Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-25-2018, 05:41 PM   #31
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: PotP Voyagers and Deluxes on Rollback on WalMart.ca

Update: deluxe rollback at Windermere Walmart. Got a price adjustment on six figures.

Policy is 30 days but csr thought it was 14. Store manager confirmed 30.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:08 PM   #32
Grayfox
Crossover

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll keep that 30 day period in mind
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:24 PM   #33
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll keep that 30 day period in mind
I hate to argue with csr, I remain polite, but man, I usually know their policies better than they do lol. It's tough when I'm literally reading the policy to them and they're disagreeing.

That said it also sounds like one of those changes upper management makes and doesn't bother to clarify to the rank and file and we've all been THERE in our jobs...

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:34 PM   #34
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I got my price adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Nothing at my nearest Walmart. Couldn't find out if they adjust prices for their own rollbacks on their website. Eh. Keep my receipts in the wallet if/when they rollback over here.

Hopefully somebody can tell us if they will price adjust here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
I've been told in the past that they don't match their own web prices because they are seperate entities. We all know how inconsistent price matching can be at walmart though, so it's mostly luck of the draw, I find.
I had a problem when I tried today, because the lady said that I had to have the actual item, not just the receipt. I had the rollback ad from their app pulled up on my phone showing PotP Jazz on rollback, and explained that it was a toy, bought 3 days ago, and that it's been opened and played with already. So she went to get the CSM. She explained the error. The first lady thought I was trying to price match an item that was on clearance from another Walmart location, which they can't do because stores clearance stock at their own discretion, whereas rollbacks are company wide. And she explained to the first lady that they DO price match from their own website. So I got my five bucks and change back!
Old 05-25-2018, 11:37 PM   #35
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Gentlemen, I had success price matching with Toys R Us. The more experienced lady at the customer service counter said they do match, but not %, only listed prices. I had the Toys R Us flyer that listed the price so she had no problem doing the price match.

At this Wal*Mart which is the one on The Queensway across from Sherway Gardens in Toronto, they had rollbacks on the POTP Voyagers & Deluxes.
Let's be clear, WM doesn't pricematch, they only "ad match", which is their way of weaseling out of actually price matching anything. I've had quite a few bad experiences because the employee(s) point to the picture and says the picture has to match the exact same toy on the flyer, and not bothering to read the description of the toy.

I've even shown TRU's website of an item in-stock and listed at a lower price, but their argument is that it must be on a flyer. I'm not sure if they're audited or get in trouble for not following an ad-match by the book, but clearly they don't think straight or want to do work they don't have to.

"I would like to buy this item from your company (employer) instead of your competitor, at the competitor's listed price Please." AKA I would like to give you money for the sale of a good PLEASE.

Immediate reaction by the WM employee is a hard look and scrutinizing of finding ways to -not- take your money. WOW.

I'm not sure if this a way of a WM employee powertripping or something else, but this is pretty much their attitude towards ad matching, both by cashiers and their CSMs. The "M" stands for "Manager"

Sorry, bitter much? Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
Walmart has a 30 day price adjustment policy according to the website.

I got my wave 2 figures 45 days ago at walmart so im SOL :/
Technically, what's to stop you from refunding the items back and simply re-purchasing the items at the sale price? But that's only if you have the items unopened, or opened and complete with all packaging. TRU is pretty lax and understanding with the price-adjustment time period.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:56 PM   #36
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I got my price adjustment.

I had a problem when I tried today, because the lady said that I had to have the actual item, not just the receipt. I had the rollback ad from their app pulled up on my phone showing PotP Jazz on rollback, and explained that it was a toy, bought 3 days ago, and that it's been opened and played with already. So she went to get the CSM. She explained the error. The first lady thought I was trying to price match an item that was on clearance from another Walmart location, which they can't do because stores clearance stock at their own discretion, whereas rollbacks are company wide. And she explained to the first lady that they DO price match from their own website. So I got my five bucks and change back!
But isn't this all just wrong? It is such a hassle to price adjust something that is so simple and clear in layman's terms. This is exactly why I support TRU and not WM. If any other retailer had such difficulty/attitudes with price matching/price adjustments, they'd be out of business in no time.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:42 AM   #37
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Let's be clear, WM doesn't pricematch, they only "ad match", which is their way of weaseling out of actually price matching anything. I've had quite a few bad experiences because the employee(s) point to the picture and says the picture has to match the exact same toy on the flyer, and not bothering to read the description of the toy.

I've even shown TRU's website of an item in-stock and listed at a lower price, but their argument is that it must be on a flyer. I'm not sure if they're audited or get in trouble for not following an ad-match by the book, but clearly they don't think straight or want to do work they don't have to.

"I would like to buy this item from your company (employer) instead of your competitor, at the competitor's listed price Please." AKA I would like to give you money for the sale of a good PLEASE.

Immediate reaction by the WM employee is a hard look and scrutinizing of finding ways to -not- take your money. WOW.

I'm not sure if this a way of a WM employee powertripping or something else, but this is pretty much their attitude towards ad matching, both by cashiers and their CSMs. The "M" stands for "Manager"

Sorry, bitter much? Yeah...

Technically, what's to stop you from refunding the items back and simply re-purchasing the items at the sale price? But that's only if you have the items unopened, or opened and complete with all packaging. TRU is pretty lax and understanding with the price-adjustment time period.
Yes, I had the price match/advertisement match/toy not in the advertisement issue back when POTP Wave 1 first came out and Toys R Us later on had a sale. Had to go back to Wal*Mart a 2nd time, that employee understood right away & adjusted using only the receipt with no issue.

You are absolutely right about some of the employee’s reaction to scrutinize taking our money. I try understand their position & don’t want to get into a dispute, but I haven’t done it often to be overly frustrated...yet. I am close enough & go to Wal*Marts often for the honey-do grocery list that it’s not a big deal for me to go later.

The price adjust is 30 days and return is 90 days, to make it simple, both should just be the same. That would eliminate buying the item at the sale price & returning for refund using the older receipt that is still within 90 days. It’s 2018, the world doesn’t need to make sense anymore I suppose.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:19 PM   #38
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
only wave1
Nope, applies to wave 2 as well. At least, that's how they much they're scanning for at Walmarts in Alberta right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
Walmart has a 30 day price adjustment policy according to the website.

I got my wave 2 figures 45 days ago at walmart so im SOL :/
No big deal. They have a 90 day return policy. Return them, get your refund, then take everything your returned back through the checkout to re-buy at the lower price. I've actually had their CSR's instruct me to do it this way in the past.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:40 PM   #39
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
Nope, applies to wave 2 as well. At least, that's how they much they're scanning for at Walmarts in Alberta right now.

No big deal. They have a 90 day return policy. Return them, get your refund, then take everything your returned back through the checkout to re-buy at the lower price. I've actually had their CSR's instruct me to do it this way in the past.
I've done this before too except the web price was cheaper so I returned the item (platinum seekers) then bought them again online. I told the csr that shipping back and forth is wasted money for the company. She agreed it was stupid.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:13 AM   #40
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Wave 2 s indeed included in the sale. HunGurr and Elita 1 were both 25$ today when I went.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote