Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #21
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan
Re: Boxes/packaging HA sets: Keep or Toss?

Hasbro packaging is instantly tossable, the Japanese stuff I tend to keep the packaging as (most of the time) you can easily put it back in the packaging if you ever have to store it.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #22
Optimus_Prime
Teensformer

I've kept all of my boxes since I moved on from "buying" to "collecting" with the classics line. In my opinion, the box is part of the toy; it's incomplete without it. Also, my collection isn't that large, so space is not a huge issue right now. If I ever run into that problem, I'll open all the taped up cardboard boxes with the packaging in them, and flatten what I can.

Optimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #23
SamiWCP
Alternator

Because I end up moving once a year, I keep important boxes..Foreign, busts and statues, and really expensive figure ones. Anything that is new or just regular "hasbro" stuff, it's garbage.
SamiWCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #24
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

This is how I break it down.

Hasbro Boxes - if there is a Bio on the back I'll cut off the rear flap otherwise, recycle!

Hasbro Cards - I will keep one of a given case assortment so I can occassionally look back at all of them together and imagine them being part of a large expansive catalogue. (I miss those things.)

Bubbles from Carded Figures Hasbro - RECYCLE!

Inserts such as Instructions or Cardboard Name Tags - I tend to keep all instructions natch, and I cut up the cardboard name tag things to keep the names of the figures... Old habits die hard, one of these days I'll stop doing it.

Takara Products - I have kept all of the packaging from these figures because it's Japanese and the Japanese boxes tend to look so much nicer.

Vintage or Re-Issues - Hasbro or Takara I keep them both.

Anything else - RECYCLE!

It's a lot of fun actually to re-organize how I store everything. It's especially fun to go back through the material and re-read tech spec bios and the like every so often.

I used to keep everything - it became too much of a hassle - so now I do the selective things mentioned above.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #25
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I use the boxes (voyager, leader, etc) to create levels on my shelves, so the figures on the back of the shelves can be seen better. I used to try and keep the bubble on the deluxe cards, but now I toss the bubble and keep the backing. It all fits into one banker's box now. Exceptions being the japanese henkei stuff. I haven't done this yet, but I've been thinking that I can flatten the leader boxes and their inserts so they can store way better. That way I can still keep everything, and unflatten it when/if need be.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #26
justprime
Animated

I think its al relative, I cut up my G1 boxes and saved the artwork mind you that was when I bought them new in the 80's if I had had the room to store them I think now in retrospect I would have keep them complete mind you folowing along that line I would have bought multiples of everything and sealed them in a temperature controlled water proof container to be opend at a later date for resale "LOL"
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #27
Camaroman2
Better than a Masterpiece

I agree with you, Optimus_Prime. They're not complete without the boxes. Plus, the box art is nice!
Camaroman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #28
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

I keep them all because the HA boxes in particular have pics of the actual movie characters on them, plus the movie background scenes look cool too. I'll never throw any of them out, because I know it will remind me of the regret I feel about cutting up and throwing out most, if not all, of my original G1 boxes
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #29
-KG-
Kranix

I used to keep almost everything in some form or another. When I started to run out of room I really couldn't think of a justifiable reason to keep all that packaging. Now I only keep G1, G1 reissue and Masterpiece boxes.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #30
CBII
Animated

Thanks to everyone that posted.

I'm keeping my Masterpiece boxes, and pretty much everything else is getting tossed.

I am going to consider cutting the bios out of the back though. I like that idea.

I do think that the box makes it more "complete" yet when I'm looking for a certain figure the box is just a bonous but totally unnecessary.

As for my HA boxes...I'll think about it for another day or two but I'm pretty sure they're going to get recycled like every there ROTF box/package. I just simply don't have the room for them.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote