Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #21
Stapler
Nexus Maximus
Re: Suggest a TFcon third party Transformer exclusive thread.

How about something to take advantage of the hype for the trailer coming out for RTS laser Prime? People will want a villain to display him with.

Canadian Tire is stocking up on the Classics 2-packs, so why not a set to make Megatron look much more like his G2 self? A hand for his right arm and a small rig of some kind to attach his turret/claw onto his shoulder.

You could even throw in an extra sticker set to make the upcoming deluxe-sized movie trailer to make it look like the G2 repaint of the G1 Prime mold for people to use with the 2-pack Optimus if they don't have the RTS toy.

A set like this shouldn't be too costly and people shouldn't have much trouble getting the base figures for it.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).

Last edited by Stapler; 11-09-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #22
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapler View Post
How about something to take advantage of the hype for the trailer coming out for RTS laser Prime?

Canadian Tire is stocking up on the Classics 2-packs, so why not a set to make Megatron look much more like his G2 self? A hand for his right arm and a small rig of some kind to attach his turret/claw onto his shoulder.

You could even throw in and extra sticker set to make the upcoming deluxe-sized movie trailer to make it look like the G2 repaint of the G1 Prime mold for people to use with the 2-pack Optimus if they don't have the RTS toy.

A set like this shouldn't be too costly and people shouldn't have much trouble getting the base figures for it.
Oooh...I like this idea!!!

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Old 11-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #23
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Oooh...I like this idea!!!
It would be pretty easy to do, too. Looking at my 2-pack Megs, the claw/gun just unpegs from the arm, leaving a nice peg for an attachment. A hand would work, but a chain-gun accessory would be a nice touch, too, so the spin gimmick wouldn't go to waste.

All you would need to attach the turret/claw section to his shoulder would be a flat piece that could peg into the slots behind his head, with a specially shaped peg for the gun/glaw to plug onto.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:26 AM   #24
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapler View Post
It would be pretty easy to do, too. Looking at my 2-pack Megs, the claw/gun just unpegs from the arm, leaving a nice peg for an attachment. A hand would work, but a chain-gun accessory would be a nice touch, too, so the spin gimmick wouldn't go to waste.

All you would need to attach the turret/claw section to his shoulder would be a flat piece that could peg into the slots behind his head, with a specially shaped peg for the gun/glaw to plug onto.
How about including his G1 sword too? That way you can stick the hand on the peg, stick the sword in his hand, and then he'll have a spinning sword attack.

I've already made my suggestion in the latest TFcon update news thread. Canadian Sixshot/Hexatron recolor.

But I think doing the 3 FansProject Not-Insecticons repainted in their Diaclone/eHobby colors would be great. I can even see some people buying multiples of them to troop build since they are supposed to be the Insecticons clones. But knowing TFcons history with Fansproject, I'd say it's very unlikely such a set would be a TFcon exclusive.

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 11-10-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #25
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
How about including his G1 sword too? That way you can stick the hand on the peg, stick the sword in his hand, and then he'll a spinning sword attack.
That's a great idea!

Old 11-10-2011, 02:38 AM   #26
CyberMnky
Animated

Perfect Effect 'Biker Chick' With a Ninja repaint as the rider.
A nice black and silver colour scheme to go with the Scout Force from this year.
And If Head Robots comes out with something nice I wouldn't complain either.

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

Old 11-10-2011, 05:11 AM   #27
Rogue_Optimus
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
Red and white "Canadian" tfc hercules
They do that, they'll definately separate the casual collectors to the hardcore. Although I think i had a minor heart attack just thinking about the price of that guy if they went that route.

Would love to see a FP exclusive but based on what happened to the last one, it'll be doubtful.

Maybe do a recolor of that Not-huffer or Not-Seaspray that's coming out later this yr.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #28
Scaleface
Beast Machine

While TFcon has a seperate customizing class, I wonder if the exclusive should require customizing beyond stickers?

Also, it's probably easier to get a to get a third party company to make an exclusive recolor than to make them make whole new parts like an arm.

I'd focus suggestions on recolored existing third party toys, not customizing Hasbro stuff. Leave the customizing to the Customizing class (which maybe should have it's own thread for suggestions?)
Old 11-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #29
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
But I think doing the 3 FansProject Not-Insecticons repainted in their Diaclone/eHobby colors would be great. I can even see some people buying multiples of them to troop build since they are supposed to be the Insecticons clones. But knowing TFcons history with Fansproject, I'd say it's very unlikely such a set would be a TFcon exclusive.
I like 5th that, the idea about the Diaclone Coloured FP Insecticons. I'll need to put a grand aside. Cause papa needs to Fill up the decepticon ranks.

Secondly, what the story behind TFcon and FP. I can only find something online about outrage of a limited run of a Diaclone coloured Power Commander. Which doesn't seem like that big of an issue.

3rdly, If we want to even see a FP exclusive at TFcon like the Ehobby/Diaclone Insecticons. We need to petition both those that run the convention and kindly make FP aware of our intrest in this colour scheme. Best case we see world wide release with a repaint. Good case we get the Exclusive. Worest case, nothing at all.

If anyone agrees with me, please do not hesitate, contact FansProject now. If you know someone that works with the people for TFcon let them hear our voice.

Or if i'm just crazy with ambition, then what ever.

Last edited by Gaetznes; 11-10-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #30
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaetz View Post

Secondly, what the story behind TFcon and FP. I can only find something online about outrage of a limited run of a Diaclone coloured Power Commander. Which doesn't seem like that big of an issue.
imho,it really wasn't too big of an issue,more of a "scalpers couldn't scalp and took a big hit", and "nerd rage" that went so far as some tools trying to actually complain to hasbro over it.
it was honestly blown waaaaaay out of proportion by the internet.
nobody even put any thought into the thankless work that went on behind closed doors to help us get the whole f/p armor deal in the first place.
more of a "oh my god,i bought 10 sets hoping to make millions",but wait a sec,f/p's selling a version of it too???there goes my plans for bilking the masses and making millions"
regardless of what some will say or argue,the tfcon armor exclusive was and "is" still an exclusive.

rant over....back on track...
what about some kind of repainted igear "gears of war" weapons upgrade set?there's tons of classics bots that are going into war unarmed

side missile pods for classics ravage
a rifle for hound
a rifle for prowl
a bigger blackgun for tracks
shoulder launchers for wheeljack
a rpg/cannon for cliffjumper
a hoverskiff/repairbay pad for ratchet
more true to t.v. accuracy arm guns for all 6 decepticon seekers
white head/shoulder wings for inferno

the list is unending,and the best part is it could be made affordable by splitting up the whole lot as sets.

set 1 or A could contain weapons for so and so.
set 2 or B could contain the arm guns for all 6 seekers.....etc

Tags
tfcon 2012