Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-25-2015, 11:23 PM   #21
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions
Re: The Rules of Collecting MPs (opinion piece)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrawn View Post
Such a horrible re release...
I don't know I got the '09 Hasbro version and I'm happy with him. Other than himself he ain't gettin' repainted into anyone else, lol. I'm surprised there hasn't been a G2 Grimlock or Diaclone love for him yet, has there?
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:38 AM   #22
CAF
Banned

I always have a "transformer of the day" who hangs out on my desk, watches the kids and I eat breakfast, and becomes my photo hog. MP-10 sat with me a few weeks ago and told me he hates what Michael Bay did to him in TF4. Optimus flat out said to me "That is me at all" No bull.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:15 AM   #23
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hhai View Post
This lists makes MP collecting seem like a real chore.

HHAI'S 10 RULES OF MP COLLECTING

1. Have fun

2. If collecting MPs become too complicated or become a chore, you're missing the point.

3. if you have the means, buy whatever MP toy you want to buy.

4. If you want a toy NOW, then by all means get it NOW. It's ok to buy a figure at full price at release.

5. If you lack money, simplify life. Everyday we spend money on so many useless thing that don't even last without even realizing it.

6. Buy at any price you feel is fair for what you're getting. Don't think someone is more clever than you because he paid a few dozen dollars less than you for the figure.

7. Transform you MPs often. They're transformers!

8. Go "pew pew" and "vroom vroom" with them. Run around the house with your MP seekers in hand and shoot the cat.

9. After a stressful day at work, watch an old G1 episode with a bunch of toys on the table and reenact scenes.

10. In the morning, grab a cup of coffee, go into the room your MPs are displayed, just look at them a few minutes and enjoy how cool life is!
This is me to a T
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:37 AM   #24
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
1. Have fun
WHAT? I'm sorry man. I don't think you understand how serious toys are.

I never open any of my toys... EVER. They all stay in the box or bubble. And I only touch the packaging when I'm wearing white gloves and a condom. Better safe than sorry.

I preach these values to any one who want to listen and many who do not, especially in the toy sections across the land.

One time I saw a kid about to open his new Transformer outside TRU, and I had to set him straight. Smacked his hand and told him never EVER open anything.

Had to spend the weekend in a holding cell for that, while I waited for the judge to make his ruling on alleged assault on a minor, but I'm sure that kid learned his lesson.

Sometimes tough love is the only way to go. He'll thank me in the years to come, when he sits in his house made of unopened toy boxes, alone, having never touched a real...toy.

Never known the feel of plastic between his fingers or the click of ratchet joints against his skin.

He'll be the envy of all as they pass by with their girlfriends and wives. They'll all wish they had a MISB MP-10.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:49 AM   #25
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
WHAT? I'm sorry man. I don't think you understand how serious toys are.

I never open any of my toys... EVER. They all stay in the box or bubble. And I only touch the packaging when I'm wearing white gloves and a condom. Better safe than sorry.

I preach these values to any one who want to listen and many who do not, especially in the toy sections across the land.

One time I saw a kid about to open his new Transformer outside TRU, and I had to set him straight. Smacked his hand and told him never EVER open anything.

Had to spend the weekend in a holding cell for that, while I waited for the judge to make his ruling on alleged assault on a minor, but I'm sure that kid learned his lesson.

Sometimes tough love is the only way to go. He'll thank me in the years to come, when he sits in his house made of unopened toy boxes, alone, having never touched a real...toy.

Never known the feel of plastic between his fingers or the click of ratchet joints against his skin.

He'll be the envy of all as they pass by with their girlfriends and wives. They'll all wish they had a MISB MP-10.
Classic! Well written for AFA collecters.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:15 AM   #26
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

At first I was worried you were serious.

Misb collectors confuse me and make me shake my head.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:48 AM   #27
Pascal
Banned

Only one rule : buy what you want when you want for how much you want if you can afford it.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:13 PM   #28
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Why should there even be rules?
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #29
CanBot
Cybertron

The original intent of my 'rules' was what I wish I would have had available to me when I started out with MPs. What it ended up doing was get me to focus on what I really wanted, sell the rest (or try) and come up with a strategy. My point wasn't how to enjoy MPs, rather how to come up with a sensible way to go about the selection and purchase of them. I also f'd up and left out rule 4 ...I musta combined a few and didn't notice.

I might try to clean it up with a more streamlined, revised version.

The simple rule of 'buy what you like' works for people, I'm sure. But as a collector of many things, I always end up going overboard. That's why a set of parameters helped, and so far my collection is all the better for it. It's certainly not meant for anything more than guidance, and some tongue in cheek examples. MPs are hellafun...even when you don't open them. I find the whole 'chase' part of the enjoyment, almost as much as the display.

And since I have to budget things, I make sure I can do it without much trouble. I have a simple set of MP goals, but sometimes oddballs get in there (Nemesis Prime, for instance...I just couldn't say no, and I'm glad I picked him up. For a while, I thought he'd be my only MP10 mold for a while until the Asia reissue for Hasbro MP10 became a reality).

I collect the first three seasons, animated movie, on-screen characters. If the MP line ever decided to really go into the Bayverse line (not the reworked Leaders from ROTF, even thought they're cool in their own right), I might bite. They were my re-entry into the hobby and hold a special place, even though I'm not a fan of the movie franchise. But I'm with MPs because of the G1 angle, and it's great so far...loving every figure they've put out and announced.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:13 PM   #30
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
10. In the morning, grab a cup of coffee, go into the room your MPs are displayed, just look at them a few minutes and enjoy how cool life is!
^^^This! I often glimpse my Detolfs while watching the hockey game or a movie, I have nothing to complain about, life is good
innermanchild is offline   Reply With Quote