Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #11
payton34
Generation 2
Re: Overall Exerperience at TFCON...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. From the way things have reportedly been going for the last few years, Botcon may still be the "officially sponsored" convention, but TFCon is quickly becoming the more fan-friendly of the two.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #12
Iacon
Noted Gadabout
Iacon's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by payton34 View Post
Sounds like you guys had a great time. From the way things have reportedly been going for the last few years, Botcon may still be the "officially sponsored" convention, but TFCon is quickly becoming the more fan-friendly of the two.
It's definitely friendlier to my wallet. Sometime around the mid-oughties, Botcon prices crossed the line from exorbitant to just plain insulting.

Plus I never forgave them for using CLA Thundercracker as an exclusive. Until Hasbro releases a Generations 'Cracker to make things right, Botcon ain't getting none of my money.
Iacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #13
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by payton34 View Post
It helps that I live 30 minutes away from TFcon...
Old 07-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #14
Brrjit
Turbo revvin' young punk.

Another TFcon newbie here. It was my first year going and honestly, it couldn't have been better.

The panels were interesting, the attendees/dealers were RIDICULOUSLY sweet and kind to me, and meeting David Kaye and Derrick Wyatt was definitely the highlight of my summer so far. Both of them were so nice. Kaye even said that I looked gorgeous. What a sweet thing to say to a nervous fan!
Wyatt is such a cute little dork. He was so humble and enthusiastic to be meeting fans and signing autographs. I was almost tempted to buy one of his sketches of Bumblebee making a squishy face because his good spirit was rubbing off on me.

The Dealer's Room was pretty cool. Some of the prices were just insane ($70 for TFA Leader Megatron? $50 for TFA Arcee? No thank you!) but I ended up getting all the figures I wanted and more. Again, all the dealers were super nice and friendly to me.

Thanks to EVERYONE (guests, attendees, dealers, and of course the staff) for making TFcon such an amazing time for me. I was smiling the entire weekend!

..::"Secrets are the foundation of power"::..
Brrjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:23 PM   #15
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

This was my first time, Saturday only, and I loved it. I didn't really meet up with anyone from the boards (I'm not super social), but everyone I casually chatted with was extremely friendly. The Dealer Room was pretty nice, though I was kinda surprised by what was there, or more specifically, what wasn't there. I figured there would be tables full of Human Alliance figures (saw only 4, and wasn't paying $50 for Skids), Animated Arcees (saw none, just a lone Cybertron Ratchet at $25) and Recon Ravages (again only one). It wasn't what I had expected, but I was still happy with it, ($270 worth of happy, to be exact).

Took in the Hasbro panel, checked out the customs table and sat in a comfy hotel chair to rest my aching back from lugging around a huge ass IKEA bag full of goodies. Overall, a great time, and I'm already excited for nexy year!
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #16
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I really only had time to go to the Dealer Room for a couple hours on Saturday, and had a good time. Spent about $75 but had to pass on a couple real temptations (near complete G2 Laser Prime for $45 ) to stay under budget but I did. Most of the dealers were nice, one unpleasant exchange but meh.

Didn't meet anyone but didn't try due to time constraints.

Didn't get to attend any panels, would have liked to go to some - maybe next year.

Saw the customs tables - niiiiice, especially that giant Omega Supreme! I'm kinda hung up on wanting customs to still transform, but I was awed by the skill it took to create some of those.

Walked by Mark Ryan's table while he talked about Dim Sum with someone - loved how his voice reminded me of ROTF Jetfire without him even doing the voice.

Saw the following costumes:

- A cardboard Jazz
- A girl dressed as Sari (I think?)
- A completely accurate Cobra Commander (almost ran into him)
- A guy in a costume with an eye patch (someone from GI Joe? I can't recall)
- Someone in a cardboard costume that was literally cardboard, but I think they could transform? Didn't see it transform though.

The table I couldn't get close to (too crowded) but wished I could have was Hasbro's. I sooooo wanted to buy WFC Prime, Generations Drift, PCC Combaticons, and most of all Leader ROTF Starscream right then and there (I know, they weren't selling anything). Can't WAIT for those figs to come out here!

It was fun - I might try to do it better next year (get there earlier Sat, see some panels, meet some of y'alls).
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #17
Dispensor
Generation 1

So how was the Hasbro panel?!
Dispensor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #18
n10zguy
Da Hawt Gay Geek!

Overall I had a great time. Being my second TFcon I knew a little bit more about what to expect. I was a little disappointed at the parts party Friday night. There were only about half the number of people there as last year and the dealer room where it seemed like price gouging was WAY more prominent than last year on current stuff ($50 for a PCC 5-pack and $175-$200 for a MP Ghost SS? really? crooks!). But the experience of seeing familiar faces from Botcon and getting to know new ones made this event for me more than anything.

And of course my most favorite thing of all.... breaking the gender barrier at the live script reading and landing the role of Blackarachnia!!! SO much fun!

Plus as a bonus, I got a last minute entry into the customs class and got to work with Dak whom I have admired for a very long time. The figure we made was HOT and I LOVE IT! This event has officially become a new tradition for me. I look forward to next year!
n10zguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #19
jrmyolvr
Twitter: @jrmyolvr
jrmyolvr's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to jrmyolvr Send a message via Yahoo to jrmyolvr

My Overall TFCon experience...

In a nutshell, GREAT!

It was my 1st TFCon,

the staff there was great! I volunteered on Saturday and it was loads of fun. (I was suppose to be there Sunday as well but couldn't make it due to unexpected family emergency).

All the dealers I spoke to were friendly and fairly knowledgeable (although I do agree some stuff was way overpriced). I was looking for a Botcon Exclusive Onyx Primal for my collection but not one to be found, and a Pepsi Optimus Prime (found one but was not complete so I decided to pass).

The guests I had a chance to meet were all friendly too, David Kaye was GREAT! (I was a huge Beast Wars fan and to meet the voice of Megatron and get his autograph was amazing - definately highlight of my day!)

I even had a chance to meet a few people from this board and they were all real friendly!

In conclusion I will definately be back next year!

For anyone who didnt see the guy dressed as a transforming box you can see him as he transforms from a robot to a box and back here >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvYGYA6sIug
Old 07-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #20
Brrjit
Turbo revvin' young punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n10zguy View Post
And of course my most favorite thing of all.... breaking the gender barrier at the live script reading and landing the role of Blackarachnia!!! SO much fun!
LOL! That was you!? It was kind of disturbing how well you did her voice You sounded great!

..::"Secrets are the foundation of power"::..
Brrjit is offline   Reply With Quote