Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #21
pandaprime
aficionado!
Re: Finish this sentence: 2012 was the worst year to be a Transformer collector becau

because the manufacturer or retailer or BOTH were so obsessed (via mass quantity) with wave 1 of anything!

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #22
ChrisW
Thread Killer
Re: Finish this sentence: 2012 was the worst year to be a Transformer collector becau

2012 was the worst year to be a Transformers collector because this is the first year where so many toys failed to show up at retail. TFP wave 2 only showed up in very limited quantities and only at Walmart. TFP waves 3 - 6 didn't show up. And don't get me started an MP Optimus Prime...

It's the first year where so many people - collectors and kids - couldn't get the toys they wanted.

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #23
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

2012 was the worst year to be a transformers collector because there wasn't enough to complain about and the world didn't end.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #24
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Meh, was fine for me. Got ALL of the items I desired. Guess it helps I live near the border.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #25
skrilla 88
Jackass!

2012 was a GREAT year for me. I saved soooo much money on Transformers. After hearing so many complaints about QC (Weak plastic) and experiencing it first hand with Prid Dreadwing, I put off pursuing any others figures that were of interest.
skrilla 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #26
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

2012 wasn't much of my year in terms of spending,mainly because there wasn't money to spend on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #27
joshimus
Metroplex

Honestly it wasn't a bad year for collectors. Plenty of third party toys came out and I now own a pretty awesome G1 inspired Devestator (thanks Maketoys). Also managed to be one of the first to snag an TRU MP Prime so again WOOT!
While the Prime line never really made it to stores, I did manage to get a few harder to find from my local comic shop. Sure pricing was more expensive but considering I buy nearly all my toys from box store retail at discount and sales, a few regular priced toys didn't hurt...except Air Arachnid. What a POS.
So all in all, 2012 could have been better but I am pretty happy overall. Nice too see the Wall of Yellow has left TRU Hamilton. Unfortunetly it's all Ultimate and Mech Maximus now flooding the store.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #28
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
2012 was the worst year to be a Transformer collector because I have to constantly listen to over entitled man-children bitch on the internet.
So, you can actually hear the bitching? Wow, I guess that would explain your over-reaction to a very light hearted question.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #29
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Nowhere near the worst (hello, years between G2 and BW, year of Armada, etc), but distribution did suck this year.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #30
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

....everything in the mainline was cheaply made

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote