Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-04-2016, 02:57 PM   #11
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: How the war should end?

The more important question is: How much money did Hasbro profit from the war that's been going on for some 30 years?
Old 01-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #12
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwing View Post
By terribly, do you mean how it ended, or how it currently is?

I think the way Costa ended his run with "Chaos" and having D-Void as the main villain was a pretty awful and lame way to end the war.

On the other hand, the stories that have sprung up post-war in IDW have been some of the best fiction the franchise has ever seen, so it all ended up being for the greater good anyways.
That's a really valid point. I completely turned out of idw halfway through all hail Megatron, checked in here and there and went "meh." It wasn't until mtmte/rid had been going for over a year or so that I checked them.out based on word of mouth, and even then it wasn't until that awesome.humble bundle that I fully read them and became a huge fan.

In other words. Easy to forget how crummy the comics were and how much of a miracle barber and roberts pulled off four years ago.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:44 PM   #13
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwing View Post
By terribly, do you mean how it ended, or how it currently is?

I think the way Costa ended his run with "Chaos" and having D-Void as the main villain was a pretty awful and lame way to end the war.

On the other hand, the stories that have sprung up post-war in IDW have been some of the best fiction the franchise has ever seen, so it all ended up being for the greater good anyways.
I mean how it ended. Costa, like McCarty and Furman was simply awful.

I'm not currently happy with the direction they are taking in the comics now either, but MTMTE is the better of the 2.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:10 PM   #14
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
I mean how it ended. Costa, like McCarty and Furman was simply awful.

I'm not currently happy with the direction they are taking in the comics now either, but MTMTE is the better of the 2.
Good call. The current teams output feels like a completely different company from Costa and McCarthy.

I like Furman, of course, and felt he started idw off in an interesting way - really playing up "robots in disguise." But he didn't really take his premises anywhere and went sideways and overly convoluted.

It is mind-blowingly at times how well barber and Roberts have nonetheless incorporated the stories and history laid down by the previous regimes. For a second I actually want to read Megatron origins, Roberts makes it so interesting. Then I remember how awful it is.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:44 PM   #15
Blitzwing
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Good call. The current teams output feels like a completely different company from Costa and McCarthy.

I like Furman, of course, and felt he started idw off in an interesting way - really playing up "robots in disguise." But he didn't really take his premises anywhere and went sideways and overly convoluted.

It is mind-blowingly at times how well barber and Roberts have nonetheless incorporated the stories and history laid down by the previous regimes. For a second I actually want to read Megatron origins, Roberts makes it so interesting. Then I remember how awful it is.
I agree with you, Costa's Ongoing was definitely the low point of the IDW universe. I liked a lot of Furman's ideas and where he was going with the overall story, but it was taking a long time to get to any sort of climax. All Hail Megatron had more broad appeal, but I think most fans of what Furman was doing didn't appreciate the soft reboot.

The current team of Roberts and Barber has been a major breathe of fresh air and has re-energized the Transformers comics fanbase.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:55 PM   #16
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

It ended in Beast Machines

Endgame Pt. III: Seeds of the Future

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:35 AM   #17
ARCTrooperAlpha
Beast Machine

Anyone get the feeling that IDW Megatron ended the war in the same way Prime Megatron did in Predacons Rising ?

I've seen the error of my ways (UGHH!!!)

The resolution definitely felt ...... forced.

And to how the War should end........ I think the major players should be killed off, like in the Battle of Autobot City. Getting rid of the unstoppable force(s) and the immovable object(s). Leaving the C and D characters to pick up the pieces, like say someone like Bumper facing off against Krok .
ARCTrooperAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:55 AM   #18
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 View Post
It ended in Beast Machines

Endgame Pt. III: Seeds of the Future
We don't speak of the blasphemy known as Beast Machines and it's 'organic' Cybertron.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:53 PM   #19
ARCTrooperAlpha
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
We don't speak of the blasphemy known as Beast Machines and it's 'organic' Cybertron.
Oh totally ! Though from a writing standpoint, continuity notwithstanding, it was a great series.
ARCTrooperAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:09 PM   #20
lothos
Generation 1

It will end when humans finally get tired of them causing them problems. Transformers have: 1. Lost the ability to make more of themselves (more or less). 2. Been fighting each other without a clear victor for millions of years.

As a species we've already developed sufficient ability to wipe ourselves out.. I imagine despite the difference in technology that we might figure out a way to destroy all the transformers...

With proper planning we MIGHT win a war of attrition. We would need: 1. Interstellar travel so that we can spread.... And 2. Lots of prep work. Our biggest disadvantage at the moment is we aren't as spread out as the cybertronians.... We might be able to carpet bomb Cybertron with Hydrogen bombs but there would be enough survivors in space and other planets to retaliate and kill us off....
lothos is offline   Reply With Quote