Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-31-2008, 02:36 AM   #1
skyrink
Generation 1
Botcon: Iacon Package (Shattered Glass Convention Set)

As botcon draws closer and closer the hype gets higher and higher. I unfortunately was hoping to attend this year's but I doubt I would be able to make it as I think finding, securing, and saving up from a job for my next school year should be a bigger priority.

SO, I was thinking...(if it isn't too much to ask), is there anyone here actually going to botcon and going to go to Transformerscon as well? and also wouldn't mind picking up an Iacon Package which consists of the Shattered Glass Convention set of figures for me
(It would also work to get the Primus Package for someone who is going but doesnt want the set...than he/she could be getting free entrance and stuff)

I could put in a deposit on it or even pay in full for it and we can just do the exchange at Transformerscon in June. I also wouldnt mind adding something extra to cover for the trouble.

Would this be a large operation if there are others who want the set (but cannot go and do not want to pay for the hefty shipping charges to Canada) and could possibly find a go-to-guy who is going to Botcon to buy them for us and distribute it when he/she gets back or going to Transformerscon?

(similar operation to the WST Dinobots Group Buy)

lmk if anything can be done, thanks.
skyrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:13 AM   #2
JLvatron
Chosen 1
Re: Botcon: Iacon Package (Shattered Glass Convention Set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrink View Post
and also wouldn't mind picking up an Iacon Package
Actually, by definition the Iacon Package toys are shipped to you by BotCon.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:53 AM   #3
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Actually, by definition the Iacon Package toys are shipped to you by BotCon.
What he said. I got an Iacon last year and the shipping wasn't that bad. Are you referring to the loose set?

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:13 AM   #4
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

The BOTCON '08 registration form is up so you can order the Iacon set yourselves Shipping is $25US. If you are a TCC member you can order an extra loose set as well. However, the fax line is really busy last evening so have fun

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
skyrink
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
What he said. I got an Iacon last year and the shipping wasn't that bad. Are you referring to the loose set?
I would actually prefer the boxed set. and oh yea i forgot about the Iacon only being for non-attendees...b/c its such an expensive item, i worry about the shipping dangers.

like if someone were going and didnt want the box set, they could get the primus package and sell the boxed set to me for full price and they get to have all the goodies that come with it...or whoever is going and did order the boxed set, i think ur allowed to order as many boxed sets as u like. both would work for me.
skyrink is offline   Reply With Quote