Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #31
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus
Re: TFs getting too hard to transform?

I like the complexitey of transformers. I always thought of them as puzzles. The alternators are by far my favorite in that respect. Grimlock, Mirage and Prime difficult. I guess. Sastifying to complete a transformation. Hell yes.

And without the tabs on the panels and the pins to hold everything in place your toy would always look like Godzilla steped on it. It's really what holds that alt mode together.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #32
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy76 View Post
And without the tabs on the panels and the pins to hold everything in place your toy would always look like Godzilla steped on it. It's really what holds that alt mode together.
I find most times they have too many pins and pegs that they dont need and i've clipped them off. Even something as simple as the Legends G1 Prime. He really doesn't need the peg to hold his legs together, or at least mine doesnt.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #33
Ground Zero
Generation 2

Just trying to think of some of the larger, more complicated G1 figures we had as kids...

Most complicated I can think of is Omega Supreme, only because you had to dismantle him. Still, it wasn't too hard to figure out how to reassemble him. The rest -- even the larger city transformers, only had a handful of steps. These days, a deluxe figure needs an 8.5x14" sheet with 20 steps.
Ground Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #34
tusko
Classic

When my nephews come over, all under 10, only the older simpler toys are brought out.
RID Scourge, legends, and those with simpler transformations are a big hit.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #35
Zeusguy
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
For me it's the rare one I have difficulties with. Alternators Grimlock pissed me off a lot. Getting things in place just right annoys me. It's not so much that the transformation is hard, just tedius. Then take something like HA Jazz, a figure I LOVE as well as enjoy transforming him, so much so that I bought a second one to keep mib should I ever break mine. Leader Starscream is the same for me. I find him a lot of fun transform as well. ROTF leader Prime sucked to transform simply because too much had to lock into place before you can continue to the next step. This is what I feel is the biggest issue with TF's at the moment, not so much that the toys are hard to transform, just tedius with lining up panels just right or pegging parts into so many different spots to hold the figure together, things like that.
Then again, maybe it's me.
This pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter. I also love transforming HA Jazz and Leader Screamer yet don't care for ROTF Optimus. It's all about why they're complex. Screamer is complex, but only because theres a bunch of steps, but ti's all pretty straight forward. With Prime, even if you know all the steps he can be a major pain because on small part wasn't moved an inch to the left or some such throws the entire thing off. I also agree that Animated was probably the best line in terms of fun and engaging transformations vs screen accuracy. Theres only a couple from that line that I find annoying.
Zeusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:14 AM   #36
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Honestly, I don't think the problem lies with the complexity as much as it does with how fragile these new toys are. I suppose both go hand in hand & there's always gonna be ones like RTS Jazz that encompass the best of both worlds, but that's really the difference that I've noticed over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #37
sideswipe88
Stig's Asian Cousin

I'm a kid and I can do ROTF optimus in about... 30-40 mins...or even an hour...
Old 11-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #38
Hylo
Banned

LOL, 30 min to an hour, exactly our point.
Hylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #39
sikkbones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylo View Post
LOL, 30 min to an hour, exactly our point.
g1 prime takes 30 seconds.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #40
TwinTwistR
OP's windshield scrubber

Sorry if I missed a similar comment, but what if the TFs aren't getting quite as complicated as we think? What if we are getting old? I remember as a kid that my dad couldn't figure out G1 Primen or even Leader-1 from GoBots! I could pick up most figures and figure them out without any instructions. Now, not so much without instructions.