Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-02-2019, 11:15 AM   #41
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt
Re: Initial thoughts on MP BW Megatron from HK...

I will say that there were a few steps that had me cringing when I transformed BW Megatron last night. The dino shell panels felt thin and brittle, and I legitimately worried about stress damage as I was untabbing them down the middle and folding them at the little double joints. There's also a black assembly at the waist that needs to slide out for the transformation, but it was locked together so tightly that it took a lot of force to move it apart -- and there's no good place to brace the figure on either side of that part while pulling it.

With that said, it's an amazing looking figure in both modes. I doubt I'll be transforming him for fun, though, like with older, chunkier MPs.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:16 AM   #42
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
There is more than one report. Here is another from Goldimus Prime over at TFW:

Plus, the stress marks are a confirmed common issue on some joints. I have no clue why anyone would rather not share warnings of a 300$ figure.

I've seen 4 video reviews now and none of them had any of these issues, no stress marks or breakage so I wouldn't call stress marks common and one vid went so far as beating up the figure without any issues at all.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:26 AM   #43
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
I will say that there were a few steps that had me cringing when I transformed BW Megatron last night. The dino shell panels felt thin and brittle, and I legitimately worried about stress damage as I was untabbing them down the middle and folding them at the little double joints. There's also a black assembly at the waist that needs to slide out for the transformation, but it was locked together so tightly that it took a lot of force to move it apart -- and there's no good place to brace the figure on either side of that part while pulling it.
That's an issue I have with the figure. It requires to be rather delicate but also very forceful at times. Reminds me a bit of MP 05 that way.

Looks great though and I preffer it to Dinobot.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:41 PM   #44
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Alright, Bens Collectables just put up a review of MP-43. He's usually pretty spot-on with positives and negatives, so maybe use this as a good source for the quality of the figure.

https://youtu.be/_c6eqW_vj9c
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:32 AM   #45
optimusb39
Animated

if anybosy really wants an accurate teat of fragility wait for bobby skullfaces review to come out. he wull run it through the ringer for sure.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:39 AM   #46
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusb39 View Post
if anybosy really wants an accurate teat of fragility wait for bobby skullfaces review to come out. he wull run it through the ringer for sure.
Yeah, his reviews are also really thorough. The only thing is he said that he's not a Beast Wars guy. Hopefully he'll make an exception
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 05:08 PM   #47
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
3 reports out of how many units sold?

You guys are awesome at blowing things out of proportions. Maybe I should have reported that my MP-10 originally came with a rear light missing and made a news of out it. "WARNING!!!! REPORTS OF MISSING PIECES ON MP-10!!"

You've posted 6 posts bitching about this thread. Report it to the mods or just go away please.

I for one appreciate the reports, keep 'em coming guys.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:40 PM   #48
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post
You've posted 6 posts bitching about this thread. Report it to the mods or just go away please.

I for one appreciate the reports, keep 'em coming guys.
Lol well said.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:01 PM   #49
Bumblebee78
Robot Master

Just received mine. Great figure. Everything is fine, nothing broken.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:29 PM   #50
Nocturn
Previously Dead

My MP-43's still in box. Will post back if it's anything less than pristine when I open it. Hoping these issues are limited and rare, not only for my own sake, but also for all the other suckers who dropped hundreds on this piece of plastic, too. There are parts on MP Cheetor and Dinobot that still make me break out in cold sweat. Be delicate with your things. I appreciate that people are sharing their experiences with the figure, but as usual, a handful of negative reports seems to bring out all the alarmists.

"A $300 toy shouldn't have these problems"

Okay but TR Trypticon, a $230 toy, had multiple, widespread, almost ubiquitous problems. Yes it's a lot bigger but it's also FAR less complicated than ANYTHING in the MP line. Most figures that release these days have SOMETHING wrong with them, SOMETHING you have to look out for. Whether its QC or a design flaw. MP-36 has problems. The cost of a figure does not preclude it from the potential to have issues.

HasTak don't care. They have us by the short hairs and they know it. I'm not saying they're right, but so long as people are buying $700 Optimii, why would they change their ways?

So long as HasTak keeps catering to the 90's kid in me, I'm going to keep buying fragile, overpriced, BW MP's. So long as they have a market for this shit, complaining will prove fruitless. A vocal minority won't dissuade the desires of the masses. Older fans may feel they're getting priced out left and right, myself included, but there's new fans (kids) coming to the brand steadily, and the new fans have no concept of what things "used" to be worth.

Every time a thread about QC, pricing, or the general state of TF toys come up, we see the same arguments.

"Back in my day this wouldn't have flown!"
"This toy is smaller than a toy of the same size class from 15 years ago!"

Thing is, it's 2019. It's not back in the day, it's not 15 years ago. The market has shown repeatedly that HasTak will not only survive being this consumer-unfriendly, they continue to thrive doing so. The history of the brand has brought us to this point, where HasTak can get away with whatever they please. They'll sell you the dump they took this morning in a box marked MP-50 for $500. They do not care.

Last edited by Nocturn; 04-03-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote