Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-29-2018, 09:14 AM   #271
max99d
Robot in Disguise
Re: Amazon.ca Sightings

My blast off is on its way. So excited
max99d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:38 AM   #272
lifedragon99
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderman View Post
I preordered an item from Amazon.ca one time when I lived in an apartment and they left my package on the front of my door. Worst off I live in a bad area in Toronto and my unit was next to the elevator. When I got home the item was stolen and I reported the incident to Amazon and they were kind to offer me two options: first was to resend a replacement or the second was for a full refund. Good news is that today I found out they have shipped my Nemesis Prime and I will be getting it on Tuesday July 31st bad news is I have to cancel Amazon Prime by August 2nd or get charged for the next month Subscription of $75 or something. Hope I get my Nemesis Prime because that's the whole reason I signed up for 30 days. The rule is you can cancel anytime but it has to be after all your Amazon Prime deals have been shipped or they will not honour the FREE Amazon discounts.

Had the same thing happen to me. Ordered RAM, they shipped it was stolen. Contacted them and they offered replacement or refund. I said replacement but please send it on Saturday when I am home. They sent it Friday, I wasn't home so I couldn't get it then they resent it on Saturday, and the dude dropped it in front of my door without knocking.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:58 AM   #273
SHCKWAVE
Beast Machine

I've been on a mini Amazon.ca shopping spree lately and they have left my packages on my doorstep each and every time. My last purchase was a TF dvd and as I was expecting it I was looking out the window as the courier arrived. (It was a Saturday)By the time I made it downstairs he was walking away. He hadn't even rang my bell to see if I was home so my opening the door caught him by surprise.*evil snicker* My Nemesis Prime arrives this Tuesday so my sister in law, who lives next door, will be watching for it to take it in.
SHCKWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:22 PM   #274
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

is this with amazon courier? i had good experience with the ones in my area. they always call my cell # if they can't reach me on the buzzer #, and come back the same day to redeliver once i get home.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:51 PM   #275
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHCKWAVE View Post
I've been on a mini Amazon.ca shopping spree lately and they have left my packages on my doorstep each and every time. My last purchase was a TF dvd and as I was expecting it I was looking out the window as the courier arrived. (It was a Saturday)By the time I made it downstairs he was walking away. He hadn't even rang my bell to see if I was home so my opening the door caught him by surprise.*evil snicker* My Nemesis Prime arrives this Tuesday so my sister in law, who lives next door, will be watching for it to take it in.
That’s what Amazon always do, why do you seem so surprised?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuropa View Post
is this with amazon courier? i had good experience with the ones in my area. they always call my cell # if they can't reach me on the buzzer #, and come back the same day to redeliver once i get home.
I never get any call, but sometimes they buzz, that’s about it.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:01 PM   #276
SHCKWAVE
Beast Machine

[QUOTE=protoform_ironhide;767642]That’s what Amazon always do, why do you seem so surprised?

Because I just joined Amazon.ca. Hence the recent shopping spree's...
SHCKWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:03 PM   #277
steamwhistle
Crossover

Curious.
People are blaming Amazon, but for me my Amazon purchases are most-often shipped via Canada Post, or another courier service.

So, is it Amazon's "fault", or an issue with the delivery/courier service?
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:21 PM   #278
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Curious.
People are blaming Amazon, but for me my Amazon purchases are most-often shipped via Canada Post, or another courier service.

Most of my Amazon stuff comes via Amazons own couriers because it's always one or two day shipping. That being said, I've never had an issue with them. If I'm not home they usut put the package under the front mat or behind a shovel or something.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:37 PM   #279
ngnaw
Armada

I call Amazon and complain about which courrier service messed up. I tell them it makes Amazon look bad and that they look like amateurs and I want to leave bad feedback for the courrier used. I mention Amazon should recruit better courrier companies if they ever want to get my prime membership renewed... They understand and knock off $10 on my next purchase. (It was my Nemesis Prime!) Mind you, since being Prime member for 2 years now, it's only ever happened 2x that I got my "next day delivery" in 2 or 3 days... I think that's a very good % and they've always compensated me.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:06 PM   #280
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Curious.

You bought from Amazon, of course it is Amazon's fault when you received bad service. Amazon is the one who chose the courier, not us.
Anyways, from time to time, they always just leave stuff on the front door without buzzing the bell, just like most other courier do. I have never lose an item though even there isn't any fence at where I live.

Last edited by protoform_ironhide; 07-29-2018 at 11:09 PM.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote