Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #21
hugh_da_man
Armada
Re: How good is Ages 3 and Up to order from?

sorry to bump an old thread but...

How does AgesThreeAndUp handle pre-order shipping? I want to order 3 pre-orders so do they wait till everything is instock to ship out or do they ship them out one at a time.

If the latter, do you end up spending $8.99 s&h per item so $8.99 x 3?
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:55 AM   #22
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Shipping is flat rate. That means that every time you ship something it is $8.99 within Canada. If you have one item shipped or 10 items shipped at one time, it is always $8.99. If you want us to hold items until you have enough that you feel like shipping it you can order preorders that way. Several items on one order will wait until all are in stock to ship. If you decide you want something early then you will be billed an extra $8.99 for each time you deliver something.

Hope that helps in explaining.

Spencer.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
agesthreeandup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:36 AM   #23
hugh_da_man
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
Shipping is flat rate. That means that every time you ship something it is $8.99 within Canada. If you have one item shipped or 10 items shipped at one time, it is always $8.99. If you want us to hold items until you have enough that you feel like shipping it you can order preorders that way. Several items on one order will wait until all are in stock to ship. If you decide you want something early then you will be billed an extra $8.99 for each time you deliver something.

Hope that helps in explaining.

Spencer.
Cool, thanks Spencer. I looked for faq on your site but all I found was shipping info.

Expect an order from me soon!
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:59 PM   #24
killer_tofu
Generation 1

Hands down the best online site I've ordered from since I started collecting Transformers.

I've tried KoolToyz and BigBadToyStore, both of which were excellent in their own regards, but A3U gave me the best customer service to date (not saying the two I mentioned above provided poor service; in fact, they were terrific as well). A3U was just a step above the rest.

Often,email responses were straight from Spencer (kinda like emailing Microsoft with a tech question and having good ol' Bill send you a response.. hehe). Turnaround times were fast and they've always given me the answer I was looking for... if there were delays, I knew about them... if they accidentally messed up something I knew about it (and they outline exactly what they were going to do to fix it). I don't mind online stores having supply issues, damaged stock, or just plain forgot my box in the corner... A3U's always been honest with me about that and took steps right away to remedy the situation.

Spencer was always accommodating and had no problems combining my orders to help me save on shipping if they arrived around the same time.

A3U's prices also tended to be lower or equal to other Canadian online sites. I'm value-oriented (i.e. cheap), so if both stores provided excellent service, I'd still choose the one with lower prices.

Their online system has been revamped and so far looks very good. The interface is a lot cleaner, we still have the option of paying via PayPal, and pre-ordering is a cinch.

So far, all Transformers I've received from A3U arrived in excellent (mint/near-mint) condition, and were properly boxed and protected. Boxes were filled with those little pink Styrofoam bubbles which were easy on the toys. Much better than lining the box with newspapers or other abrasive paper materials. Shipment packaging counts big for me, seeing as the delivery pretty much determines what condition the toy arrives in. The Styrofoam bubbles work very well.... almost as well as BigBadToyStore's big plastic bubble bags used to line the interior of the box.

Great service, low prices, excellent shipment packaging, fast response times, easy-to-use website with intuitive interface.... sounds like a winner to me. And so far based on my experience, A3U is the place to go for Canadian shoppers.

killer_tofu
killer_tofu is offline   Reply With Quote