Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #621
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it was something I noticed when adding to my collection.

When I used the "Mass Have" button, and was adding Wonder Woman from the DC Universe catalog, it automatically added the accessories that are "owned" by the variant figure. I had to go back and manually remove these to make it correct. Is this just the nature of the beast where variant figures are concerned?

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #622
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it was something I noticed when adding to my collection.

When I used the "Mass Have" button, and was adding Wonder Woman from the DC Universe catalog, it automatically added the accessories that are "owned" by the variant figure. I had to go back and manually remove these to make it correct. Is this just the nature of the beast where variant figures are concerned?
This is because DC was weird when they released the 2 versions of Wonder Woman. The 2 Wonder Womans are both packaged as "Wave 4, Figure 1", which means that DC considers them to be variants of the same product. However, in my opinion, they're different products because the products have different names ("Wonder Woman" vs "Artemis"), and contain different items.

All of the non-variant items in the ShelfLife Wonder Woman product are treated as always being packaged in the product. So the Mass Have feature doesn't know that the Axe and Shield were packaged with the Wonder Woman item, but not with the Artemis item.

I recommend moving the Artemis, Bow, and Arrow Belt items out of Wonder Woman, and into a new product named Artemis.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #623
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post
This is because DC was weird when they released the 2 versions of Wonder Woman. The 2 Wonder Womans are both packaged as "Wave 4, Figure 1", which means that DC considers them to be variants of the same product. However, in my opinion, they're different products because the products have different names ("Wonder Woman" vs "Artemis"), and contain different items.

All of the non-variant items in the ShelfLife Wonder Woman product are treated as always being packaged in the product. So the Mass Have feature doesn't know that the Axe and Shield were packaged with the Wonder Woman item, but not with the Artemis item.

I recommend moving the Artemis, Bow, and Arrow Belt items out of Wonder Woman, and into a new product named Artemis.
Agreed. Separate products for sure. Variants are reserved for same name, same package scenarios.
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #624
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

On it boss man. I didn't check this one out, but I can see the same problem with the Cyborg variants. In this case though, they are the same character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #625
Slayback
Animated

question - i've submitted my catalogue for approval. Just wondering if its good to go? or if i should be doing something more (aside from adding mine own comments)

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #626
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
question - i've submitted my catalogue for approval. Just wondering if its good to go? or if i should be doing something more (aside from adding mine own comments)
Great work, Slayback! TF UK 1991's been approved! The descriptions you added are fantastic.

What would you like to curate next?
Old 01-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #627
Slayback
Animated

lol -whats left?

oh also -was wondering Brr-icy if you could or would add some of the parts to the Landcross set in your Takara Victory Section. I have photos of weapons feet hands head etc

Last edited by Slayback; 01-02-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #628
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Here's something I've noticed while inputting my collection, I made note some time back that there is a variant for G1 Slag; that being the "Canadian" Slag that has a red face, hands, and missile launcher, and white legs.
I reported it to the site and now Slag is completely gone from the G1 catalogue all together!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #629
Slayback
Animated

If you type it in -he's there. And i added the Cdn red face variant -sadly sans weapons.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #630
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
lol -whats left?

oh also -was wondering Brr-icy if you could or would add some of the parts to the Landcross set in your Takara Victory Section. I have photos of weapons feet hands head etc
They are posted in the separate figures, but I can add them into the giftset this week

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collecting, shelflife