Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: How was the episode?
Excellent! 28 82.35%
Good 3 8.82%
Passable 1 2.94%
Terrible! 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #21
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master
Re: Transformers Animated Episode 19 Official Discussion

This was the best episode ever. It felt like a real cartoon like BW. And the train scene was surprisingly well done. I loved the many dooms of Starscream, he's so funny yet competant and powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal
Huh?
He makes no sense, just ignore him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan
the AllSpark fragment thing is cheap and nonsensical
Hardly. It's the plot, dude, they have to have some reason to keep the show going. This allows for fun episodes and the ability to introduce new characters if needed.

Quote:
and you'd think Megatron and the boys would figure out that for some reason Starscream keeps coming back so they ought to dismantle him or something. Starscream's probably the best character in the series.
It's called comedy, it used to be one of the main draws of cartoons.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #22
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Hardly. It's the plot, dude, they have to have some reason to keep the show going. This allows for fun episodes and the ability to introduce new characters if needed.

It's called comedy, it used to be one of the main draws of cartoons.
First of all, I was referring to the fact that the fragment can make Starscream immortal. Second of all, just because something is central to the plot doesn't mean it's good. As for comedy, you can have that without sacrificing believability. Like that line with Starscream "I'm sorry, you must have me confused with another carrier jet". That was funny. "Gags" on the other hand, are usually not funny.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #23
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Yeah, I was going to ask the same thing.

I can understand not liking the series...but at this point why even watch it anymore.
I can hardly understand why someone would take the time to watch an entire series just for the sake of giving it the worst rating episode after episode. Why would I bother watching a show I don't like EVERY WEEK?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #24
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

I think Chisau is a closet fan, want me to change his post so I make him profess his hidden love for the show? :P

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #25
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
First of all, I was referring to the fact that the fragment can make Starscream immortal. Second of all, just because something is central to the plot doesn't mean it's good.
It's a cartoon plot man, and I, and many others, think it's a good one. The Allspark keeping Starscream alive serves many purposes, including a way to kill him off in a heartbeat if they choose. it's also homage to G1/BW Starscream's "immortal spark" only this time it's not his spark, but an Allspark peice.
Quote:
As for comedy, you can have that without sacrificing believability. Like that line with Starscream "I'm sorry, you must have me confused with another carrier jet". That was funny.
It was supposed to be a funny joke, and like I said, it's a cartoon. It's allowed to sacrifice beleivability in order to have funny bits. I doubt Wile E. Coyote, if in real life, could survive falling off a 100+ foot drop and walk away making accordian sounds. Same with how Sam never thought to just detain or kill Wile E. and save himself the trouble of dealing with his sheep-napping over and over again. It's a cartoon, you're taking it far too seriously.
Quote:
"Gags" on the other hand, are usually not funny.
Well this one was, and a lot of people think that. Again, I'm not saying that all people think it was funny, but most people who've mentioned it have.

People need to lighten up and learn to laugh. It's a KID's cartoon, so who cares if it doesn't make sense all the time? Where's it written in stone it has to be?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #26
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
I think Chisau is a closet fan, want me to change his post so I make him profess his hidden love for the show? :P
He knows he loves it, but he needs to keep it a secret to the point where he can safely profess his undying love. (I'm joking, BTW, not trying to start nothin' just having fun) I don't think changing his post would solve much, though. Except make a lot of people angry.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #27
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

The :P = I'm kidding

I only edit inappropriate posts. He said nothing wrong.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #28
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
It's a cartoon plot man, and I, and many others, think it's a good one. The Allspark keeping Starscream alive serves many purposes, including a way to kill him off in a heartbeat if they choose. it's also homage to G1/BW Starscream's "immortal spark" only this time it's not his spark, but an Allspark peice.It was supposed to be a funny joke, and like I said, it's a cartoon. It's allowed to sacrifice beleivability in order to have funny bits. I doubt Wile E. Coyote, if in real life, could survive falling off a 100+ foot drop and walk away making accordian sounds. Same with how Sam never thought to just detain or kill Wile E. and save himself the trouble of dealing with his sheep-napping over and over again. It's a cartoon, you're taking it far too seriously.Well this one was, and a lot of people think that. Again, I'm not saying that all people think it was funny, but most people who've mentioned it have.

People need to lighten up and learn to laugh. It's a KID's cartoon, so who cares if it doesn't make sense all the time? Where's it written in stone it has to be?
You're right, it's a cartoon for 7-12 year olds. I like it overall. But I don't like everything about it, so I'm not going to say every episode is good or excellent if I don't think it is. I rated the episode passable. I found some of the other episodes a lot better. To me, the embedded AllSpark fragment keeping Starscream alive is silly. If you're trying to tell a story, breaking away for Looney Tunes style jokes doesn't really work, imo. I'm not taking it "too seriously", I don't take cartoons for 13-17 year olds "too seriously" either. I don't think the Justice League really exists. I prefer cartoons to make a certain amount of sense, within their own context.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #29
chisau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I can hardly understand why someone would take the time to watch an entire series just for the sake of giving it the worst rating episode after episode. Why would I bother watching a show I don't like EVERY WEEK?
Because every week i hope it gets better! And of course, it is the only "transformer fix" out there right now. I don't like transformers animated, but i still love transformers. I also dislike (transformers victory, Energon, and half of Cybertron)

You know the part of the show when star scream gets tossed over the edge of the canyon over and over again like the "roadrunner and coyote" show. They repeat the same frames over and over again. it's a technique used in low budget films to save money. therefore, my post of "low budget production".

Last edited by chisau; 04-29-2008 at 01:40 PM.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #30
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisau View Post
Because every week i hope it gets better! And of course, it is the only "transformer fix" out there right now. I don't like transformers animated, but i still love transformers. I also dislike (transformers victory, Energon, and half of Cybertron)

You know the part of the show when star scream gets tossed over the edge of the canyon over and over again like the "roadrunner and coyote" show. They repeat the same frames over and over again. it's a technique used in low budget films to save money. therefore, my post of "low budget production".

Yes, reusing the frame saves money, but it is no different than the Transformations/superlink sequances of Energon and Cybertron, plus this was less annoying as it was a little funny (IMHO).
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote