Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #21
sacha88
Machine War
Re: Do we know when MP Soundwave will hit Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyon View Post
I picked up the Takara version a while back for $220 all in. The 2nd run is coming in at a much lower price point so to be honest, I recommend just pre-ordering the 2nd run and not worry about the hunt. It isn't worth it (especially after Optimus last year).
I agree, 159.99 seems quite reasonable to me. The only thing is that I would love to get all 5 cassettes, getting all the Takara cassettes is not really price feasible for me. But the Soundwave is the important thing. I am so sick of 'the hunt' its such a pain.
sacha88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #22
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

If SW is shipped in MP10 numbers, then I fear this is going to be even worse than MP10, because this time everyone is extra hyped, extra worried, and gunning extra hard for him. Everyone who wants one is going to buy two. Everyone who wants two is going to get four. Shelves are going to be wiped out in single cart-fulls.

And the scalpers are *really* going to step up their game to get as many of these as possible, via any means they can.

I'm probably being over-dramatic, and I hope I'm wrong, but this whole thing seems like it's going to be worse than MP10.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!

Last edited by Goaliebot; 07-19-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #23
hugh_da_man
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
If SW is shipped in MP10 numbers, then I fear this is going to be even worse than MP10, because this time everyone is extra hyped, extra worried, and gunning extra hard for him. Everyone who wants one is going to buy two. Everyone who wants two is going to get four. Shelves are going to be wiped out in single cart-fulls.

And the scalpers are *really* going to step up their game to get as many of these as possible, via any means they can.

I'm probably being over-dramatic, and I hope I'm wrong, but this whole thing seems like it's going to be worse than MP10.
I plan to buy at least 5 based only on the hype...
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #24
sacha88
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh_da_man View Post
I plan to buy at least 5 based only on the hype...
Haha nice. I feel like its going to end up being one of two extremes: either there are a ton of them and all our worrying was a waste of energy, OR a couple spend about 5 seconds on the shelf before disappearing to never be seen again. I'm not expecting a nice middle ground, especially not from the TRUs here in Ottawa.
sacha88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #25
konundrum
Generation 1

I am considering phoning the Toys R Us head office and asking to put a limit of one per customer, maybe if enough do it we can all at least get one. That's all I am looking for. I am probably in the minority though.
konundrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #26
Robbler
Machine War

As someone who has never bought a MP figure and is just new to collecting this year, I have a dumb question: how long do they make the MP figures availble?

I'd really like to get one but I can't afford one right now because college, so I'm hoping to get one soon down the road.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #27
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

blink and you'll miss them. especially soundwave

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #28
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

Soundwave superior, your wallet inferior
Old 07-21-2013, 12:52 AM   #29
halcyon
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbler View Post
As someone who has never bought a MP figure and is just new to collecting this year, I have a dumb question: how long do they make the MP figures availble?

I'd really like to get one but I can't afford one right now because college, so I'm hoping to get one soon down the road.
Focus on college, get a great job, buy it at scalper prices.

Or... hunt it down now, student debt will pay for it..and you may pay later down the road =P.

To answer your question, MP basically come in stock and are gone in about a month time period. Depends on the MP, but some are shelf warmers while others are rarely seen. Acid storm for example, you'll have a good chance of getting. Soundwave... pretty unlikely.

Especially if you have other priorities (like school), just go for the Takara 2nd run at $160. It's a reasonable price and if you're just starting the MP collection, you won't need to worry too much about missing out on the tape guys.
halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #30
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbler View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyon View Post
Focus on college, get a great job, buy it at scalper prices.

Or... hunt it down now, student debt will pay for it..and you may pay later down the road =P
I don't support scalping, but if you can find one at your location TRU, buy it and then resell it to one of the fellow boardies near your area. Be honest that you need to pay for college, and some of them maybe willing to pay you a "finder fee". You could pay for college, sharpen you business skill, and make a powerful friend.