Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-19-2018, 08:02 PM   #21
Xtreme987
Metroplex
Re: New Bumblebee movie stuff up on TRU.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I dunno if it is just me but...I have no interest in the BB movie line, like...zero interest. Anyone else completely unimpressed?
Yup so far big fat NOPE on what has been released.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:33 PM   #22
Pascal
Banned

Power Charge Bee's transformation is pretty interesting, I think it's the first gimmicky toy with an involved transformation in a long time. It borrows steps from both the MP and SS figures.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:59 PM   #23
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

I dont care for the line either, especially at those prices. But the line is not for me and I have no problem with that. 80s kids grew up on simple G1 toys, I had my simple Terrorsaur and Rattrap, we need easy toys for the next generation of fans.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:38 AM   #24
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

I saw the 3 non-Deluxe sized toys today. OP, VW BB, and Camaro BB. They're $19.97 and seem Legion sized so just not worth it at that price.

Are we supposed to get anything regular Deluxe or Voyager sized that isn't toned-down to X step transformation for this line?
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:08 AM   #25
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Are we supposed to get anything regular Deluxe or Voyager sized that isn't toned-down to X step transformation for this line?
Studio Series Volks Bee, WW2 Bee, Dropkick, etc.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:05 AM   #26
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

The one product from this line that folks might want, but it not be available here in Canada is the Soundwave and Doombox Target Exclusive.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...box#post770896

Soundwave just got spotted at a Target according to thread on Reddit. No mention of price, but I feel if and when it ever comes to Canada, maybe $100+CAD.

https://www.reddit.com/r/transformer...n_he_was_even/
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:54 PM   #27
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Not just you. Even the Studio Series figures are looking just ‘meh’ to me, and I love (50% of) the Studio Series.
Not planning to get anything from the new movie either. But I do want one good representation of Bee in his new form, and if there are some really good figures, I may be temped, but nothing has impressed me so far. I'm going to be really nitpicky and a real cheapskate on this. Only buying if the price is right and bang for buck is good.

I'm not too impressed with the Studio series either. For me, it's not good bang for my buck. They look good, but when I take a really good look at the flaws and small sizes, and what I'm really getting, I'm like no thanks.

I did get a Grimlock, but it only cost me $35 when I caught it on sale and used the Hasbro coupon. Even then, I was humming and hawing. Could have gotten Blackout too at that price, but turned around and put it back on the shelf.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:37 PM   #28
ohnaji
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Power Charge Bee's transformation is pretty interesting, I think it's the first gimmicky toy with an involved transformation in a long time. It borrows steps from both the MP and SS figures.

I'll be the first to admit that I paid way too much for this figure but at the same time I'm having a lot of fun with it. The leg transformation is pretty involved and I love the battle mask feature and sculpt. Haven't been able to figure out the gimmick just yet because some of the phrases are really hidden. It looks good next to my laptop while I work.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:49 PM   #29
Pascal
Banned

Wasn't it $70 before taxes? For a toy bigger than a Leader, just as complex and with electronics, I don't think it's that bad.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:05 PM   #30
ohnaji
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Wasn't it $70 before taxes? For a toy bigger than a Leader, just as complex and with electronics, I don't think it's that bad.
I figure the price was inflated due to VW license and electronics. I like how big it is and its overall aesthetic but the construction does feel a bit cheap especially with rubber parts on it. The transformation is fairly simple once you get the handle of how the legs form but I do have to cheat if I want ankle articulation. If I had bought the International version without the voice clips I would've felt really ripped off because the gimmick is pretty cool. I personally got my moneys worth but I do think it's still pricey.