Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-16-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
roballan
Machine War
Bad Transformers Game News

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tra.../1100-6417789/

So the new Transformers game is going to mix the FOC universe with the Bayverse. And they're ditching High Moon Studios.

This stinks of cash grab. I can't imagine anything good coming of this.

WFC and FOC are fantastic games. It's a real shame they're ditching that awesomeness for more Bay trash.

/fanrage

roballan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
laffy
Crossover
Re: Bad Transformers Game News

I have to disagree this looks cool the trailer is sweet and both me and my son can't wait for the xbox one release..., cash grab is far fetched but rather using the new movies release to draw more gamers
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
roballan
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
I have to disagree this looks cool the trailer is sweet and both me and my son can't wait for the xbox one release..., cash grab is far fetched but rather using the new movies release to draw more gamers
Maybe I'll end up being in the minority. My apologies. I saw this and thought, "who in the heck would want this to happen?" Sometimes we create worlds in our heads, though, and maybe this won't violate others' as much as my own...

roballan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:35 PM   #4
Hellboy
Alternator

High Moon probably said no-way... we aren't going to shit on our fans for the crap you want us to make. Enjoy your failed video game... we want nothing to do with it.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
laffy
Crossover

speak for your selves I remember everyone bashing FOC and it turned out to be okay... games these days have to push the edge these days and having the movie coming out in July would surely bring new blood in to the game as well
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #6
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

It would have been nice to see the next logical evolution in the WFC/FOC game story versus this movie tie in. Hopefully they go back to it after the movie stuff??? Who knows? I think it would have been a good tie in to the Generations line if they just stayed the course with WFC/FOC storyline but hey there's got to be a movie game for marketing, right? I know I don't want these two mixed together because it doesn't make sense to me for them to be together other than the movie game trying to piggyback off the success of the WFC/FOC games. Might as well throw Armada and Beast Wars together then mixed with some Animated if you want to confuse everyone.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #7
Deception
Crossover

lol everyone was bashing wfc too as well when it came out. eb offered me 2$ for it and this was a year after the release. also it does make sense to add movie characters, since the new movie is coming out.
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:05 PM   #8
Deception
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 12th Prime View Post
It would have been nice to see the next logical evolution in the WFC/FOC game story versus this movie tie in. Hopefully they go back to it after the movie stuff??? Who knows? I think it would have been a good tie in to the Generations line if they just stayed the course with WFC/FOC storyline but hey there's got to be a movie game for marketing, right? I know I don't want these two mixed together because it doesn't make sense to me for them to be together other than the movie game trying to piggyback off the success of the WFC/FOC games. Might as well throw Armada and Beast Wars together then mixed with some Animated if you want to confuse everyone.
why wouldn't it work? we haven't heard any official information about the story yet. this could work like that spiderman game that came out where you play as regular spiderman and 2099 spiderman nothing confusing about that game. it could be another one of those universes collide arcs
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #9
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 12th Prime View Post
That would actually be pretty awesome.

Anyways, if it looks fun and plays fun, I'll look into buying it on discount through Steam sometime in like 2015. If not, then no big loss. I'll just wait for the next WFC/FOC High-Moon game.

As is, this game seems very confusing. Is it movie? if is WFC? Is it some weird multiverse hybrid? Is it a multiplayer vs arena? Is it a campaign?
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #10
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I dont remember people bashing the FOC game, I remember people liking it. This new game is not going to add new blood to the series, its going to add a steaming pile of crap to an already awesome series. With Highmoons departure I have little faith in this game. Why the Hell is Hasbro so intent on merging G1/Generations stuff with Bayverse??? If I want to play a bayverse game (which I don't) I'll play one and if I want to play a Transformers game with a great story,great designs and awesome gameplay I'll play the WFC/FOC series.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote