Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #21
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Your Childhood "Holy Grail" Transformers?

Fortress Maximus, Complete, MISB.

I have always wanted this since childhood and I saw it in the pack-in catalog. I hadn't seen him on the show until I bought the Rhino release of G1, season 3 part 2 and season 4.

He shall always be the giant fish that got away.

And since I saw all the extra goodies that came with the Takara release, now THAT one is my holy grail.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #22
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
Fortress Maximus, Complete, MISB.

I have always wanted this since childhood and I saw it in the pack-in catalog. I hadn't seen him on the show until I bought the Rhino release of G1, season 3 part 2 and season 4.

He shall always be the giant fish that got away.

And since I saw all the extra goodies that came with the Takara release, now THAT one is my holy grail.
Me too! Fortress Maximus is my "holy grail".

I'm happy if I found a loose one in good condition. Now that I have a set of Master Swords all I need is a loose US Fort. Max.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #23
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

My childhood holy grails were the Seacons. I managed to get them via the BBTS reissue.

The other big one I always wanted was Trypticon. Never got one, but I did see one on my cousin's TF shelf (with other cityformers).

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #24
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

The (complete) G1 Constructicon Giftset - I had Hook, Scavenger and Mixmaster and was well on my way to completing the set when my prepubescent efforts got waylaid by multiple family dramas (i.e., injuries, death, divorce). I donated most of my G1's to my church in 1997 and I've been slowly replicating my collections through CHUGs, some G1 reissues and MPs ever since.

So needless to say I've got the Encore 20 release dead fixed in my sights, finger on the trigger (probably the XP-01 add-on set by XTransbots too).

Just waiting for a good enough reason to spend the cash. Maybe as an early Father's Day gift to myself for when child #3 comes along this September? Sounds good!!!

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #25
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Having had G2 Bruticus, Superion and Optimus Prime when I was about 4 or 5 and being as naieve as I was to what was available, I found myself very envious of a classmate's Starscream figure.

That and a Shockwave. Never got them as a kid and now I'm just estatic that finally my dream will come true (in a manner of speaking) when a classics worthy Shockwave is released in the upcoming months as part of the Generations line.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #26
Mumps
Canadian Slag

As a kid, Trypticon and Predaking were my grails! When we got the Internet, and I found out about Fortress Maximus, a new grail was added to the list. Still looking for a Fort Max today. Brave Max just won't cut it.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #27
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy

Always wanted a Sky Lynx,
happy to say that I got him 2 years ago, but as a kid I'd always see him in the little fold out booklet you'd get and had no idea what/who it was... and of course it looked like a dinosaur so I had to have it.
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #28
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

I aways wanted a G1 Optimus Prime as a kid but never got one.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #29
Ozrein
Stunticon

One Christmas in the mid 80s, my parents order the 5 dinobots and the constructicons from the Sears catalogue for my brother and I. Unfortunately (according to them) Sears ran out of Sludge, Snarl and Slag. So while we were lucky enough to get Grimlock, Swoop and the Constructicons, we missed out on the other 3.

I always wanted to finish off the group and once I got back into collecting a number of years ago, they were at the top of my list. It took a while to find them in good condition for a reasonable price but I eventually ended up getting them and they are now some of my fav figs from G1.

And here they are:

They do look oh so good as a group. Also in the pic is my other fav group of bots... er I should say 'cons.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #30
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

As a kid I had a lot of TFs.

My grail though, was G1 Megatron. I never had him. I saw him once in a store with my dad...all nice and shiny in gun mode. But I was denied him with a lie: "No, he doesn't transform." At the time, I believed it.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
childhood, grail, past, wanted, young