Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-17-2007, 03:19 AM   #11
Vangelus
Beast Machine
Re: Movie Toys. What do you think so far?

So far I've got the initial 6 deluxes, Ironhide, and the Real Gear camera.

Real Gear is easily a line of its own.

Movie guys though, are a mixed bag united by one thing I adore: Innovative engineering. Every single one has at least one TFing step that has me going "wow, that's cool".

Automorph is possibly my favourite gimmick of all time, too. Ironhide's is an ultimate example of what I love about it: Automated transformation that's not intrusive and doesn't feel like it takes away from the experience.

Overall pleased, especially since I expect the engineering to improve in a couple waves.
Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:50 AM   #12
Phy
Machine War

Well, Blackout's alright. I like him more for the helo mode than for the robot, although the panelly-ness of his lower legs is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to Leader Prime, and especially Ironhide.
Phy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:06 PM   #13
Protoman
The Legend

I like change, and this is a change of pace. To quote McDonalds.... "I'm lovin it"
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:13 PM   #14
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I've only picked up Leader Prime, and still have yet to open him up. Looks cool in the box though. I've passed on the other stuff so far.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:06 PM   #15
Soundweaver
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkid View Post
LOL

Oh, by far, if u ask me, I think Real Gear is the worst, but i think i will still get them...9.99 is over price.
Real Gear is what made me excited for this new toy line. For 3 reasons:
1. Real life sized alt modes that kids can role play with. I woulda killed for these when i was younger. They remind of playing with the cassettes.

2. Neat looking robot modes, almost half classic half movie.

3. And that camera guy, Snapshot or whatever, looks to be one of the best articulated and just neatest little transformers ever.

As for the others, so far i've got the deluxe bumblebee, and he's not too bad.
The auto transform annoys me: i've got a BB whose front end won't click in in car mode.
If anyone knows how to fix this, i'll be more than happy to eat some crow.

Robot mode is definitely good, though i wish he had better ankles.
The double guns, are awesome once you remove the missles, they have the feel of Rhinox's guns, cept smaller.
I'm gonna customize him into a decepticon with a new paint job and head, maybe a new Runabout, or Track's evil cousin.

I'm thinking of grabbing Wreckage, cuz even though his stryker vehicle has had any bit of toughness and war machineness removed, his robot mode is pure, in the words of the internet, "teh sex".
Soundweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:36 PM   #16
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

If theres a sale later on and wreckage is there, I'll pick up and extra one and put green camo on him because the last place you take one of those armoured vehicles is the arctic.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:47 PM   #17
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

I only have Deluxe Movie Jazz so far. He's around a 6/10, tops.

His legs (like tree trunks) and arms are way out of proportion. The automorph feature raises his head up at the end of the transformation - that's it - a totally wasted feature for him. I hope I did something wrong with the arms (but I can't figure out what it is), because the hood flaps are flopping around like crazy. One side is so loose it will probably need a clear-coat to make it stick better. The telescoping gun is nice, but all the pictures show it right-side up, while it is upside-down for me.

The TF:Classics were all great figures IMHO maybe the best Hasbro has ever made (I'd give almost all of them a 9/10 - not Grimlock and not Megs).
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:04 PM   #18
Phy
Machine War

Another way to look at it is, Automorph doesn't really interfere with much on him, does it? Whereas Blackout's automorph can slip a gear, forcing the cockpit section into goofy angles when properly transformed.
Phy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:42 PM   #19
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Only got Power Up VT-6 real gear gameboyadvanced-ish one and Scorponok so far.

Scorponok is the only bio-mechanical look movie design that I've really warmed up to at this point. Scorpion mode is actually pretty need and the drilling action is pretty cool. Robot mode is just so-so since part of the tail is still between the legs, making it looks like there is no legs like a hald worm thing. Also, if I can detach the fork-like sting thing from the tail as a weapon in robot mode it will be much better IMHO.

The posability of Power Up VT-6 is not that great esp. for the arms. The shoulders can't be turned back and forth which limited the movement of the arms.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:51 PM   #20
Zakna
Beasty

picked up all 6 deluxes today

bumblebee broke..

i guess that auto morph feature has this black plastic that blocks the yellow bit from pushing in and resetting it

but that black plastic warped and snapped.. so now the front in car mode wont go back into place.. the only thing i can do prolly is file away the yellow bit that pushes out.. ><

so theres no way right now for me to display it in car mode as the car snaps and bends from hood up

also

the rest of the other ones looks pretty good and the articulation is great.. except.. scorponok..

wtf

thats like a mcdonald toy... supersized ><
Zakna is offline   Reply With Quote