like whomever I'm with to have a generally different set of interests.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:02 PM   #10
Oasis
Panel Queen
Send a message via Skype™ to Oasis

Thats...a pretty wide spectrum of opinion.

Like I said, I'm not really interested in dating at this point in time. I just wondered. For the other comments: I've been to TF Con twice and the hot ones had girlfriends already, sorry about the title confusion, link to a pic: http://photo.theparkside.net/display...lbum=22&pos=15, I'll let you know how I meet them, yes, there is a Target nearby but it SUCKS, no I'm not interested in only TF fans, my French is terrible and I'd hate to insult your GF, here's another pic: http://photo.theparkside.net/display...lbum=124&pos=7, and yeah, I did date someone with different interests and that was the reason he broke up with me.

So thanks for the input.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote