Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-25-2018, 02:53 AM   #91
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: I said I wouldn’t and I did. Go "figure."

Dec 25 - Rhythm and Bluz

EDIT: I actually shot these before most of the Advent and completed the write up before it was announced that Greenlight was going to be released but I saw no reason to re-write the commentary so take what you read below for what it is.

Merry Christmas, Happy holidays and all that jazz (pun intended). So as we all know (or think) Hasbro doesn’t always think things through. No scratch that, IMHO, Hasbro doesn’t always think things through. They gave us Elita-1 and 2 Fembots limbs and what the heck are we supposed to do as far as a combiner goes. Yeah I could add Wreck-Gar or Jazz but I didn’t want to. I wish that I could sculpt somewhat because I really wanted the POTP Wreck-Gar to be “Nancy” so at least it would be another female. When I first saw Jazz, I (and I’m sure you did too) immediately felt this should be re-tooled into Crasher (or Fracture). When no such announcement was made, I wanted to do my own but the windshield kept getting in my way and had no clue how to work around it. For the combined mode I decided that I would get 2 Moonracers and 2 Novastars but then I ran into 2 problems. First I honestly didn’t like them as legs. It just looked really, really off. Second I wanted to display them as individuals and have them combined so I had to really think so I figured I’d sell the other two because my plan wouldn’t work until I remembered the Crasher idea and how stupid I thought it was for Hasbro to have released Jazz as a POTP figure.

Based on that I decided that Alpha Trion should “create” two new female Autobots that could combine so I bought 2 Jazz during a TRU sale and started to plan. Then another idea hit me that they could also be Jazz’s groupies to explain the look of them being similar on alt mode but wasn’t a fan of them having his “head.” So the headmaster concept came to mind and had to figure out both who I wanted to use and where it would be affected the least. With both Shuffler and Ramhorn not really needing Titan Masters for their beast modes and the eye colour of both, they became the lucky volunteers. As for the name, since they looked like Jazz, I wanted them to have similar names based on music genres so Rhythm and Bluz were “born”.

The paint isn’t perfect so I know the flaws will show up on camera and just to make them pop a bit more I added Reprolabels (The Smokeout set). Originally Rhythm was all Red and Bluz was all blue but being such solid colours I figured to swap a few pieces here are there just to break it up. Also now that they are in combined mode and will always stay that way, I took a few pics of how they would have looked had I kept the original heads on them. On that note allow me to introduce the first female headmaster combining Autobots Rhythm & Bluz. Hope you enjoyed the show and had as much fun following as I did creating it.

Advent 2019? I dunno we’ll see. I leave it with you guys to tell me if you want another next year

Part 1 – The bots

Last edited by wervenom; 12-25-2018 at 02:57 AM.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 02:54 AM   #92
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Part 2 - Part of the team

Old 12-25-2018, 03:00 AM   #93
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 25 Supplemental - Where are they now?

Usually in the past I’ve always included pics where I moved them and since I’ve been meaning to update my collection pics maybe this will give me the motivation and have to recall what went where. Please forgive the quality I just did these with my cell phone. As I can only put 15 links per post I’ll separate into 2 posts.

Part 1
The Prime Masters

MMC Asterisk Azalea & Calidus

OC Dark Azalea & Quietus

Xerxes

Bludgeon

Cindersuar

Toro

Grinder, WJ Guardian and WJ Ultima Guard

Leonidas, GT Gorilla and Dark Guard Prime
Old 12-25-2018, 03:01 AM   #94
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Part 2

PE Megs

Black Power Baser

Octopunch

PE Optimal

MPP-10 Clear

Roswell and Van Guardian

Punch/Counterpunch

Repugnus

Wing

Rhythm & Bluz

Have a great rest of 2018 and looking forward to 2019 and hope for another great year of TF’s.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:58 AM   #95
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Merry Christmas to you too! Another great advent calendar, man! Thanks for taking the time to share your shots and collection displays with us. I think your photography has really come along in a noticeable way this year between the new hardware and backgrounds. I look forward to what 2019 brings for you to share with us and you have my vote for next year's calendar!

BTW, nice score with the TLK Cybertron/Primus. Where did you get that? I thought it never made its way to TRU Canada.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 01:10 PM   #96
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
Merry Christmas to you too! Another great advent calendar, man! Thanks for taking the time to share your shots and collection displays with us. I think your photography has really come along in a noticeable way this year between the new hardware and backgrounds. I look forward to what 2019 brings for you to share with us and you have my vote for next year's calendar!

BTW, nice score with the TLK Cybertron/Primus. Where did you get that? I thought it never made its way to TRU Canada.
Well thanks man I'm glad you enjoyed and thank you for the compliment, much appreciated.

For TLK Cybertron I had him in last years advent actually. I picked him up at TRU in the states black Friday sale (2017). I wasn't going to as he was $149.99 US but he was tagged wrong on the shelf so I got him for $70. Still too much IMO but since it was a bit more than half off I couldn't say no lol
Old 12-26-2018, 08:14 PM   #97
Landstander
Generation 2

Great figures, great pictures, and a great thread, I Hope to see another one next year
Landstander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #98
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landstander View Post
Great figures, great pictures, and a great thread, I Hope to see another one next year
Thanks and all I can say right now is we'll see. I usually get a sense if it can be done around TFCon in July as it usually depends on what I buy
Old 12-26-2018, 09:00 PM   #99
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

Amazing sets and a great bonus at the end with the collection pics!

Loved it the whole way.

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:26 PM   #100
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo.Dave View Post
Amazing sets and a great bonus at the end with the collection pics!

Loved it the whole way.
Thanks boss glad you enjoyed it