Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-03-2016, 06:39 PM   #11
protoform_ironhide
Commander
Re: The biggest and best Devastator

Tfc looks pretty ugly in my opinion. I agree with Matrix Holder.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:43 PM   #12
mAk
Machine War

This about sums it up for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
IMO TFC hercules is the worst looking of all the devastators, i hate everything about it. Maketoys green giant is my favourite 3rd party Devastator but My favourite Devastator is the Takara Titan unite warriors Devastator with the perfect upgrade set that comes with the Prowl head, all of the problems that the hasbro version has are fixed with the Takara version. He is awesome.
mAk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:51 PM   #13
mcfmullen
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroma23 View Post
first of all, "biggest" does not necessarily equal to "best"

the biggest one right now, so far is CW devastator but have crappy individual robot modes and you need 3rd party upgrades to fix its shortcomings

toyworld's devastator seems to be quite "big" too
Inaccurate. Toyworld's is bigger than CW AND far better in pose-ability, G1 likeness and comes with a price tag to match (though it is significantly competitively priced as a 3P product).
mcfmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:52 PM   #14
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Agreed. CW and UW Devy are the "best". Takara UW being slightly better than the domestic Hasbro CW.

I've tinkered with Maketoys and TFCs offerings which are impressive but the official releases don't come with high price tags leading to buyer's remorse.

And they are solid enough to actually tinker with. Call me "impatient and old" but I just don't have 2 free hours to convert my 3P TFs anymore (I'm talking to you, Apollyon).

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:58 PM   #15
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Don't kid yourselves UW Devy and the Upgrades will cost around $300 - $400 CAD so this is not the cheapest either.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:02 PM   #16
chroma23
douchebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfmullen View Post
Inaccurate. Toyworld's is bigger than CW AND far better in pose-ability, G1 likeness and comes with a price tag to match (though it is significantly competitively priced as a 3P product).
i would say its pretty accurate as of today, since toyworld's offering is not yet available to the mass public, and until actual reviews come in, its impossible to say if the toy is good or has tons of issues. just a couple of test shot promo photos do not suffice

in the future when it gets released i can be wrong and i will stand corrected, but until then i am making my statements as of offerings that are available right now. thats why i wrote "RIGHT NOW, SO FAR" in my first reply

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129

Last edited by chroma23; 02-03-2016 at 07:20 PM.
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:10 PM   #17
chroma23
douchebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
Don't kid yourselves UW Devy and the Upgrades will cost around $300 - $400 CAD so this is not the cheapest either.
as supposed to getting UW devy, getting hasbro CW devy at clearance prices will slash the costs quite a bit. not sure how much the 3p upgrade kits go for nowadays though

but other than that, best bang for the buck i would say try to get a second hand giant or hercules from someone who wants to get rid of it

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:15 PM   #18
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Call me "impatient and old" but I just don't have 2 free hours to convert my 3P TFs anymore (I'm talking to you, Apollyon).
I heard you, and I am in the same boat..now that reminds me of my MP Ironhide still sitting there unopened... Too busy with housework and the kid, especially when you have many.

UW Devastator took me almost an hour to unbox, to transform and combine him(kid was there playing/messing around with the bots when I was attempting to combine it). I have to say, he is sturdy for the size of it, it's worth it especially when it has no qc issues.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:25 PM   #19
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Too funny. Similar scene at my place. Unboxed that bad boy with my brood. 8 year old was indifferent (thanks Minecraft!), 5 year old got one of her Shopkins wedged into Mixmaster, and my 3 year old boy was in heaven.

When I discovered Devy had 2 left hands I seriously thought he was to blame for a moment, but all in all CW Devy was sturdy enough to stand up to his abusive toddler play. OK...Hook's left foot did go missing for about 20 minutes under the couch .

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
I heard you, and I am in the same boat..now that reminds me of my MP Ironhide still sitting there unopened... Too busy with housework and the kid, especially when you have many.

UW Devastator took me almost an hour to unbox, to transform and combine him(kid was there playing/messing around with the bots when I was attempting to combine it). I have to say, he is sturdy for the size of it, it's worth it especially when it has no qc issues.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:35 PM   #20
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
IMO TFC hercules is the worst looking of all the devastators, i hate everything about it. Maketoys green giant is my favourite 3rd party Devastator but My favourite Devastator is the Takara Titan unite warriors Devastator with the perfect upgrade set that comes with the Prowl head, all of the problems that the hasbro version has are fixed with the Takara version. He is awesome.
meanwhile i think herc is great and giant is an rid 2000 reject looking thing. At least we agree on which one is the best

both the new ones look very generic to me, if you're going to make something to fit with masterpiece, it better be accurate. Size alone does not a masterpiece make

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote