Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-15-2015, 11:36 PM   #1
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise
Reprolabels.com - Help

Hey all,

I bought a few third party bots (Scoria, Huff, Hench, Transistor, Invisible) and am looking to get some Autobot symbols on them. Trying to get the right size and background. Any suggestions?

Anyone know the difference between Silver and Mirror backgrounds? Do the clear background ones show enough?

Thanks
innermanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:51 PM   #2
TheRealRonin
Generation 1
Re: Reprolabels.com - Help

Scoria Set: http://reprolabels.com/Binaltech/slag.php
Huff Set: http://reprolabels.com/Binaltech/cubex-huffer.php
Hench Set: http://reprolabels.com/Classics/brawn.php

There are no current sets for Transistor or Invisible as they are both fairly new. As for the faction symbols, the silver or mirrored backgrounds give a more G1 look to the label, but the clear ones work great if the colour behind can show the white, red or purple well.
TheRealRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:07 AM   #3
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealRonin View Post
Scoria Set: http://reprolabels.com/Binaltech/slag.php
Huff Set: http://reprolabels.com/Binaltech/cubex-huffer.php
Hench Set: http://reprolabels.com/Classics/brawn.php

There are no current sets for Transistor or Invisible as they are both fairly new. As for the faction symbols, the silver or mirrored backgrounds give a more G1 look to the label, but the clear ones work great if the colour behind can show the white, red or purple well.
Thanks, I had noticed that some of them had full sets, but I was looking more at just the symbols. Buying a full set for one figure seems like it can get expensive. I just wanted a sheet of symbols that I could apply to each figure rather than dishing out money for each set.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:16 AM   #4
TheRealRonin
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by innermanchild View Post
Thanks, I had noticed that some of them had full sets, but I was looking more at just the symbols. Buying a full set for one figure seems like it can get expensive. I just wanted a sheet of symbols that I could apply to each figure rather than dishing out money for each set.

I use to be in the same boat. Give me a faction symbol and I'm happy and for some figures it works. The folks over at ReproLabels do such an amazing job that the little touches they add can bring any figure to life. I have a couple in my collection that I have forgotten what they look like fresh from the box.

Now after all it is your collection, and I am by no means paid by ReproLabels (all though to pay me in stickers may work) so you choose what is best. And besides a $5 or a $50 order the shipping cost is the same.
TheRealRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:28 AM   #5
Chigimus
Masterpiece

I can't suggest a size yet as the only figure out of the 5 you mentioned which I also have is Scoria and I haven't yet gotten around to looking through all my various faction symbol sheets to find the right sticker.

However, what I can tell you for the background differences is that the silver background is metallic grey color with a bit of pearl flecks in it to distinguish it as being silver instead of grey. The mirror background is exactly that: it's a shiny reflective background, kind of like the shiny side of tin foil. And the clear backgrounds are basically for if you just don't want an outline for your symbol and simply just want the symbol to be placed on top of whatever color the surface your applying the sticker to is. Hope that helps.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:44 AM   #6
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

I use these clear Repro symbols on Scoria and Soar. I think they look awesome. They come in a sheet of various sizes. I used the ones on the third row. You could easily use the bigger size on Transistor. Don't be fooled by the flash. The edge is hardly noticeable.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:23 AM   #7
Rev
Addict

If you are into third party figures I suggest getting a couple different sheets of both factions. You will want options. Standard Autobot on white and clear are must haves. Clear only works on light backgrounds really. Silver and clear Decepticons are must haves.

I went with white background on scoria. Pops better. Didn't sticker Soar but clear is probably the way to go.

Last edited by Rev; 01-16-2015 at 06:27 AM.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:53 AM   #8
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise

Thanks for the feedback all, really appreciate it. I think you're right Rev and I might go with a couple of different sheets, besides I'll probably need more for future figures

And nice pics by the way, that helped me see how it would look like.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:12 AM   #9
Rev
Addict

Might cost a little bit up front but one sheet lasts a long time.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:36 AM   #10
Window
Robot Master

How is the glue on the stickers?

I'm currently using Ocean decals for my autobot and decepticon symbols but they're $$ if I want to apply more than 1 per bot.

Just hoping for an idea on longevity.
Window is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reprolabels, stickers, symbol, third party