Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-31-2009, 05:12 AM   #11
Autobot_Orion
Beasty
Re: Transformers Packaging

I keep the stats if its on the box. Only MOC boxes I dont throw away. All Other Boxes I recycle.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:46 AM   #12
malteselegacy
Long live Galvatron!

I kept all of my G1 reissue boxes and TF 2007 boxes,ROTF boxes and I have Animated MISB. I also have a handfiul of orginial G1 boxes and cardbacks.
If you have a basement store them there....make a corner for them and label the boxes so you know what you have in there....but make sure that they are at least a foot off the ground just in case your basement floods. My house is only 4 years old so I am not too worried about that now.... but you never know.
malteselegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:03 AM   #13
DECEPTICON_BRAWL
Autocepticon

i open the figures right by the garbage can outside the store i bought them in, then i throw the box in the garbage and take the figure and accesories.

I VOTE FOR A LEADER CLASS FALLEN!!!!!
DECEPTICON_BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:15 AM   #14
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I used to keep the boxes up until a couple of years ago, when there was a slight mite infestation and I had to get rid of anything made of wood and paper (that included baseboards and trim) that wasn't already sealed in airtight containers (so tech specs and instructions and all that were fine).

After junking them all I realized how much of a fire hazard all that stuff was in my closet.

After that I keep a bare minimum of boxes on hand, and I seal anything I really want to keep in airtight containers.

For the most part I've trashed the boxes of general release figures (unless I got them years later, like Beast Machines Supreme Cheetor). But even at that, If I need to junk the box I will. That Supreme Cheetor box makes the figure so much easier to store without fear of breaking, but it has no real sentimental value.

So to all those out there who really want to keep the boxes, make sure they're sealed against air and water, and toss in one of those bags of silica gel that we're all not supposed to eat. Also store them in a way that would isolate them in event of a fire, or keep them from igniting in the first place.

I know all that will take up more space, but really, if you want to keep the boxes that badly then it'll be worth the space. Otherwise you'll feel destroyed if water, fire, pests, or even the ravages of time get to them.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:18 AM   #15
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Galvatron View Post
...Damn it all. Does anyone know how to access that nether-realm that Prime stores his trailer in?

I did a while ago, but they tossed a note back asking me not to throw my garbage into their dimension.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:20 AM   #16
chans formers
raff ow roud

i actually take the time to flatten the boxes,store them,then at a later time,i'll go back and cut out all the good artworks and tech specs and put them into a scrapbooking binder.i've been lazy for the last 2 years in doing this so i have a pretty big fire hazard downstairs right now.......
that and i need more binders very soon and shelf space for them
Old 07-31-2009, 10:22 AM   #17
Uberman
Energon

I know I already chimed in earlier, but it's now actually become something to consider for me. I'm getting an MISB Optimus Primal [original release], and I'm paying what in the big picture is a good price, although it's more than I've spent on any toy so far. So it's a bit of an investment for me. And as such, I'm tempted to keep the box, if only to justify the expenditure a bit [not that I'm not gonna enjoy opening and playing with the toy].

But is this guy specifically something I'd wanna keep the packaging for? I know certain figures will fetch far more down the road with packaging, but I'm also sure most won't make a difference. Any insights? [And as I said before, I went this far without keeping boxes, and I think it might be a dangerous habit to start... I'm a major packrat in pretty much every other regard.]
Old 07-31-2009, 10:40 AM   #18
Pascal
Banned

I only keep boxes for high-end toys.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:28 PM   #19
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
i actually take the time to flatten the boxes,store them,then at a later time,i'll go back and cut out all the good artworks and tech specs and put them into a scrapbooking binder.i've been lazy for the last 2 years in doing this so i have a pretty big fire hazard downstairs right now.......
that and i need more binders very soon and shelf space for them
That's a really good idea.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote