Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #11
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: I have a confession to make...

I wouldn't worry about it much. Prime is definitely one of the hardest figures EVER to transform IMHO. Those dam tabs for the chest windows, I think I'm going break them everytime.

As for your transformers transforming issues, some people are just challenged when it comes to 3-D spacial manipulation ... does that sound pompous enough? ... any way, it's not an indication of anything necessarily wrong. It just the way some people are. It's like some people can appriciate the awesomeness of transformers and others just don't have the imagination to do so.

FYI and bragging a little, I can transform Prime in 5-10 minutes depending on how much trouble those tabs I mentioned give me, but in a former life I was a trained draftsman so seeing things in 3-D space in my head isn't much of an issue. Just a theory anyways.

Also Prime is not for a 5yr-old. They'd break it the first time around...
Old 08-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #12
Sideswipe
Break it down!

I remember when RID came out. My friend and I almost lost a gasket figuring out Prime and Sideburn.

Damn you sideburn....
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #13
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurrz View Post
Skids and Mudflap can go die in a hole...

I have always thought that the more complicated a Transformers was the more satisfying it is as a Transformer. Like the BTs, or Alternity Convoy, or any of the Masterpieces, especially the seekers. But for some reason the more complicated a ROTF toy gets the more annoyed I get with it.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #14
JSon
Robo Warrior

I would say ROTF is as hard/if not harder to transform then Masterpiece Megatron. Some of the new ROTF figures are ridiculous. I don't mind the advanced conversions, but I can't even image the parents who buy those for their kids, because when they kids can't do it you know who they come running to. I definetly get the impression that some of the ROTF toys are for collectors and not kids.

It explains new figures like Activators, Bumperbattlers, and Fast Action Battlers I suppose.
JSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #15
Pascal
Banned

A lot of movie toys are way too complex for kids imo (Skids, Mudflap, Prime, maybe Jetfire, Mixmaster, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
But for some reason the more complicated a ROTF toy gets the more annoyed I get with it.
I think complex transformations are really fun the first time as you get a sense of satisfaction when you finally finish transforming the toy, but then you just want to PLAY and transformation takes too long to enjoy. I have a lot of complex figures that I don't transform because of that. Must be why I enjoy Legends and Devy so much!

Last edited by Pascal; 08-06-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #16
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I have always loved the really complicated ones. I remember when everybody was complaining about Alternators Grimlock's transformation being the hardest. I always found him to be the easiest. Well... That is until Frenzy came out (I call him Frenzy dammit!) Easiest Alternator to TF ever!

As far as ROTF Prime goes, I average about 10min now, give or take a few min struggling with the chest tabs. 30min when I first Transformed him.

Last edited by Mumps; 08-06-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #17
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

I've found with the ROTF figures that there are several which are very finnicky for fitting them together in alt mode. They involve jamming an awful lot into a tight space and needing several parts to clip together, but being blocked out by all the stuff jammed inside.

Examples: Skids, Mudflap, HA BB, Sideways
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #18
BeeBoy29
Alternator

skids took me forever -_-
prime? dont even ask i havent even tryed transforming tht guy lol. so in short im a really bad transformerer :/
Old 08-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #19
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

it took me about 45 minutes to transform leader prime the first time. but the big kicker for me was Masterpiece Megatron. 3 freakin' hours to transform him! had to wash my hands every 15 minutes because they were getting too sweaty from frustration.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #20
Icetron

It took me over an hour too, since I tried to not use the instructions...and then I got stuck. There were some parts of Prime that are a bad design choice imo, like the chest pieces that are supposed to be pulled off.

And...I also completely forgot how to transform Mix Master, good thing I like his bot mode more I guess...?