Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Items For Sale or Trade

Old 01-01-2008, 12:09 AM   #1
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Scrapper6's 2008 Collection Completion Plan Wants List.

I am going to post this now, but please understand that I can't afford anything until late January once my job starts up. I decided to post this now in anticipation of Scrapper6's 2008 Complete Collections Plan. I have a desire to finish off a lot of older series of Transformers in the new year as part of my resolution, I'm willing to pay reasonable prices for both the item and S&H especially in Canada.

I may have trades available in the future, but believe me that's a big IF/MAYBE since there isn't much I have that might even be considered partable with.

Anyway, this is the first series I'm looking to complete so we'll start with it and edit this post as months go by. Please note I can make no promises or commitments for your products until I'm 100% confidant in keeping my job, so if someone else has made an offer for any items I put up on my Wants List then by all means go with them if they're going to be paying same day.

On with the list:

Series 1 to Complete in 2008. Beast Machines Battle for the Spark.

Maximals
Night Viper
Night Slash Cheetor
Blast Punch Optimus Primal
Nightscream
Primal Prime
Dinobots Rapticon
Dinobots Magmatron
Beast Riders Che
Beast Riders Che Repaint
Deployers Blue Rav
Deployers Blue/Green Mol
Deployers Repaint Dillo (I don't recall his diferent color scheme, all I know is I got the blue one and want the redeco.)

Vehicons
Spy Streak
Motorcycle Drone 6 in Total is what I'm hoping to claim.
Tank Drone looking for 5 for my Tank Drone squadron.
Sonic Attack Jet seeking 6.
Stryka
Beast Riders Mechatron Repaint

I'm looking for either loose complete items or MOSC/MISB so I can enjoy the thrill of opening up my brand new toys, if they come loose I would hope the instructions/tech specs are still around to go with'em, but if not I can live with that especially in the case of the multiple drones.

I'm looking to finish up Beast Machines by the middle/end of Feburary and then I'll get started on my next Must Complete collection. No I'm not a crazy completionist in the sense that I must have them all... I just want to complete what I have series wise now that I have written off all new series from now until the apocalypse as it seems Hasbro will never stop making Transformers and personally I'm drawing the line with anything not ascociated with the film, it's many sequels or the Classicsverse. (When it comes to new molds, and to be 100% honest, when I first caught my glimpse of the new Classics Onslaught something just seemed... Off about him, maybe it was the angle of the picture, maybe it was the fact that he doesn't look like Classics did or maybe it's because he's a bloody Ultra figure, but still since he's Classics I may wind up just getting him... Then again I might ignore the Ultra size class except Galvatron in favor of just getting Deluxe.)

Anyway, if you can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. E-Bay is a possibility, but I'd prefer getting them from fellow fans who wish to part with their figures and give them to a fellow fans caring home. And if you want to know why I chose Beast Machines to be the first series to finish off... Well partly it's one of the collections that requires the least amount to finish off and partly because the BM Maximals and Vehicons are some of the coolest oddball figures out there and I really, really, really want to finish it off first.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Scrapper6's 2008 Collection Completion Plan Wants List.

BJ's Supertoy Sales had what I believe was the Night Slash Cheetor in Universe packaging before x-mas for $10. THey might be worth a look.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
BJ's Supertoy Sales had what I believe was the Night Slash Cheetor in Universe packaging before x-mas for $10. THey might be worth a look.

Thanks for that bit of info, but I already have the Universe version of NS Cheetor. I don't mind having multiples of a mold and I really want that Beast Machines paint job on the figure.

I really appreciate the info though, if they still have any Universe toys like Reptilion or Frostbite or Longhorn maybe you could drop me a line next time you've checked them out... Universe is another series on my Collection Completion Plan and those are a few I still need. But Beast Machines first, aside from Galaxy Comics do you happen to know any other Winnipeg Comic Shops that stock older Transformers on a regular basis? I know there's one across the street from Towne 8, but I've never been inside there keep meaning to check'em out, but alas... Maybe that Flea Market seller has some Beast Machines figures do you recall seeing any recently?
Old 01-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #4
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Jarrett at Comic Factory(across from Towne 8) deals mostly in comics only. Phone# 957-1978(Keep his card in my wallet) I get my new IDW stuff from him He does have a Universe Jet Storm in his shop but not much else Transformers wise.
Sounds like your collecting MIB which is going to make your local search a lot more difficult for sure.

The only place other than Galaxy would be Comics America on Corydon, dude there has a lot of older Transformers toys still. I go there from time to time and have had no problems personally but can name more than five fellow collectors who absolutely hate the owner and many of the stories I've heard simply numb my brain. Though Comics America's reputation may be questionable I would say to check out his shop and make up your own mind. I still buy from him from time to time.

There is also a Toy Show coming up March 30. Go to www.manitobacomiccon.com for details.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Sounds like your collecting MIB which is going to make your local search a lot more difficult for sure.

There is also a Toy Show coming up March 30. Go to www.manitobacomiccon.com for details.

Hmmm interesting, Q will be there. I'll have to preserve some funds for that, perfect opportunity perhaps to claim a few older items.

As for collecting MIB, it's not a must I just like the feel of opening new toys, but if I can only get'em loose I'll not pass up the opportunity. That's how I got my BW Scorponok from Galaxy. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled I guess, if that one store only specializes in comics perhaps he'll have a larger selection of Sonic the Hedgehog back issues, still should take a look in there if for no other reason then that, Sonic is about the only Comic series I want 100% individual issue wise.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:43 PM   #6
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Q is at the Comiccon in October, March 30 is just a dealer room but come out if you get a chance. I should have a table there. Dealer room will be just as good toy wise as the October con for sure.

And I've picked up a few loose Beaties from Galaxy as well, most notably a complete Cheetor. I just wish they didn't keep everything in those damn dump bins...............

Old 01-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #7
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Q is at the Comiccon in October, March 30 is just a dealer room but come out if you get a chance. I should have a table there. Dealer room will be just as good toy wise as the October con for sure.

And I've picked up a few loose Beaties from Galaxy as well, most notably a complete Cheetor. I just wish they didn't keep everything in those damn dump bins...............

I know what you mean, to this day I still don't know if I left Scorponok's missiles behind or if he never had them to begin with. I'm just happy to finally have the guy though, once I'm done BM I'm going to finish off my American/Canadian BW series and finally get Black Arachnia and the others like Rattrap to complete my Season 1 cast.