Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-07-2017, 04:40 PM   #1
zackmak
Robot Master
No Transformers (part 1) live-action movie playing at TFcon this year??!!

Just saw the tentative event schedule, and I'm surprised to see that there will be no showing of the first live-action Transformers movie. I thought it was a no-brainer, seeing that it's the 10yr anniversary of it, that the newest live-action film is currently in theatres, and there's a lot of buzz with the new movie-line toys.

The 1986 animated movie is playing, which I love, but it seems to play every year. Last year (I believe) it was with Flint Dille's commentary. It was awesome! This year, based on the schedule, it's just the regular screening.

Sure, play this iconic 1986 movie every year....but just saying it would have made sense to have the live-action version, too (or, as a one-time substitute this year). Tons of people love it!

Any chance of it being added to the weekend schedule, last minute?
zackmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
Stormrave
Machine War
Re: No Transformers (part 1) live-action movie playing at TFcon this year??!!

The 86 animated movie does play every year.

Lately they've been also showing something else. This year it's Beast Wars: The Agenda.

In past years it's been the Rock Lords Gobot movie, or I think one year they played Transformers (2007).

Right now, there isn't staff (and maybe, with this year's expanded dealers area, there might not be space this year, either) to run a dedicated video room. That means that showing movies has to be done at a time when Hazel McCallion isn't being used for something else, and at a time when there's staff around to use the equipment, supervise etc.

It's a nice idea for the 10th anniversary and I'm not con staff, but my bet is that The Agenda was chosen to be the second video option this year in the available time/space/staff.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:13 PM   #3
optimusb39
Animated

maybe with the quality of the live action movies as of late they didnt want to have a mass exodus from the convention.... just saying.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #4
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Everyone is entitled to their opinion when it comes to the live action movies - however, in my research most fans that attend TFcon still prefer G1 over the recent movie franchise. And being the largest fan-run con in the world I think TFcon does it's best to deliver to the fans what they want.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:53 AM   #5
zackmak
Robot Master

I agree that G1 takes top billing at the convention. I prefer that too. I think a lot have warmed up to the movie though (at least the first one), being that it was actually good, and the only DECENT representation of their toys on screen as 'live action'.

Plus, the younger generation who didn't grow up with G1 is super strong at these conventions, with many of them only really knowing the live action movies. So I think it's only a matter of time before a live-action movie screening is a staple at these conventions, in my opinion.

Either way, looking forward to it!
Old 07-08-2017, 12:11 PM   #6
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Better this way.

Don't want to give hasbro or Michael Bay the wrong idea.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:28 PM   #7
zackmak
Robot Master

The first movie was really good. And in comparison to the next 4 sequels, it was amazing!