Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2011, 10:35 AM   #41
Ground Zero
Generation 2
Re: Nintendo 3DS

It's probably not a bad idea to wait. I've heard a few reports of issues folks have had - dead pixels, extremely limited view angle, floppy hinges, broken circle pad. I've had none of these problems, but they may be fixed in future iterations. There are also only a few games out at this time, but June's release of OOT will keep me busy for a while.

I'm an early adopter. I usually trade in a bunch of games and hardware for the newest hardware. Still, you take your chances and pay premium for that.

It is a GREAT system. I definitely recommend it. The pedometer and coins are a neat addition too (you get coins for walking -- up to 10 a day -- which you can use to buy in-game bonuses in different games).
Ground Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:37 AM   #42
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
I`m with the waiters. Once Mario shows his face on this, then I will jump on it.
I'll be jumping in once Megaman Legends 3 hits US shores.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #43
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

Waiting. If I had any inclination of getting it now, the $10 hike in game prices squashed that.

I don't know if I'll wait for 3DS rev 2, as that might be 1.5 or 2 years from now. But I will wait for a better price on the system and games.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #44
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

It was just reported that the Nintendo 3DS will be getting a price drop in North America on August 12, 2011.

The new price will be $169.99
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #45
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

^^^
Also if you buy it before August 12th you have your choice of 20 free d/l games, as long as you register before midnight. I think I will get one during that week and then do a price match on the 12th

http://kotaku.com/5825501/nintendo-l...for-eshop-bwah
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #46
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
^^^
Also if you buy it before August 12th you have your choice of 20 free d/l games, as long as you register before midnight. I think I will get one during that week and then do a price match on the 12th

Oooh, that's sneaky.

That being said, I've had my 3DS since day 1, and although I'll admit that it's not perfect and has its flaws, I love the thing to death. Not necessarily because I think the console is well done; it's more that having a portable version of SSF4 has made it COMPLETELY worth my time and money. But that's just me; and likely wouldn't necessarily apply to every other gamer out there.

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #47
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
^^^

The free games apply to anyone who bought a system from launch to August 11th at full price, and activated their online store. Then they can choose 10 pre-selected NES games and 10 pre-selected GBA games. Apparently Nintendo isn't planning on selling the pre-selected GBA to the general public in the near future...which is odd. The selections are pretty darn good though. Pretty much all of them are awesome games.

Hmm...buying it and then getting the price adjusted after the drop. You schemer.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #48
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

That news just made this a buy for me. I was thinking of picking one up soon, but didn't want to drop that much cash, knowing that like the original DS, it'll probably get retooled and re-released a few times in the not so distant future to make the system better. A price drop of this magnitude, however, puts it right back on the buy list.

Any idea why it's dropping so much? Did Nintendo just not get the love that they were hoping for at the original price? The system seems like a great concept to me; I just don't understand why they didn't wait to release it with better games. The game lineup for the coming holiday season looks to be pretty awesome, so I'm not sure why they didn't wait a few months until they had a better opportunity to sell the system with better launching software.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #49
ANDROID PRIME
Robot in Disguise

Bought mine when Zelda came out. Cant wait for my 20 free games. I'm glad this is happening because Zelda and Star fox were the only games I was planning on purchasing. Thanks Nintendo.
ANDROID PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #50
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Any idea why it's dropping so much? Did Nintendo just not get the love that they were hoping for at the original price? The system seems like a great concept to me; I just don't understand why they didn't wait to release it with better games. The game lineup for the coming holiday season looks to be pretty awesome, so I'm not sure why they didn't wait a few months until they had a better opportunity to sell the system with better launching software.
Two reasons:

1) Apparently, when the details/features/specs were announced a while back, Nintendo's survey showed that $250 was what people were WILLING to pay for it. So that's why it was originally priced as such.

2) Sony's PlayStation Vita is coming out in the near future, and it is going to cost SIGNIFICANTLY less than what most people (myself included) expected. From a purely specs/technological point of view, the PSV is at least several times more powerful than the 3DS, for a very similar price (the current price). Nintendo's realized that they have to be competitively priced if they don't want to get completely outsold.

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote