Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 02-12-2019, 04:52 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Siege Shockwave Review

Honestly? Transformers Siege Shockwave may be a flawless figure with exceptional play value to boot AND the version of this character fans have long awaited to see...but is he really flawless enough to warrant his price point?
https://youtu.be/2oFiStcY9WY
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:39 PM   #2
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Siege Shockwave Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Honestly? Transformers Siege Shockwave may be a flawless figure with exceptional play value to boot AND the version of this character fans have long awaited to see...but is he really flawless enough to warrant his price point?
https://youtu.be/2oFiStcY9WY

It a personal decision to say if he is worth the price.

I guess I have to say yes because I did get him.

Do I regret it? not really, I really think that Siege are all overpriced and I wish that more specials would happened, adding to the fact that they are in short supply and availability.

It is a very nice figure and I love the alt mode, which made him THE figure that made me want to get the Siege line.

Is he perfect?

1) Robot mode - I would have to say that the figure is as close to perfect as can be, I can't think of a single flaw except maybe the back kibble.

2) Alt mode - without the extra parts, he is the "gun" mode. With the parts, the space battleship is really nice, impressive even BUT while I love it and my favourite, it has the flaws, which sadly,they could have easily prevented:
  • a) the two turrets in the front(middle) part could have been moveable parts instead of molded into the parts.
  • b) the back parts (thrusters and extra "arms" cannons) could have been made that you wouldn't' have those empty space
  • c) the large cannons (feet extension in robot mode) could have been made better with the emptiness syndrome closed up.
  • d) the rubber tubing/cable should have been removeable

Last edited by imfallenangel; 02-14-2019 at 07:44 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #3
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Siege Shockwave Review

I got him too, but I still say no. And, like you, I pretty much think he is flawless. Since this review, I have also learned of a configuration to make the extra parts into a throne, that's kinda cool, even if unnecessary.

Here's where an interesting question comes up - Is there a difference in price and what something is actually worth and what fans are willing to pay as their own personal perceived value? I mean, comparatively, Shockwave is nowhere close to ACTUALLY being worth his price, objectively speaking. We, as fans, are clearly getting ripped off...but are we okay with that if we perceive the personal value to be there? And, is it alright with us for that to be the way these companies operate?
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote